Tool StarDew Valley ModManager(SDVMM) 3 -VB based

Discussion in 'Mods' started by yuukiw, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

I'm getting the same error as nicklecurry
    Error.png

• yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it due your system not executing the sleep command and it trying to extract teh update while the old version is still running.

I dont know why some systems wont accept sleep through sine its an error that is in windows since atleast vista/7 and even works on windows 10 (which i use).

• joshmiller83

joshmiller83 Big Damn Hero

Any chance of an update to SDVMM to allow for selection of Mod Directory/Location? I have our mods stored in the Main Stardew Install Directory which SMAPI now supports.

Also would be nice if it correctly installs mods with the new SMAPI install procedure which is each mod in its own folder in the mod directory (if the mod supports this that is)

P.S. Also was curious is SDVMM a He? I keep seeing references here and on Nexus to a He in terms of SDVMM... Just made me wonder if its a sentient AI? :)

• yuukiw

1. i should be able to implement this.
          2. I will look into it for now you could basicly use routine for it
          3. Its an german thing xD

• joshmiller83

joshmiller83 Big Damn Hero

Also using SDVMM 1.4i it is asking to update SMAPI which I already did manually to 38.6 but SDVMM still shows 37.3A and asks to update. :(

• yuukiw

Just change the value in the ini ;)

• nickelcurry

nickelcurry Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is there a workaround for the sleep problem?

• yuukiw

I added a new batch that doesn an more hacky way (it pings the local host for 4 minutes).
                  But alas you could execute the updater.exe yourself.

nickelcurry likes this.
                  • nickelcurry

nickelcurry Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, I executed the updater.exe and now it seems to be working! Thanks! :D

• lilith1020

lilith1020 Void-Bound Voyager

it wont launch the game when i click launch stardew valley

• JackHawk9000

JackHawk9000 Intergalactic Tourist

I am using SDVMM V1.4i with SMAPI-0.39.2 (so all the latest available) when I load the .exe I add the .dll and .json files for the CheatMenu 1.9 (also newest available) mod and it does not load into the game. Any advice?

• JackHawk9000

JackHawk9000 Intergalactic Tourist

Only the TrainerMod.dll seems to load

EDIT:

I figured it out I had to manually add the "CJBCheatsMenu" folder (the unzipped one) into the

program files>steam>common>stardew vally>mods

you will see the "TrainerMod" and "Content" folders in there already just to know your in the correct place.

The SDVMM seemed to add the .dll content into the

c:>users>"your pc name">appdata>roaming>stardew
                          valley>mods

but I had to do that first step manually for it to work.
                          Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.

I also had to do this with the item price mod as well just a heads up.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
                          • Irulan

Irulan Space Hobo

I'm getting an error every time I launch SDVMM. I was wondering if someone could lend me a hand?
                            I've followed along with the installation video and double checked that the directory settings are correct (I think?). I've got the net framework 4.5 thing installed already, too.

I get a notification that SMAPI isn't installed, but when I accept the installation I get an error window:

Code:
                            See the end of this message for details on invoking
                            just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
                            System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set.
                               at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ctor(Object Instance)
                               at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
                               at SDVMM.MainForm.checkSmapiUpdate()
                               at SDVMM.MainForm.SDVMM_Startup()
                               at SDVMM.MainForm._Lambda$__1(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
                               at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
                               at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
                               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
                               at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                               at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                               at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
                            mscorlib
                                Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
                                Win32 Version: 4.6.1073.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
                            ----------------------------------------
                            SDVMM
                                Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
                                Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/SDVMM/SDVMM.exe
                            System.Windows.Forms
                                Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
                            System
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
                            System.Drawing
                                Win32 Version: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
                            Microsoft.VisualBasic
                                Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
                                Win32 Version: 14.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
                            System.Core
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
                            System.Deployment
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
                            System.Xml
                                Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
                            System.Configuration
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
                            To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
                            application or computer (machine.config) must have the
                            jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
                            The application must also be compiled with debugging
                            enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
                                <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                            </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
                            will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
                            rather than be handled by this dialog box.

yuukiw likes this.
                            • yuukiw

so the own folder is now manotory?

• ShockConan

ShockConan Intergalactic Tourist

You did everything correct. I also just installed the client with the same Error Message. Then I tried to install SMAPI manual, well I dont get the notificaton about to install SMAPI anymore, but I still get the Error Message.
                                I can launch SMAPI with the button, so I guess it works, Im not so sure about that.

Edit: Probably, the error appears because it cant show the current installed mods in the Stardew Valley folder.

• yuukiw

working on the issue. i Could isolate the line that is at fault.

• Bucketsmith

Bucketsmith Aquatic Astronaut

Error at startup:
                                    Code:
                                    See the end of this message for details on invoking
                                    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
                                    System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set.
                                       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ctor(Object Instance)
                                       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
                                       at SDVMM.MainForm.checkSmapiUpdate()
                                       at SDVMM.MainForm.SDVMM_Startup()
                                       at SDVMM.MainForm._Lambda$__1(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
                                       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
                                       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
                                       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                                       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
                                       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                                       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                                       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
                                    mscorlib
                                        Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
                                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
                                    SDVMM
                                        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
                                        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
                                        CodeBase: file:///D:/My%20Documents/Downloads/Games/Stardew/SDVMM/SDVMM.exe
                                    System.Windows.Forms
                                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
                                    System
                                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
                                    System.Drawing
                                        Win32 Version: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
                                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
                                    Microsoft.VisualBasic
                                        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
                                        Win32 Version: 14.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
                                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
                                    System.Core
                                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
                                    System.Deployment
                                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
                                    System.Xml
                                        Win32 Version: 4.6.1067.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
                                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
                                    System.Configuration
                                        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
                                    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
                                    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
                                    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
                                    The application must also be compiled with debugging
                                    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
                                        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                                    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
                                    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
                                    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Not sure if it matters, but running it as admin makes no change.

Next error when trying to add "farmextension":
                                    - I click on [Add SMAPI/XNB Mod]
                                    - I have to navigate to my designated download folder for Stardew mods, quite annoying it does not save the location!
                                    - I select "terrain features" as the category
                                    Code:
                                    Cannot read file from disk! Please restart SDVMM and try again.
                                    Restarting the program changes nothing.

The Bigger Greenhouse mod seems to load fine into the program. (Have not tested starting up the game yet.)

For CJB's Show Item Sell Price mod, I have to set the filetype to [All *.*] to be able to select the StardewCJB.dll file. I've got no idea if I'm doing it right for this mod.

Any ideas on any of these issues?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
                                    • yuukiw

Cannot read file from disk! Please restart SDVMM and try again. with xnb most of the time happens when the xnb you want to install has an different name then the one you want to replace.

The other one is being worked on as seen above ;)

• Bucketsmith

Bucketsmith Aquatic Astronaut

I don't believe the Farm Extension mod replaces anything.

"The other one" is the error at startup, I presume?
                                        What about the mod in .dll format?

• EvilPoptart81

EvilPoptart81 Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah I'm getting the exact same issue, it's quite frustrating! I hope there's an easy solution to this soon. I fiddled with trying to get this to work last night and eventually gave up after about an hour. :p