1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Wineskin wrapper for Mac

Discussion in 'Support' started by DandoCalrissian, Mar 8, 2016.

1. quirkybeauty

quirkybeauty Intergalactic Tourist

Hey um it's been sayin wineskin busy for like 30 minutes how long does it take to load? thanks!

• quirkybeauty

quirkybeauty Intergalactic Tourist

Did it take forever to load because I encountered the same thing with msxml3 and it has been loading for like 30 minutes

• annia316

annia316 Void-Bound Voyager

Couldn't install the dotnet20sp2 either and I forgot the msxml3 .. Game worked for a while like a charm.
        Now I got troubles with savegames :(

• Hippe0

Hippe0 Space Hobo

Hi there. I just made this account to tell you, that i've encountered the same problem as Isaia.
          I also get the error that Stardew Valley has encountered a serious problem whenever I'm about to reach level 120 of the mine. Just there. Worked perfectly fine before, so thank you very much for the wrapper. But if someone could help us out with the problem, that would be great. Have a nice day.

• Eunami

Eunami Void-Bound Voyager

Hello

I can't install xna40 and dotnet40. I tried to install msxml3 first but it wont work.
            Replies are greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

• DonGori

DonGori Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you so much for this. It works great. But I was wondering if it is possible to install mods? Especially the easy fishing mod. I'm finding the fishing impossible as it is now. Thanks again :)

• duke123175

duke123175 Space Hobo

i guess I'm a little slow, but after I type steamsetup.exe into Wineskin, how do I start the game?

• csnaught

csnaught Intergalactic Tourist

Can anyone please point me to those instructions? I can't find the msxml3 folder to drop the download into.

• jjn2003

jjn2003 Space Hobo

Hey, I did the wrapper thing, and now it's asking me to accept all these things?? Is that normal?
                    It's still working I guess, i'm just asking.

• LeonBlade

LeonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

Accepting what things...? You need to go through the installers in winetricks, yes.

If you need to install msxml3 manually, just download the EXE and in the Wineskin application for the wrapper click on Install Software and chose the EXE that you downloaded.

Once you've selected the main executable for the Wineskin wrapper, you can just run the wrapper like any other application from the main application folder. You can also run it from the Wineskin wrapper by clicking Test Run.

There isn't any information here for anyone to help you. Try getting the logs from Wineskin, use Test Run from within the Wineskin app in the wrapper and recreate the error, after it crashes Wineskin will ask to view the files, one of the files will likely have a stack trace from the crash.

Wineskin will continue to say its busy while you are in different settings, if you are done installing Winetricks or other tasks, you can ignore the busy thing. If it lets you interact with other parts of the application, it's not busy in the sense you are thinking.

• Ainey33

Ainey33 Orbital Explorer

Hi! This is the best tutorial for playing SDV in Mac :) Could you please also look into using a PS4 controller? :D

• duke123175

duke123175 Space Hobo

• duke123175

duke123175 Space Hobo

thanks for answering my question about how to start the game, but when I run the test, it just said it ran it, and if I would like to see the logs. other than that, it won't start.

• alacazain

alacazain Void-Bound Voyager

I played 100 hours with this wrapper, now suddenly a patch came and my save game of 100 hours is gone :O.... Other people don't seem to have lost their save games, i haven't touched the files or modded anything. So I'm very curious what can have happened. Please someone try to help. Where can i find the save games files?

• Ainey33

Ainey33 Orbital Explorer

Can this also work for a PS3 Controller? :)

• alexanderroan

alexanderroan Lucky Number 13

Just want to thank you all for this; I stumbled on it from google. I followed the instructions and no issues so far (2014 Macbook Pro) IMG_20160321_214234330.jpg

LeonBlade likes this.
                                  • LeonBlade

I meant for you to post the log from the test run, sorry if that wasn't clear.

There is a section on the main post that explains how to get controllers to work, once you've done that, you can set up x-360ce to work with a PS4 controller.

I used "Thrustmaster Dual Analog" in the bottom then clicked load, you have to change a few settings around, but then it works just fine, but the right analog still messes with the L2 and R2 axis, my solution was to just rebind L1 and R1 to swap tools. This makes L1 and L2 both do the same thing, same with R1 and R2, but since L1 and R1 aren't used normally anyway, this isn't a problem.

I've uploaded my ini file for x-360ce with my Dualshock 4 configuration in place, you can just try to do all the steps required for getting controllers to work and running x-360ce as detailed in the first post, and then just copy this file in the Stardew Valley game folder and it should work just fine I believe.

Here is the INI file: https://mega.nz/#!3NcXQCaS!0tVDpWZiPCb135xQVDS3Y9LY_SrgNvamB8T6ZjjOQZ8

The save files are located in "Stardew Valley.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Wineskin/Application Data/StardewValley/Saves"

• bunnyxd2

bunnyxd2 Space Hobo

Sorry if this is bothersome. And I don't know if anyone can help me. So I already did all of the "Prepare your wrapper" steps and I got through that okay so I know that's not the issue. But I'm having trouble with the second step under "To Install using Steam". I got to the Choose Setup Executable screen I guess you could call it but when I hit that button there's not really a downloadable copy I can click. I have two files though. One that says Stardew Valley v1.3.zip that's a little white page with a zipper on it. And then I have another one that just says Stardew Valley on it with an image of a little chicken. But I can't select either one once I get to the Choose Executable screen. If anyone could help that'd be great. :)

• LeonBlade

I don't understand what you're saying. You download the Steam file linked in the thread and then you click the "Choose Setup Executable" and find the file you downloaded and chose it to run.

• bunnyxd2

bunnyxd2 Space Hobo

Are you talking about the very first step where it says "Download the wrapper here"? Because I did that.