RELEASED Anime Villagers (30/30 Portraits done)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by LumpySpace, Mar 16, 2016.

1. LumpySpace

LumpySpace Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would really like to try. For me it is really hard to draw anyone who isn't a pretty lady or a bishie guy (same thing, really). So I have no idea on where to start fixing the problem. I hate to admit it, but now that I drew all of the characters I am comfortable with expect a noticeable drop in quality.
    I will definitively come back to george, but I think for now I'll just draw the rest of the characters to get some more practice.

LiterallyNatalie likes this.
    • LiterallyNatalie

LiterallyNatalie Master Chief

It's ok! It doesn't really bother me at all :D

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

amgamgamgamgamgamg That Robin,Emily,and Carloine...

ovhneoievhnj -faces hits keybored as he passes out from nosebleed-

• Costa

Costa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:rainbowbarf::rainbowbarf::rainbowbarf::rainbowbarf::rainbowbarf::rainbowbarf::rainbowbarf::rainbowbarf::rainbowbarf:

• LumpySpace

Hallo Everyone! I have returned with some new pictures and I also cleaned up some of the others. I have to say, Linus and Willy are the worst ones yet. If anyone has some solid tips on how to fix them, it would be appreciated ^^
            On the plus side, Kent came out surprisingly hot! Here are the full pics:

Attached Files:

Costa and Superior_s like this.
            • Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hm, I think what would help Linus out a bit is if you shortened up his beard a little and raised his shoulders up. Right now he kinda just looks like a head sticking out of a pile of leaves. Lol, as for Willy I think he looks pretty good, maybe just some touch-ups to the beard but the rest looks great. Sorry for not being more specific, I'm not really an expert when it comes to art.

Kent looks fantastic by the way! :D

LumpySpace likes this.
              • LumpySpace

Hmm, I am not so sure about the beard. It is pretty long in the original, so I think I would like to keep the length. You are probably right about the leaf outfit and shoulders. i dont know, I just had a hard time imagining how his leaf costume would actually work. trying to fix it now!
                Edit: ow that I am working on it again you were totally right about the beard. I shortened it and it makes the whole face much more proportionate.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
                • Valkjosandi

Hehe, well I'm glad I could help in some way, if you wanted to still keep it a thick beard you could probably increase the bushiness, like have it a tiny bit more out to the sides?

LumpySpace likes this.
                  • LumpySpace

Thanks again for your help! I created a new version of Linus which I like much better now. I got rid of his leave dress from the original portrait and just gave him a shabby yellow shirt. I think this works just as well with the original sprite (see picture for comparison) which kind of looks like a yellow dress and you can't really tell the texture.
                    I just left the beard as it is for now. I am glad that I created what I got, so I don't want to mess with the finished product too much ^^

Attached Files:

Costa likes this.
                    • Valkjosandi

It looks great! Definitely a lot better than before, I like what you did with his outfit as well, I think it's a lot more fitting with that Caveman look he has goin' on.

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I think Demetrius looks a little young everybody else looks great though. You may message toon and let them know your doing this so they could possibly add you to the main post of that thread like they did with bunnerz just a suggestion so more people can find this.

• LumpySpace

I already massaged him since this is based on his work. So, Demetrius. To be honest I quite like his anime portrait. I'll have another look and see what I can do ^^
                          In the meantime have some kawaii Clint. I think he came out really adorable but it is not very representative of him. So if you have tips on how to improve him, let me hear them!

Attached Files:

Superior_s likes this.
                          • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

He seems fine for the most part, there's something off about it, the only thing I could think of is his face should be possibly chubbier I guess.
                            Side note: The issues people were having with George may be resolved if you made the (sun spots/liver spots?) Idk what they're called the dots on top of his head slightly bigger maybe not all of the and probably not much larger just enough to were they are more pronounced. It wasn't until I saw him the second or third time that I noticed they were there.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
                              LumpySpace likes this.
                            • LumpySpace

Yeah you are right. I thought I made it round enough but looking at it again, especially on the right side there are hard edges. Also, It may help to make the straps of his overall wider, maybe?

Superior_s likes this.
                              • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Yes to both of these and possibly make his left cheek (more round/puff out?) I've always thought his face looked chubby but that may just be me. Also George, yea nah? Did it make sense? Lol sorry. I'm tired.

• Alina_Mau

Alina_Mau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would it be possible to make a version of pam that's a little prettier? She's a great "aged mom" sprite but I've yet to see a version (by anyone) that really looks like she's Pennys mom :eek:

Just an idea for a secondary version of her :3
                                  Thank you SO much for making these by the way, it really fills out the town to have the styles more cohesive <3

• LumpySpace

Alright! I changed him only slightly, but I think Clint looks so much better now.
                                    That is actually a good idea! I think I'll make alternative portraits for requested villagers when I am finished with the rest of the portraits. I want to port all of the villagers first, so that we can have a game with a cohesive(ish) anime style.

Edit: have some Lewis, giving old hot guy realness (it's because he looks kinda French now. oh, well). Still counting 11 guys to go o_O
                                    Edit2: next up Gus, who is serving you some mustache realness
                                    Edit3: And here we have the wizard!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
                                      Costa likes this.
                                    • LumpySpace

I have returned with a new version with 4 more portraits!

• Shadow123367

Shadow123367 Void-Bound Voyager

Nice! Who's left? Morris, Qi, Bodyguard, Grandpa, Gil, Marlon, Dwarf, Krobus... Anyone else? Oh, also Governer

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I don't know if its me or not but Pierre's eye on the right side looks a little odd. Also Gunther has a long neck besides that all looks good. Possibly another version of Linus with his leaf suit? Clint looks a lot better now btw.

Costa likes this.