Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

gah. you people and your high speed interwebz T~T gif.. so... big D=

I jest. Yeah, I got a data capped net, but eh. Can't drag everyone with me =p

Looking good. Maybe this will push me to look into maybe making my own lil plug ins.

Superior_s likes this.
    • Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

v38.6 gets me a bit of slowdown tho i don't encounter any error, i installed again the v38.3 :)

anyway thanks for updating the API! xD

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

I'll do some performance checks and see if I can improve anything.

• SuccuIncu

SuccuIncu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello..
          I tried to launch the smapi 0.38.8 on 1.0.6..
          I tried to install net 4.5 but it said It is already part of the system..
          I don't really understand what I should do..
          Can anyone help me?
          Thank you..

[19:15:42] Validating api paths...
          [19:15:44] Critical error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
          File name: 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll'
          at StardewModdingAPI.Program.ConfigureSDV()
          at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args)

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

Very odd. I'd assumed that installing Stardew would automatically install that requirement. Are you using the Steam or the Gog version?

• SuccuIncu

GOG version..
              and don't mind me..
              I just reinstalled and restarted my laptop and then everything just went smoothly...
              sorry to bother you..
              something must have went wrong when I installed the game..
              sigh....

• ClxS

Not a problem! Glad it works now :)

• SuccuIncu

Keep up the good work... :D
                  and thanks for helping meee... :)

• Genn Faol

Genn Faol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Unfortunately, mods like the ones that let you raise your stamina and health are still Storm-only, and I can't really imagine playing the game without those. Sucks that certain people felt the need to pressure others into accepting the inferior alternative.

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

If you mean your max health and max stamina that has been a feature in SMAPI since... the beginning.

Superior_s likes this.
                      • Genn Faol

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

Superior_s likes this.
                      • jumpstartgunner

jumpstartgunner Space Hobo

Does this mod work with the latest version of API??
                        Because I can't seem to even get SDVMM to ever recognize it.

• Genn Faol

The reason is pretty much meaningless; because of this conflict there will be plenty of mods that are only available for one or the other until it's all resolved, to the detriment of the players. Can't really blame mod authors for not knowing what to do when there's no clear news on what's happening.

Shadow123367 likes this.
                          • OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

I decided that I will only support my mods for stable versions of SMAPI, that are the most backwards compatible with existing mods, to avoid crazyness.

This mean now 0.38.6

I ask modders and users to refrain from updating to newest experimental SMAPI unless you really want to do experimental work.

Superior_s likes this.
                            • ClxS

Yeah it's a tricky one. A lot of updates are coming in fast because there's a lot of changes that needed to be made.
                              I suggest mod developers target the latest version for obvious reasons. It's the version I'll be ensuring compatibility with when major API changes occur. The changes made to 0.39 are all minor enough.

For users, sure. I suggest holding off until the mods you want have updated. If a mod hasn't been updated, maybe ask the mod creator to do it :). (Politely! Please don't hound people)

However I've got a suggestion on how to make 0.37 mods compatible with 0.39. Give me a minute whilst I test it!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
                                fimbulvetr and Superior_s like this.
                              • ClxS

Making 0.37 mods compatible with 0.39

Hi Everyone!

So 0.38 brought a few big changes to how mod loading work. Mods are now stored slightly differently, they are now stored in their own separate folder, like this:
                                upload_2016-3-23_23-19-35.png

Unfortunately this means mods will not work due to the change.

The good news is that you can manually make this fix and most mods should then work in 0.39.

First things first:
                                1. In your mod folder, you'll have loose mods like this:
                                upload_2016-3-23_23-22-6.png

Make a new folder for each mod, and copy the mods files into it, like this:
                                upload_2016-3-23_23-22-49.png

Now go into one of the new mods folders, you'll need to create a new file called manifest.json. You can do this by right-clicking in the folder, and going to New > Text Document, and renaming this new text document to manifest.json.
                                upload_2016-3-23_23-23-19.png

Now, open the manifest.json file in a text editor and add the following:
                                Code:
                                {
                                  "Name": "<ModName>",
                                  "Authour": "<ModAuthor>",
                                  "EntryDll": "<Mods DLL name. i.e., Sprint.dll>"
                                }

And the mods should now work. Sorry it's a bit of a pain in the butt. New versions of mods should already provide this file, but this is more just to support mods which haven't/wont update to the latest version. Let me know if you have any problems.

As for 0.38 mods, whether they are compatible depends on what features they've used. If they used the new configuration class introduced in 0.38, they possibly wont be. If they didn't, they might work as is.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
                                • SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Just renaming a txt file to manifest.json doesn't work for me... The name of the file is just manifest.json.txt then... Do you need an extra program or something for it to work? Even with Notepad++ it won't work...

• hihi427

hihi427 Tentacle Wrangler

The name of the file should be "manifest.json" not "manifest.json.txt"

• lord676

lord676 Void-Bound Voyager

you need to install xna framework 4.0 just like me

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.