Tool Chicklet V2.1.4 - Save editor & Map editor

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stefanhaan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When you press ok, you don't get to see the download screen?

• Sevtai

Sevtai Void-Bound Voyager

For a little while, then a Chicklet closes, a terminal window opens that says "Waiting 1 second - Press any key" and it all closes.

If you catch the terminal window, nothing happens anyway.

When you restart Chicklet it still 1.7 and the update prompt appears again.

• stefanhaan

Thats weird...

the terminal window counts for 3 seconds, then it renames the downloaded update.asar to app.asar and restarts chicklet.
        If you open up the resources folder is there a update.asar?

• Sevtai

Yes there is, and it's last modified Date is today's and now. Chicklet still opens as 1.7 though.

• stefanhaan

If you delete the old app.asar and rename update.asar to app.asar, then it should work.

Still it's really weird that the shell file is not working...
            What happens if you run the shell file manually in the asar.unpacked folder in resources?

Does it then rename update.asar to app.asar?

• Sevtai

Manual rename works, 1.8.8 is up and running now!

Running the shell file manually didn't do anything either. I don't suppose it matters where the entire Chicklet folder is kept?

Mine is at - C:\GOG Games\Stardew Valley\Chicklet-win32-x64

• stefanhaan

I think that might be one of the issue's... I'll look into it again. If it doesn't even work manually then something is wrong.

The shell file executes a few basic things, it gets the current directory. It removes resources/app.asar, renames resources/update.asar to app.asar, en then it runs Chicklet.exe. But apparently
                somthing is not making it work for you.

May I ask what version of Windows you're running?

• Sevtai

Windows 10 - 64bit.

Running the shell as admin didn't help, and now I've run it a couple more times i'm spotting an error that appears -just- before the window closes. It is incredibly hard to see that quick, but it looked a bit like "The system cannot find the file something something"

• stefanhaan

That's odd though.. The file always uses the path to the shell to work from, so no matter where you placed it on your hard drive it should be able to find it.

The file not found error is normal if update.asar is not in the /resources/ directory anymore.

• stefanhaan

However, what I can imagine... is that you put it in a location where the batch file is not allowed to rename / delete files. For instance on certain places from the C drive.
                      Then it makes sense that the shell always fails...

• BlitzGregor

BlitzGregor Void-Bound Voyager

ok deleting the old app.asar and renaming update.asar to app.asar woked

it would be nice if there was a way to change the quality of crop items
                        (change 'parsnip' to be silver or gold star)

• stefanhaan

You can!

Simple left click the parsnip to toggle it's quality.

• KimberlyMarno

KimberlyMarno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Best editor around! I loved it! Thanks and keep the good work!

• toniwenwen

toniwenwen Void-Bound Voyager

I like this editor, could you upload the 1.8.8 version,the downloading update thing isn't working

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Thanks for a painless mushroom cave - sure I got mass cheese by now but extra life pots for free is always nice.

There was something wonky about the auto update for me too but closing everything after the update and letting it sit a few hours did the trick.

OMG the wallpaper works..... <3 I never wanted to go to sleep in game so bad.

• ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide Void-Bound Voyager

Running windows 10 64x as well and have the same issue of the updater just closing down when trying to update, happened when I tried to update to 1.7 and now happening when trying to update to 1.8.8. I run chicklet, get the screen saying there is an update, press the ok button which makes cmd open up doing the countdown thing and then it just closes, re-opening chicklet brings up showing there is an update still and that I am still running 1.7. Don't get any errors or anything of the sort though.

Location where chicklet is located at is read/write accessible by the batch file, so it's something else that is causing this.

Going into the resource folder for chicklet brings up 1 folder and 3 .asar files and 2 log files

the folder is called - app.asar.unpacked which just has an settings json txt file and an update batch file
                                  the 3 .asar files are as followed - app.asar, atom.asar, and update.asar
                                  and then the 2 log files are just - info and error which both are completely blank.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
                                  • stefanhaan

Problem is I don't have the issue on my laptop, so in order to fix it. I would need someone who has the issue to help me a bit.

If you're interested send me a DM, maybe we can figure out something when I'm back from work :D

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Were you planning on adding skill profession choice? A prime example would be fishing at 5 and 10 where you can choose to sell fish for more is great early on but marginal once 2nd year rolls around as even 10k is chump change.

• ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide Void-Bound Voyager

Alright I'll shoot you a message and downgrade chicklet to an earlier version for the time being since I did the same thing someone above did with the renaming stuff to get it to show it updated for the time being. Hopefully can get this figured out.

• stefanhaan

Yes that will definitely be coming!