RELEASED Easier fishing

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by steffjes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Have you tried using a Trap Bobber? Those make a huge difference.

It should make fish significantly easier. Also, how do you know it's a Sturgeon and not something far harder? A Sturgeon is only 78. With the normal (not the super easy) mod, I've found that Pikes (60) hover almost in place and barely move. I can't imagine that a 78 fish with this mod being that much harder to be honest.

• JinKotte

JinKotte Space Hobo

Hi,
      I've never used mods before and while I'm not worried about game files, as I have two backups (thought they were save files at first), I am worried about if mods are safe to download.
      I trust that the maker of this mod doesn't have any bad intentions, but is it even possible for other mods to harm a computer? Does it depend on the mod or the site?
      Thanks. :D

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

No it doesn't, This is pure random luck.

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

The numbers in the front that you are indicating to aren't the only numbers that matter in how hard a fish is.
          The number you were pointing to is just the chance of them moving around.

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Mods are not harmfull to your pc. (My mod just replaces a already existing file so it also doesn't change anything to the size.)
            I do suggest watching out with what you download tough ^^ You can never be to safe.
            Just look trough the comemnts and you can easily see if its legit, if you are ever worried.

Also Mods can break your game tough, Thats why i am telling everyone to make a backup. Not because i think my mod will break your game. But you never know. If you place the mod incorrectly your game freezes and closes. <-- Have seen this multiple times with people

JinKotte likes this.
            • steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

I will not do that. I am sorry.
              I feel like i have nerfed the fishing already way to much thats why i didn't nerf the easier fishing but i made a seperate mod.

Also mediumer fishing will be releasing today for anyone who was curious

pizza margherita likes this.
              • JinKotte

JinKotte Space Hobo

Thanks. :)

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, no but it is usually a decent indicator as to relative difficulty.

Anyways, for @Baenling , I hooked a Sturgeon and it moved a little, but didn't move that much with the normal version of this mod.

Pretty sure that wasn't a Sturgeon you had on your line... it must have been something else, because it pretty much sat still except for one small little hop.

But yet, looking at wiki's list, I can't see what else it could have possibly been, unless it was the Angler Fish (though wiki claims that only bites in the Fall)?

• Baenling

Baenling Space Hobo

Aw. Sad to hear this but I understand your reasoning as well. Thanks for the reply!

My game is currently in Summer so that can't have been it.
                    I'm not sure what it was (I'm fishing in the water right outside the Mines/Adventurer's Guild) but holy bajeezus dude. It was jumping everywhere. I have no problem catching anything else. :c
                    I'll see if I can't get some trap bobbers, that sounds like it could help. Thanks :)

• Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds like you found Crimsonfish, one of the legendary fishes.

Crimsonfish can only be caught in the Lake (by which we mean the lake outside the mines), and only in the summer.

Legendary fishes are notoriously hard to catch, I'm pretty sure there's no regular fish that's as hard to reel in in vanilla, and I'm pretty sure steffjes kept it like that in his mod (though I think he has tuned them down a bit). You can usually tell a legendary fish apart from a common fish in that the fish icon going up and down looks a bit different. Off the top of my head I can't recall exactly how it looks, but I'm fairly sure the dorsal fin is golden as opposed to the usual blue(?).

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Uh, dude, Crimsonfish is caught from the ocean in the light blue area that you can only get to, if you repair the wood bridge for 300.

And legendary fish are dark blue instead of green, and they have a red fin instead of a lighter colored one. And I reeled in a Crimsonfish just the day before yesterday with this mod, and it barely moved (it acted somewhat like a tuna did without the mod).

I wonder if he didn't install the mod properly? I've yet to see any fish that jumps around that much. Perhaps he didn't put the file in the right spot and he's really using the vanilla system?

• Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm, strange, I caught Crimsonfish in the lake just the other day. I haven't even repaired the bridge yet. Might be a bug on my end. Or maybe it can be caught in two places, but that seems highly unlikely.

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

• stella0708

stella0708 Space Hobo

so I downloaded the super easy fishing mod (because I'm absolute rubbish at it) and the first time I went to fish after that, the game crashed. And then when I loaded it back up, the game crashed AGAIN and completely deleted my save file.

I'm not sure if it was the mod that caused this or if there's just a glitch right now that I wasn't aware of?? It could also be that I just did something wrong when I installed the mod... Can someone help me fix this?? I created a backup file before installing any mods but I'm not super tech savvy so I don't know how to restore it..

please help! I had 60+ hours put into that character, I would hate for it to just disappear like that.

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Add me on steam. Link is on the bottom of the mainpage.
                              I will personally restore it for you.
                              You misplaced the mod causing it to crash. No idea where the deleting the savefile happend.

Good that you made a backup ^^

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

• BrainFlakes

BrainFlakes Space Hobo

Hi,

I actually joined the forum specifically to be able to reply here.

I got Stardew Valley a week ago and have been completely addicted since. Absolutely adore it. However, I've had a LOT of trouble with the fishing minigame and it's had a devastating effect on the rest of the game for me.

The thing is, I'm disabled. Though I can click and double click my mouse fine I'm unable to keep up with the clicks it needs for the minigame and I can't hold the mouse button down without the occasional muscle twitch the drops it too fast, too. Which makes it close to impossible for me.

So for those asking "Why does anyone need this? The minigame is easy," here's your answer. I do. You've saved the game for me. Thank you so, so much for raising the accessibility to a level I can cope with and making it actually possible for me. You have no idea how much you've helped me!

I see you have also done Harder Fishing - giving a great challenge to those who do find it too easy already, which I think is a fantastic idea too.

Keep up the good work, you've done something fantastic here. Thank you so, so much!

• aureatation

aureatation Big Damn Hero

Hey, is this updated for 1.0.6? I crashed when I updated with this mod.

• Hiragirin

Hiragirin Void-Bound Voyager

I can't thank you enough for this, I can finally fish without feeling like I'm going to burst an artery. :fishbowl:

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Add me on steam i will take a look.