1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Saves becoming corrupt/disappearing

Discussion in 'Support' started by DeathAngel777, Mar 22, 2016.

1. DeathAngel777

DeathAngel777 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello.
    So Two times now my save has gone corrupt/disappeared. When i load up Stardew-click load game-it then says "No game files found" (this text is also glitched and offset/off screen)
    In the saves folder it shows i have a save but not in game.
    I have tried the trick with making a new character and moving the files but then when i load that save it crashes the game.
    I dont know how/why this happens but it has twice. One when i was in Year 1 summer and the recent one i was in Year 1 Winter. So i dont know what casuses this.
    Lastly the game did not crash and this happened. I saved then exited the game normally how i always do and then next time i want to play, this happens.
    Help to the solution or a fix would be great. Even just info to avoid this.
    Thank you~~~DeathAngel.
    Ps. I love this game alot, just cant keep restarting after 20+ hours each.

• Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Can you upload your save file and savegameinfo file? Either upload them as a zip or upload them both to www.filedropper.com and copy paste the links it gives you here.

• ande2286

ande2286 Space Hobo

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
      • Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Your save file only has NULL values in it and cannot be fixed.
        Do you have a backup? If not,
        Try right clicking within the
        C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves
        folder then hit properties, then under the previous versions tab, see if there are any previous version of your save file.
        If there is nothing there, I am sorry, you will have to start over.
        I suggest making backups next time.
        Also there is a save editor you can use to help get some of your progress back:
        http://community.playstarbound.com/...-inventory-editor-thanks-to-midgetman.108255/

RushToward likes this.
        • ande2286

ande2286 Space Hobo

Thank you. It did have a restore point from earlier in the week so better than nothing.

Yusuke Urameshi likes this.