WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xervantes

Xervantes Space Hobo

This mod makes Harvey so much cuter, I can't wait to marry him! <3

This is fantastic, keep it up, I'd love to see more!

• Eirrinn

Eirrinn Subatomic Cosmonaut

IM SO GLAD THIS IS A THING
      Please keep doing more!

• ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh darn.. I need to pay more attention... I missed they had tails in the sprites, probably due to size of sprites here and the fact I havent installed the mod yet.
        (messing around with getting the environment looking right first)

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

---------------------------
          Warning
          No archives found
          OK

This is the error I get. Do I have to purchase WinRAR to unzip the files?

• Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

No you don't have to purchase, you can get the trial version.

• Inkweaver22

Really? I'll check it out.

• Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

woah when did this pop up O: i missed it completely xD
                Very good work here O:

• Mistpony

Mistpony Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I not see Leah in file download.

• Kozomomo

Kozomomo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Go to first page, and download "Bachelors +Penny, Haley and Leah" file. I just checked, Leah is in the pack :3

Gaveliere likes this.
                    • endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While the idea to add more variety to the characters in the game by making them all different animals is a fun one, I like the idea of making families the same species more. There would still be variety. For example, Maru is a rabbit so she either takes after Robin or Demetrius. But since Sebastian is her half brother and most definitively takes after his mom, Robin would be a... wolf? I think Sebastian is a wolf anyway. Which means Demetrius would be a rabbit too. Sure, there would be a lot of the same animals sometimes as, for example, Vincent, Sam, Jody and Kent are all related. However, there could still be diversity there too as it has already been established that two different species can produce offspring (see Maru and Sebastian). So while Vincent is Sam's brother, Vincent could take after his panda mom, for example, instead of his tiger dad. So while Sam is a tiger like Kent, Vincent can be a panda like Jodi. And so on with other families.

Which could also make things more complicated. Since Maru, for example, has a rabbit and a wolf for her parents, and the rabbit was more dominate in that paring, Maru could still have a recessive wolf gene. Which means that should she reproduce with a fox, for example, her child would either be a rabbit or a fox but there is a small chance it could get the recessive gene from her, making her child a wolf like Maru's mother. Or her child could get the recessive gene from her partner, if they are also a half breed, making her kid take after her partner's parent instead. And in this way, having all 41 villagers be different animals would be totally feasible as there was a lot of crossbreeding going on in everyone's family tree.

So either way works. But I really like the idea of there being multiples of the same animal. They don't even have to look a like. Not all rabbits are brown and not all tigers are orange and black. Tigers can also be white, for instance.

• Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

WIP abigail
                        Abigail WIP.png

The wings on her character sprites are going to kill me probably.

Thanks again for your support guys!
                        Also, someone apparently made fanart of this mod and I am extremely extremely happy about that. like wow.
                        Thank you so much.

That definitely sounds like a good compromise! Even while looking at the poll I still can't make a concrete decision. Thank you for your insight.

Yeah winrar is free. Although these are ZIP files even right click > open with > windows explorer should work. If that still doesn't work try 7zip or redownloading the files.

Sorry about that yeah they're under Bachelors +Penny, Haley and Leah" file.
                        Once I have time I'll put up separate download links for each character. Thank you!.

• Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Omg, dragon Abigail is so nice [​IMG]

sirentu likes this.
                          • TundraPudding

TundraPudding Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love to see more exotic animal variant for the other non-romanceable NPC's. For example Willy could make for a nice walrus, sea elephant or other seal species. While Linus makes for a perfect pangolin. I could even see George and Evelyn as an old caecilian pair.:whoop:

• Kozomomo

Kozomomo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh wow! Dragon Abi looks so amazing <3! Also cool fanart :D

• endermaryn

You're welcome. Forgot to mention that the recessive traits would work much as recessive eye and hair color does where the colors sometimes skip generations.

If there are going to be fantasy creatures like dragons, can there also be ones like unicorns?

• Inkweaver22

Thanks! I got it to work! However, when Alex is working out in his room, the portrait doesn't seem to work and it shows his default.

• Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

Yeah that's definitely a possibility. I can go less "safe" with the other NPCs

Dragon abby is aapparently a thing because she eats rocks or something haha.
                                    I suppose! Dunno which NPC would suit being a unicorn though.

Yeah that's how it is with the default portraits too. Alex only uses the shirtless portrait when his dialogue says "whoops don't have my shirt on" or something something I forgot the exact text.

• bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, so I think I'm crazy for trying to do this (especially since I basically have zero experience spriting), but I've decided to try and make a wolf version of the male player character. I'm using Sebastian's sprites as a basis and have done about six things on the sheet so far. I would like an opinion of how it looks before I continue, and also I would like to know if anyone has an idea of how to do the ones that are supposed to be smiling or showing a mouth. farmerBaseWolfWIPBeginning.png

I plan on doing the ears as part of the hair, but am not so sure about it at this point simply do to the fact that the colors get altered for the hair

Gaveliere and gundumzaboy like this.
                                      • endermaryn

Oh that's right! I forgot about her strange gem diet. And her being a dragon could mean one of her parents is one too. I withdraw my fantasy animal question then. Unless Abby's other parent is a mystical animal, like a unicorn, and able to live a long time like dragons. Otherwise having random mystical animals wandering around may feel weird. :D

Keep up the great work!

• Drago_N

Drago_N Poptop Tamer

Dragon Abigail cool! >,=,<

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.