RELEASED Undercut hairstyle tweak

Discussion in 'Player' started by aganman, Mar 25, 2016.

1. aganman

aganman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I've always wanted the existing undercut hairstyle to have a little bit of hair on the sides, rather than being bald.
    So it would look like this and not like this (no offense to the super shaved sides, I just prefer the other one). ALSO I added more hair when the player is front-facing.

I made it for myself and why not share it. You can see the preview attached.

It works with all hair colors, but the color will be very faint, because of the transparency.

Download here. Just put it inside the Contents/Characters/Farmer folder. Make sure to save the original file (just rename it to _hairstyles.xnb or something) so you can unmod if you want.

EDIT: I forgot to say that this will most likely not work with any other hairstyle mod out there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • MikSacred

MikSacred Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice, I wanted to try and do something like this myself but I just wasn't sure how to do it. Great work!

aganman likes this.
      • aganman

aganman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you know how to edit images? If you do, all you gotta learn is how to unpack the xnb files, which is pretty easy. You also need Photoshop or something of the sort to edit the images because you need transparency.

MikSacred likes this.
        • MikSacred

MikSacred Scruffy Nerf-Herder

lol I already looked up how to do all that a few days.. weeks? back. I'm currently very very slowly working on kitty recolours. It's just a bit tough for me cause my wrists are kinda feeble lol! So it hurts a lot after only a few minutes and my eyes can't really look at pixels up close for too long. One sheet is done though so thats nice. I appreciate the pointers though, I'm using graphicsgale right now, kinda annoying how much is locked out in the free version but I find it a bit easier to use.

My main problem with the hair is I just wasn't sure how to actually make it look good.. It's hard to explain lol. But the grey really threw me off and I couldn't really wrap my head around how to edit it. If that makes sense?

Man.. re-reading what I said above and now I feel like.. super old.

Dude.

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

I'm digging the look. I use the same hair style so much appreciated!

• Keridan

Keridan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oooooo, I love the look! The only issue I have is it still has the tiny head problem when doing the back view, is it not possible to fix that?

Metsnau likes this.