RELEASED [SMAPI] Enemy Health Bars

Discussion in 'User Interface' started by OrSpeeder, Mar 15, 2016.

?

Did you liked the colour scheme? (red for healthy enemy, green for almost dead enemy).

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    69.6%
  3. Neutral

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

Hum... not bad idea, I will see about it :)

• Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

Ooooooooooooooooooh I completely forgot about that. Im a big derp D:
      Thats very clever O: and also explains why the new area doesnt have them at all <:D

I agree with this as well. I think this would help make it more intuitive for those of us who forget (like me <:D)

--------

In either case, feel free to use the pics i took for OP
      The first time i saw this, i almost ignored it because of lack of pics of said content o:

• Kitsuni

Kitsuni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Possible the round the corners of the bar to make it more aesthetically pleasing? =P

• OrSpeeder

Updated it!

new stuff:

• updated to SMAPI 0.38
          • added the "???" suggestion
          • also added number values for enemy health
          • default colour scheme is now the one people asked on the poll
          • "inverted" colour scheme available on configuration file (switch from "0" to "1")

You people can suggest new stuff, including new graphics (and sorry Kitsuni, putting rounded corners is non-trivial :( ), new functionalities, whatnot.

elsbcore and RaulMarq like this.
          • Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

just a random thought that i just had since you asked for like new graphics ideas or something..

What if when the enemy dies, the health bar shatters like glass or something and crumbles and falls apart before fading? I mean it could work within small handful of frames that would take a tad longer to disappear, but itd look pretty spiffy i think.

As a random wise person said, 'its the small things in life that bring value to the big things'... or something like that :p

----

Oh maybe you could add names over/under the health bars. something that could be unlocked through the experience system youve built up o:

• zeraxx

zeraxx Subatomic Cosmonaut

Using the updated version and all enemy health bar disappears, is it reset when using the updated version? Because when i use the 0.8 version i already unlocked all the enemy's healthbar. I'm using SMAPI 0.38.6

EDIT : now it works with SMAPI 0.38.8.

The health digit is too small when zoomed out. Maybe make it bigger or make an option to turn it on/off. Can you also make it only show health bar after you hit the enemies? So enemies that you don't hit don't show health bar. To me always showing health bar is kinda cheatie because from the health bar i can know enemies position.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
              • Kaireo

Kaireo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

By the way, your should also post this in http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/. I'm sure a lot more people to take notice of the mod or just add this too to the mod section (Not forums) of Stardew Valley

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
                • OrSpeeder

Not a bad solution... I was wondering how to fix the problem of black-sprite enemies in the shadows being outed by the mod.

I did made some enemies not reveal themselves already though (you don't see health bars on sleeping bats, hidden crabs, hidden duggies).

I will add this to my to do list here :)

@Kaireo

that is planned! It is that I finished the mod update last night 4:00 in the morning or something like that... didn't had time to go around uploading stuff.

• darkvergus

darkvergus Void-Bound Voyager

Will you update this mod soon to the new version of smapi?

• OrSpeeder

It is already updated to the new version... If you mean 0.38.8

In fact I even made a mistake, I released the mod for 0.38.8 BEFORE SMAPI itself :p (when I released the mod, SMAPI public release was 0.38.6)

• Syzygos

Syzygos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Getting an error with version 1.5 on SMAPI 0.39.2 Alpha.

[​IMG]

• OrSpeeder

Yeah, that is VERY annoying.

You see, I pulled the code for 0.38.8 config before it was released, made the mod, went to the pharmacy, now I am home and it is already broken.
                          ¬¬

I will have to fork SMAPI if this keeps up, I can't keep updating mods on my free time to conform to SMAPI constantly changing like this.

• OrSpeeder

Implemented the feature you asked.

Also I downgrade the SMAPI versions it supports to 0.38.6, due to SMAPI versions past that breaking backward compatibility with 0.37 mods, and I not having time to just update my mods every time SMAPI updates.

RaulMarq likes this.
                            • Dravenace

Dravenace Seal Broken

Hi OrSpeeder i have been playing around with your source files and i think i almost have it ready for SMAPI 3.9 but i get a error i'm new to modding maybe you can finish it since you made the mod you might know where i went wrong. heres what i have. If I messed up Bad Let Me Know I Tried been up 36 hrs working on it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
                              • OrSpeeder

PLease no... :(

I decided to stop updating mods only temporarily, until I can see where SMAPI is going, so I don't keep re-updating it every few hours (I have too many mods).

I will update it later... don't worry... as for why it doesn't work on SMAPI 0.39.2, it is some changes in the manifest.json and config.json the code itself doesn't need to be changed at all actually.

• zeraxx

zeraxx Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why? From CIsX answer to your question in this thread http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/stardew-modding-api-0-39-2.108375/page-11#post-2843151
                                  SMAPI next update is still a long way, and it will be compatible with latest SMAPI (so 0.39.2)
                                  Updating mod every few hours is really an exaggeration seeing latest SMAPI is two days ago.

Oh yeah just to let you know, i tried updating the manifest.json of the 1.6 version and it still don't work but the old 0.8 version works with the updated manifest.json

• OrSpeeder

I say every few hours, because SMAPI literally updated several times in a few hours back then. I plan in resuming mod updating soon, as soon some SMAPI kinks are smoothed.

And my "please no..." is that I don't want make people waste their time... My license is actually GPL on purpose, people are very free to fork from my mods, update, learn, and do whatever they want :) I just didn't want people in a "hurry" to do lots of useless work. (because soon I will resume coding myself, no need to do stuff I will do).

• OrSpeeder

Sorry for all my recent hot-headeness and assholeness

I updated it to SMAPI 0.39.2, I also made a Patreon, hoping I will be able to work more on modding, and less on non-game contract programming

• mkslux00

mkslux00 Intergalactic Tourist

Guys! If I used SMAPI to play the game do I still get the steam achievements?

and

can someone help me convert my file to xnb? I made a cat skin replacement...

• Kaireo

Kaireo Scruffy Nerf-Herder