1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Wineskin wrapper for Mac

Discussion in 'Support' started by DandoCalrissian, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I'm happy to help! Don't worry about a question limit, lol. Why won't it let you download the MSXML3 ? What sort of error are you seeing? And I think it may have been possible because in the instructions post, Dando bolded only certain files, so maybe those certain files are the ones that are SUPER NEEDED and the other files are just useful? I'm not too sure.

Please let me know what you're seeing when you try to download the file, for me, the message came up asking me to download it, so I clicked the link and then downloaded it. From there I started the whole process over again because I wasn't sure if the things I did before that would stick =P

• gibby356

gibby356 Space Hobo

Ok, I was wrong. When wineskin tried to install MSXML3 it opened up a link from microsoft which I then downloaded the file but it did not install it into wineskin. So I think I was able to drag it into the MSXML3 folder lol. Not sure if that is possible but it shows it in there. So I proceeded to the next step of downloading steam and it did that and I also downloaded the game, but my wineskin screen is now saying busy and has that wonderful rainbow circle thingy. Not sure if that is bad. I was still able to click on the stardew chicken and it opened up a blue steam icon that says stardew76558802Wine and then opens up steam and has an option to play the game. Am I free to go or should it open up straight to the game? haha what a mess.

• Jinxiewinxie

If its stuck on Busy, you might try exiting it and then reopening it and seeing if your settings are all there. If they are, it should be just fine (make sure that Step 8 with having it point to Steam.exe is done).

My wineskin wrapper config window stuff is pointed to steam.exe, so when I double click on my chicken icon (I dragged it from my downloads file onto my desktop), it opens up steam and from there I can open the game. Is yours all set now? What happens when you click the chicken icon?

• gibby356

gibby356 Space Hobo

So I have shut down my computer and restarted twice and when I open Wineskin it is spinning and saying busy. She might be stuck forever, but when I click on my chicken like yours it opens up steam and from there I can open the game. So i guess I am good, but I am not sure about the wineskin busy issue.

• Jinxiewinxie

I'm glad you got it sorted out enough to play! Sorry for not knowing whats going on with wineskin, but at least you get to play ^_^

• MitchdaWalls

MitchdaWalls Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, I'm getting this message after selecting all the recommended Winetricks and pressing Run,

------------------------------------------------------

wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string

------------------------------------------------------
              Winetricks Commands Finished!!

I'm pretty new to using Wineskin but the steps before this one are all pretty straightforward so I think I must be doing something wrong at this part. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

• BL4ck

BL4ck Space Spelunker

Hi, I follow your location save file. It's only empty files. So that mean I lost all my save file after 40hours play game .......

• LeonBlade

LeonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

Try creating a new save file and confirming if this is the correct folder for you. Just start a new game, skip the intro, immediately sleep through the first night and check the Saves folder.

• BL4ck

BL4ck Space Spelunker

Hi, It correct folder. But all my old save folder is empty.

• OhYeahitsJosh

OhYeahitsJosh Space Spelunker

I'm not sure if my question was answered or not (it's really minor) but when I click on the Stardew Valley Wrapper, it loads up the Windows version of Steam and I have to run it through that. It works but I'm wondering if it's possible to run it without having to run the Windows version of Steam. I just wanted to make sure I did it correctly.

• korbawest

korbawest Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I accidentally choose the wrong profession. How to change my profession?

• OhYeahitsJosh

OhYeahitsJosh Space Spelunker

• treebeh

treebeh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks so much for posting this. I've managed to get the game running smoothly but now I've hit an issue with getting an Xbox 360 controller to work with the wrapper. I've followed all the steps up to the point whereX360ce.exe opens in Wineskin and the two filesX360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll are created. However, I received an error window popup saying and serious issue has occured and theX360ce.exe window crashes. I've exhausted all options in the OP and am at a bit of a loss as to what to try next. Does anyone have a fix for this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here's a screenshot of the error I'm receiving.
                          [​IMG]

Edit: One more small question. Where would save folders be located when using the Wineskin wrapper? I know on a Windows PC they're in %AppData%/StardewValley/saves, but I can't seem to find this particular location within the Wineskin folder hierarchy. Thanks in advance for any help with both these issues.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
                          • meeptay

meeptay Space Hobo

*waves* Hello! First off, thank you so much for creating this for us Mac kids!

I am having a problem similar to the user from the very first page. Steam works, but when I click play on Stardew Valley, it starts to load, says its running, and then nothing. It's like I never pressed play. I've tried reinstalling the wrapper, and tried to triple check that I had everything download.
                            But I'm at a loss.

EDIT: Apologies, I honestly didn't know how the logs work. I believe this is the one you meant.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
                            • LeonBlade

LeonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

That log is useless effectively, try attaching the other one.

• Sam :)

Sam :) Intergalactic Tourist

I signed up just to say THANKS!

I was getting so desperate I was almost going to pirate the game + Windows + VMWare just to play this game... But with this, I can buy the game legitimately on Steamand not give any money to Microsoft! Perfect! :)

• Femke

Femke Space Hobo

Hey, i have the same problem installing the msxml3 in winetricks, so i downloaded it from this website but i have no idea where and how to put this file somewhere now? Can you help me ?
                                  Hey, i have the same problem installing the msxml3 in winetricks, so i downloaded it from this website but i have no idea where and how to put this file somewhere now? Can you help me ?

• annia316

annia316 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for that! Sounded very promising .. but didn't work for me. Game worked for a while after fresh install. Suddenly the Save Games disappeared again. I tried your startup_preferences .. The Tips were showing again, but the save games were still missing.

• El_Death_Jazz

El_Death_Jazz Space Hobo

Can't seem to find this mentioned, how do you run the game for a 2nd time?

I've completed the installation successfully and quite happily played the game. I've quit and now i want to play some more, i click the stardew valley icon and this is all i get.

[​IMG]

I'm playing via Steam, on mavericks.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Femke

Femke Space Hobo