Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namelessgrace

namelessgrace Void-Bound Voyager

I've tried both of your suggestions and still nadda. I used the Tab method on the last entry pictured below. Thanks for the heads up about the Season files. I have one question though, when you are trying to extract the entire Content file, do you have to have a file for it to dump into ready? I've tried both ways, and neither worked.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(Please excuse the couple instances where I made typos into the Command Prompt.)

EDIT: I made a thread in the Stardew Modding Subreddit, and there was a very helpful person over there. However, I'm still having trouble. If you can figure out what is up with either what I'm doing or my system, I would be much obliged.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    • Kirbyarm

Kirbyarm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Try using proper capitalization for the folders and files in the path. There are Shane.xnb files but not shane.xnb files.

• namelessgrace

namelessgrace Void-Bound Voyager

I did after suggestions from Koihime and cantorsdust to use proper capitalization. Here is a link to an imgur album of all the Command Prompts I've been trying and if you go to the Reddit thread I posted in my last post, you'll see what I've attempted at that user's suggestion. So far, I made sure to correct that stupid error on my part of not having the app folder in the same directory as the XNB_Node. Then I got the error that "The system cannot execute the specified program." I tried giving XNB_Node more permissions and adding it to my allowed programs for the Firewall program. I tried turning my Firewall and Anti-Virus programs off when that failed. I tried re-downloading the .zip file which contains XNB_Node to make sure that didn't lose anything. I've also switched between using quotations and not using quotations because various guides seem to flip-flop on that issue. I tried moving the file I want to extract to a separate folder on my desktop with XNB_Node and the app folder as the Reddit user's suggestions. Everything has failed so far.

• Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

Try the same for node.exe in the app folder... (the rightclick -> properties -> unblock part)

• jedikitty

jedikitty Aquatic Astronaut

I want to edit my farmer.xnb file (I've read that you can add blush to your characters face this way), but I can't get xnb node to work !

This is what my command prompt opens up with, which is different than usual examples I've seen -
            C:\Users\User>

My path to the Stardew Valley folder seems to be the following -
            Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley
            I've seen others use "Steamapps", but mine is lowercase..

In the Stardew Valley folder I have the "app" folder and the "xnb_node.cmd" file.

Could anyone do me a huge favor and tell me exactly what to type in to extract the farmer's sprite sheet ? :( I've tried so many things, and nothing works. I just get "the system cannot find the file specified". I very much appreciate any help with this ! I feel like I'm probably missing something huge and I'll be highly embarrassed, haha.

• Pinkishu

Copy it to a simpler path, worked fine for me :p mostly cause of whitespace crap in path

• jedikitty

It being.. the xnb node files, game files, both ? I'm sorry, but it's totally reached a "explain it like I'm 5" level. :(

• Pinkishu

The game files, or copy xnb node into the game folder so you dont need nay spacing :p

• Pianobeats

Pianobeats Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, so I'm starting with XNB modding first just to see how it works. So for Content/Data/FarmAnimals.xnb does anyone know what the numbers mean? I couldn't find anything about it.

• jedikitty

Ok.. I copied the folder to my desktop and even renamed it "dew" to get rid of that spacing. Typing it in like the guide says, but still not working..

[​IMG]

And this is what my folder has in it.

[​IMG]

• ramza

ramza Space Hobo

Is there a reason that when using STORM or SMAPI I can't make the window smaller? For example, without mods I can "snap" it to the right side of my screen and see everything in the window including the Energy bar. With the mods, I can't even see the edge of the UI in the top right.

the good but non modded window
                        no mods.png
                        the bad but modded window
                        WITH MODS.png

• Pinkishu

I'd claim the desktop itself is problematic :p Would have just use some low folder on some drive haha, but no clue :p Try .\xnb_node.cmd extract .\Content\Characters\farmer.xnb .\farmer.yaml

• ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

Cow example: 1/5/184/186/cow/36/64/64/64/36/64/64/64/1/false/Barn/32/32/32/32/15/5/Milk Pail/639/1500

1 Days between harvests/produce from animals
                            5 Days until mature
                            184 Default produce
                            186 Produce when happy ("deluxe")
                            cow Sound name, or "none"
                            36 Front/Back bounding box - X
                            64 - Y
                            64 - Width
                            64 - Height
                            36 Sideways bounding box - X
                            64 - Y
                            64 - Width
                            64 - Height
                            1 Harvest type, 0 = Automatic (like chickens), 1 = Triggered by tool, 2 = Sets name to It? (seen only on Hog)
                            false Change texture when ready to harvest
                            Barn Building type
                            32 Front/Back source rect - Width (also sprite width)
                            32 - Height (also sprite height)
                            32 Sideways source rect - Width
                            32 - Height
                            15 Daily fullness drain
                            5 Daily happiness drain
                            Milk Pail Tool for harvesting, if type = 1, but must always be present
                            639 Meat index (not used)
                            1500 Purchase price

Credit to Chloride Cull

• jedikitty

Moved it so that it's C:\users\user\dew and it still won't work. Tried the original line from the guide, and yours.

Fortunately, someone really nice is doing the same mod I want to do and is willing to send me the file when they're done, but.. would be nice to figure this out so I can do my own little edits here and there.

• Pinkishu

Why do you keep insisting on putting it in some special directory D: Oh well :p

• jedikitty

I kept moving it because you kept telling me to, and without giving me any specific examples I didn't know what it was you were wanting me to do.

But I think a new post made today is going to help me a lot, I already see one step I was missing.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
                                  • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Aaahhh this is great! Do we know the deal for Blueprints, too? I'd like to add in new buildings. I can guess some of it..

Example: Deluxe Barn: "388 550 390 300/7/4/1/3/4/3/Barn3/Houses 12 barn-dwelling animals. Comes with an auto-feed system. Unlocks sheep and pigs./Upgrades/Big Barn/96/96/12/null/Farm/25000"

388 - ???
                                    550 - ???
                                    390 - ???
                                    300 - ???
                                    7 - ???
                                    4 - ???
                                    1 - ???
                                    3 - ???
                                    4 - ???
                                    3 - ???
                                    Barn3 - Graphics file
                                    Text - Description
                                    Big Barn - What it upgrades from
                                    96 - ???
                                    96 - ???
                                    12 - Number of animals
                                    null - ???
                                    Farm - Where it's built
                                    25000 - Cost

• Cursedmarkone

Cursedmarkone Poptop Tamer

can someone tell me where the xnb file for the rocks in the mines are?

• cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Could they just be the rocks in \Maps\springobjects.xnb ? Those are honestly the only rocks I could find other than the small rocks in paths.xnb...

Edit: Actually, Considering the number of objects in there completely unrelated to spring, and the frozen rocks on the bottom, I think that's what you're looking for.

[​IMG]

Stumbled upon what you were interested in the pokemon thread as well. You can find the Rock Crab rock at the top of the springobjects.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
                                        • Pinkishu

Uses the texture of the name of the building, so not from that array :p

388 - item #388 (Wood)
                                          550 - 550 of this item
                                          390 - Item #390 (Stone)
                                          300 - 300 of this item
                                          7 - width in tiles
                                          4 - height in tiles
                                          1 - X offset (from position of the building?) to the human door
                                          3 - Y offset, same as above
                                          4 - X offset, but for the animal door
                                          3 - Y offset, animal door
                                          Barn3 - Mapname to warp to
                                          Text - Description
                                          Upgrades - Blueprint type (seems to either be Upgrades or Animals)
                                          Big Barn - What it upgrades from
                                          96 - width of rectangle for menu view (probably just how much of the texture is shown in the catalogue you see when you choose what to build)
                                          96 - height of rectangle for menu view
                                          12 - Number of animals
                                          null - actionBehaviour (doesnt ever seem to be used anywhere in the code)
                                          Farm - Where it's built (list separated by spaces, likely will always just be Farm though?)
                                          25000 - Cost

If the list starts with the exact string "animal" as the first thing before the first /, so not the numbers like here it seems to be a different type though:
                                          Cost
                                          Rectangle for menu view width
                                          Rectangle for menu view height
                                          description

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.