Catch Legend Fish First Month?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xetatan, Mar 25, 2016.

1. xetatan

xetatan Tentacle Wrangler

Has anyone been able to catch the Legend fish on the first year first month?

Or is it even possible?

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I think you'd have to do nothing but fish to get to the required level...I don't know if it's possible or not.

• uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

That would be too crazy of a venture for me. Would be an interesting challenge but you would have to have superb luck. My first spring did not rain at all.

• sorrymyfault

sorrymyfault Phantasmal Quasar

i don't see any reason why it should not be possible not talking about how lucky you need to be to reel that in

• ShadesElfen

ShadesElfen Tentacle Wrangler

It is possible, if you do as i did and do nothing but fish, managed to catch him (twice) somewhere around the 17-19th of the month, at lvl 9 and using trout soup from willys

• TheMediocreMrRook

TheMediocreMrRook Pangalactic Porcupine

Edit: Nevermind, was being dumb. No, I have never caught the legend in the first spring.

• Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

Not possible.

You cannot catch Legend without first catching the other Legendary fish.

Sorry, but whatever fish you missed was something else (maybe one of the others, maybe just a hard fish).

I spent all year fishing.... caught all of them. :) With increased skill from fishing mod even - if it were POSSIBLE to see it, I would have.

• ShadesElfen

ShadesElfen Tentacle Wrangler

sorry to be that guy... buuut...

the ONLY conditions to catch Legend is a rainy day, Spring, 6AM - 11PM, lvl 10 fishing (and that 10 can be boosted to) and aiming at the log at the mountain lake (also you need a max cast if your lvl or lvl and boost equals 10)

• sorrymyfault

that information is either wrong, updated/outdated or the game is buged, legend is one of the legendary fished and can be cought no matter how many or what fishes you have cought so far.... at least i manged too, i cought 2 legends while i still had a lot of fish missing and 2 legendarys

• Sevidra

:nuruconfused:

Well, ok then. I may have to take up fishing again in a future game. How nutty.

I actually had a game I left because I hadn't managed the Crimsonfish in the first year and was going for the Perfection award.... lol

• sorrymyfault

what is this perfection award you are talking about? :)

• Sevidra

Grandpa. Apparently, he loves you more if you get a perfect game. :p

• xetatan

xetatan Tentacle Wrangler

isn't there an item to make the grandfather re-evaluate you so you can continue getting whatever perfect thing you're talking about?

• sorrymyfault

yea there is the statue of perfection but i got that without catching every fish

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

You can now give an diamond to gramps to get a reevaluation. One of Ape's regrets was adding that shrine late in the dev cycle, it created a rushed atmosphere he never intended.

The biggest winner in terms of evaluation score is earned cash if you manage over a million you get 7 of the 12 points needed right there with milestones of less earned on the way there. All the fish and collecting stuff are only 1 point each and considering the effort some make you go though, you can skip the entire run of them.

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

The moment I found there was a point system and evaluation at the dawn of year 3, I immediately rushed everything, year 2 was the most hectic year for me and when I did finish and got the statue of perfection, the game updated saying that you can now re-evaluate yourself by tossing a diamond to the old man's shrine, imagine how I felt lol...

• BoffoBoy

Yeah diamonds are a Crystalarium's best buddy; sure they take longer, but who cares?

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

I'm a huge fan of the game's fishing and actually, I did manage to catch The Legend the first month on the first year. I was just fooling around though, trying to level up my fishing some and I snagged a fish with a symbol over it's head so I was like oh snap shit just got real and I reeled it in after a lot of careful spazzing and frenzied clicking.

It wasn't the largest size it could be I think (I don't know how big they get though) but that's to be expected considering the unmaxed fishing skill.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I've gotten a gold starred "Legend", so at the very least that is possible. ^^

• BoffoBoy

By the time you can reliably catch the legend, all the fish you are catching should be gold star, Kireien just evidently has mad skills.