RELEASED [SMAPI 0.39+] DailyFriendshipIncreaser

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by nays4, Mar 23, 2016.

1. nays4

nays4 Void-Bound Voyager

SMAPI 0.39+

This mod requires SMAPI 0.39 or higher

Description:
    This mod increases daily friendship by a user configuration.
    The mod default removes friendship decay.

Instructions:

1. Install SAMPI 0.39 https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases

2. Place the DailyFriendshipIncreaser.dll and manifest.json into a folder named DailyFriendshipIncreaser. Then put this folder into %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\

3. Run SMAPI once to create the config file.

4. Edit the config.json file to values you choose

CONFIG EXPLINATION
    If my values were
    "false"
    "4"
    "5"
    If I talked to Haley that day 5 points will added at the end of the day to her friendship value.
    If I did not talk to Alex then at the end of the day 4 points will be added to his friendship value at the end of the day.
    Talking to a friend multiple times does not stack the amount added at the end of the day.

INFO:

IF DECAY IS FALSE AND VALUES OF THE INCERACES ARE BOTH '0' THEN THER IS NO DECAY AND NO INCREASE
    IF DECAY IS TRUE THE MOD DOES NOTHING

IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SMAPI 0.37 or 0.38

UPDATE V 1.1 :
    Changed config and manifest format to be compatible with SMAPI 0.39

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    • Knetic

Knetic Big Damn Hero

Would you be able to update this for the newest version of SMAPI? Would love to use this one!

• nays4

nays4 Void-Bound Voyager

Just updated it, should work for 0.39 + thanks for the support!

Vith and Superior_s like this.
        • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great mod! I had been looking for something like this that would work! :)

So, if all I want is to disable the decay, is it okay to set the increase values to 0 and just set decay to false?

• Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Very nice, thank you ever so much!

• zeraxx

zeraxx Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just want the no decay, so it is safe to assume i just need to put 0 to both base increase and talk increase?

• Jadzi

Jadzi Void-Bound Voyager

Did you guys test this out and confirm or not? This is also what I would like to happen

• zeraxx

zeraxx Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's hard to test because social editor menu mod to look at friendship point doesn't work with latest SMAPI
                  I'm not using this mod right now until OP himself answer it

• Jokerine

Same, waiting for OP :)

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Okay, i just had the config on "false" "0" "0", and everything was normal, except the friendship did not went down after ignore them.
                      (Checked the values in the save file to test it.)

Very nice mod, thx!

EDIT: Just 1 little wish: Do the finished folder and pack it as zip and upload the zip.
                      Its way better do add then have to create the folder and manifest myself and copy/paste the code.

Superior_s and Jokerine like this.
                      • Jokerine

Thanks for testing, @Yunix :)

• nays4

nays4 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes this is true sorry for the late response, if decay is false and the values are 0 and 0 then it just counters the decay for your friends and also for yours spouse as well.

• nays4

nays4 Void-Bound Voyager

working on making the zip right now, sorry I didn't realize the inconvenience of copying the manifest, thanks for the support!

• nays4

nays4 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi everyone thank you for the support! This is my first mod ever and trying to get the hang of the system. Sorry for the inconvenience with having the copy the manifest from Dropbox. It is now a .zip file.
                              I am looking into working on a STORM version as well but need to learn more about how the API works so it will be a work in progress.
                              Also are there any suggestions on changing how the mod works, is there anything you would like to have the option to edit in the config file?
                              I am open to any suggestions and will try my best to implement ones I am able to do.

• Jadzi

Jadzi Void-Bound Voyager

Simple and exactly what we need for Smapi 39.2! Thanks!

• Unatan

Unatan Aquatic Astronaut

This mod increases the NPC's friendship by how ever much a person sets in the config (or not at all as per the above posts), is this done weather you have spoken to them or not or does it just do it daily automaticly for everyone?

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the better download! :3
                                    Better don't waste your time on Storm, the project is almost dead.

• nays4

nays4 Void-Bound Voyager

So of the 3 values in the config file as long as the decay is false then you are able to increase the friendship points of everyone daily in the first by editing the first value in the config file. This value represents the amount of points gained daily if you have no talked to the friend. The second value represents the points added daily if you talk to a friend that day.

So if my config file was
                                      false

If I talked to Haley that day 5 points will added at the end of the day to her friendship value.
                                      If I did not talk to Alex then at the end of the day 4 points will be added to his friendship value at the end of the day.
                                      Talking to a friend multiple times does not stack the amount added at the end of the day.

sorry for the confusion and lack of explanation of the config file

• Undreamed

Undreamed Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ty for the mod <3
                                        but what is the "normal" value of incrase if i talk to a friend?

• Jokerine

Thanks for the update, @nays4! :)