RELEASED Animal Onesies for Toddlers [Junimo onesies are up!]

Discussion in 'Characters' started by pizza margherita, Mar 21, 2016.

1. pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

2. Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

These look so cute, I love 'em! <3

Just curious but do you think you'll ever make alt versions with the hoods down? I'm not sure how hard it would be to edit the back and stuff to make it look like the hood is down but I think that it'd look pretty cute and help differentiate the boys from the girls.

• pizza margherita

thanks, i'm glad you do :3

Maybe I could make a hoods down version with basic colors? The underbellies from the animal onesies won't make much sense i think

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Possibly lazy solution give the girls bows on top of the hoods less work, easier to tell it's a girl, plus makes them more adorable? lol

• Valkjosandi

Well I haven't actually reached the part where you have kids yet but do the toddlers ever turn around to where you can see their backs? 'Cause I figured if they did you could show the animal part of their hood on their back but again I have no idea how much work that would take or if they even turn around and stuff. I guess I just like being able to see their hair but I don't really like the default onesies that they have on is all and so that's why I thought I'd ask since you seemed to be the only one really changing it up on here. In any case though I love what you've done so far and I can't wait to see more so keep it up! :D

Edit: Another idea if you do end up doing onesies with hoods down or what have ya' you could also change the color of their hair to match, I'd personally love a kid with blonde hair and blue eyes in a blue onsie or something along those lines to better match my player character's appearance but then again I guess it would be a lot more work since you'd also have to change the hair and eyes on the baby version as well huh? Hrm.... Well just do whatever you feel up to doin', I just like to toss out ideas is all since I don't know anything when it comes to pixel art, otherwise I'd probably be trying to do this sort of thing myself, ahaha.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
          • pizza margherita

@Valkjosandi
            Oh they do turn their backs, not too often but they do haha. I don't think i have enough skill to make it distinguishable when it's going to be scrunched up at the back. ^^;

It's totes ok haha, I appreciate that you're telling me your ideas

Oh not to bump you off or anything like that, if you want toddlers that match their parents (spouse) then I'll link you this! There's one that matches your description too.

I tried putting the bows on but they I can't seem to make it look like a bow, darn. Like a pixel off but draw more on it, it gets too big. Thanks for the idea though!

• pizza margherita

Attached Files:

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Maybe try to two four pixel triangles meeting?
              Idk, I'll try to mess with next time I'm on the PC.
              Also I'd add the new onsies to the main post.

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

omg I love these X3:love:

pizza margherita and Superior_s like this.
                • Valkjosandi

Oh sweet! I'm surprised I didn't see this before. Thanks for the link! And no worries on the onsie thing, what you've made still looks adorable and is by far beyond anything I'd ever be capable of doing. I actually tried messing with the pixel art for the toddlers myself after posting that last message and dang is it a lot of work, at least for me, granted I have hardly any idea as to what I'm doing ^^;. You have my utmost respect. Also those new onsies look amazing, I especially love the cow, hehe.

Superior_s likes this.
                  • pizza margherita

oh gosh i don't deserve such kind words

no no i just do recolors haha pixelling is hard, it makes you squint until you get your eyes strained and making pixel art is a totally different beast OTL

Superior_s likes this.
                    • pizza margherita

four pixels look pretty big on their head?

ok feel free to post it btw

oh thanks i really should do that

Superior_s likes this.
                      • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I'll mess with it some when I get up in morning, downloaded all the toodlers. They're so great! You could also probably change the thread to a released thread instead of WIP.

• pizza margherita

You're such a big help

i would've been so lost here lmao

i'll upload a png of the cow onesie, hope it helps

Attached Files:

• umu.png
                              umu.png
                              File size:
                              6.6 KB
                              Views:
                            Superior_s likes this.
                          • pizza margherita

Oh no don't feel bad, it's okay, really! English escapes me most of the time ^^;

Wait did you mean changing my text over at the original post? I'm a tad scatterbrained about these things

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

You're doing fine. You understood what I was suggesting. Lol

• pizza margherita

oh alright haha

whoops that was your sig oh wow go me

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Don't worry about it I was confused for a minute then realized the forum doesn't make it obvious that it's a signature so I changed it to be obvious. lol

• Valkjosandi

So after viewing that one person's toddler mod and still being completely infatuated with your own I took it upon myself to edit a few of your toddlers to include hair and eye colors that go with at least two of the marriage candidates (Alex and Haley). And well seeing as you did most of the work in creating the toddlers I figured I'd leave the link to the files here for you to do with as you please. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jadrdrooc724fzf/AACQq5KGjh91_aYUSX2EeWi8a?dl=0

Now I haven't tested them myself since I currently don't have any toddlers in-game but they should work. If for whatever reason they don't however or if any of you guys notice something wrong with them let me know and I'll try to fix it. (Note that this is my first time doing anything like this so I'm a bit clueless when it comes to everything).

Edit: Also if someone has a save with toddlers in 'em that I could use to test them out or if someone is willing to test them out for me that would be fantastic.

• pizza margherita

Oh! I'm ok with edits but have you asked permission from the creator of the toddlers you used? This could be against their policy :0

If they're okay with this, I could PM you with my save so you can check it out :)