1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Problems w/ Spouse running around farm

Discussion in 'Support' started by Candied Citrus, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Candied Citrus

Candied Citrus Void-Bound Voyager

So my game just updated this evening, and at first I thought it was really cool that your spouse now moves around the farm during the day.

But then I started to encounter some problems with that. So, when my spouse runs around (I don't know if it matters whom you've married, but my character married Maru), they just bowl through walls and other objects (such as my iridium sprinkler), and break them. I'm really worried about that also happening with my trellis plants, so I've stopped playing for just now.

This resulted in said iridium sprinkler disappearing, but also the fence around my barn being broken and my cows escaping.

Also, Maru was walking through my fields on a Tuesday morning, when she suddenly disappeared (I assume because she was meant to be at the clinic).

She also managed to get stuck on the cliff behind the shrine of your grandfather.

Also related to the new update I assume, the name of one of my chickens changed (though, when I go into the save file, it doesn't say that it has?). They were originally called "Frisk", but when I checked whilst playing, it said they were "Frisks".

orb_outrider and Ravenholme like this.
    • pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

About the chicken name, it's because the UI can act up when you press other buttons at the status screen and lets you rename them sometimes. You must've pressed S when it happened. It's annoying that it's hard to reproduce the bug.

I've had Caboo the rabbit and Lilia the duck renamed as Caboosssss and Liliaaaaa...

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

Oh lord I thought I was the only one! I didnt realize there was an update and I opened a thread for my husband destroying my farm lol
        Is there anything we can do about this? Seb is going insane and my poor farm is suffering his marathon runner's wrath!

• Candied Citrus

Ahhh... I see. And that's probably why it doesn't appear changed in the save file data, either (because I didn't play that day to completion). That is rather annoying.

Might it be fixed, in that case, by loading up your save file data in Notepad and using Ctrl+F to find the names of your animals and editing them?

Yeah, when it was happening to me, I looked to see if anyone else was having the problem, and decided to make a thread as I figured other people might encounter it.

I have no idea if there is anything we can do... :/ Other than wait for a resolution to the problem coming about, I guess. Or, in the meantime, starting a new character, as then you won't have to worry about being married to anyone who can wreck your farm. :p

• Eond

Eond Space Hobo

Probably related to the update, but my Spouse has gone missing. Can't seem to find Leah anywhere on the farm or in the house. I've looked where she would've been is we weren't married and didn't find her either. It was on Pam's birthday, tuesday 18 of Spring year 3. I also have a newborn child (about a couple days old). Will wait until next update before picking up the game again. T.T

• orb_outrider

orb_outrider Big Damn Hero

Mine too. I lost a row of kegs and some sprinklers from Penny running around. Also, is it normal that spouses like walk twice the usual speed now?
              [​IMG]

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Its alright my firend I know your pain...Penny did the same thing to me T.T Now I'm stuck with out a wife...

• pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

Never thought of doing that, thank you!

Edit: Just found about this! So it wasn't a bug, haha.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
                  • Candied Citrus

I found that happened to me, too. Your spouse can get stuck up on the cliff certainly at the top of the farm (certainly I saw Maru stuck there and she wouldn't/couldn't move), so I get the feeling that's what happens when they disappear...?

You're very welcome! I hope it works for you! :)

• aerinha

aerinha Space Hobo

I just started having this problem after the update yesterday. Harvey runs very fast, lurks in weird corners of the house, and when I go outside he appears stuck in the cliff behind the greenhouse or above Grandpa's Shrine.