RELEASED Configurable Improved Sprinklers + Scarecrow and Sprinklers area Highlights

This mod allow you to make your sprinklers water in whatever shape you want, and add area highlights

1. OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

I am working on this, it is coming out better than expected.

1) I actually managed to make sprinklers crafting cost, and their monetary value change as needed.

2) I figured how to make a really cool editing screen in-game, no need to hack text files =D

I think I can release this on Sunday probably.

EDIT: need suggestions for what key to use to open the menu by default, right now I am using "K", for no reason in particular.

• Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

Woot :D
      Do you think you could make the key rebindable?

• OrSpeeder

Yes, but I need a "default" key too, I mean, how you will rebind it the first time?

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
        • ADoby

ADoby Subatomic Cosmonaut

Would be nice to see how you did that within Storm API.
          Don't forget that demmonic is currently rewriting the api for some reason.

• Genn Faol

Genn Faol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Technically you could make it part of the config file. That way people can rebind the key without needing to go ingame and call up the menu.

• OrSpeeder

I am doing it with SMAPI now. I won't touch Storm until the rewriting ends.

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
              • Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

This is true, but this is for convenience.
                another perspective would be that technically you could look something up in the encyclopedia, or you could bring up google and google it O:

I think K would be fine. Do you think you could bring up a tooltip or something that reminds the user that its K?

• Anderson Yagami

Anderson Yagami Void-Bound Voyager

hmmm interesting , but u guys are forgetting something cruticial/important/basic
                  from where the water come out ? :whaaat:
                  its like a magical sprinkler ? it suden pop water from nothing ? :X
                  What about making a mod as a tiny tube copper/iron/silver whatever ... tube comming from the pool in your farm ? (obviusly a cost for it) :nod:

• OrSpeeder

I considered all that... the problem is that SDV code don't make that much practical, for now I doubt this can be really done in any practical manner.

Anderson Yagami likes this.
                    • OrSpeeder

After some snags (sorry for that) I managed to work again, and soon I will actually finish it!

Here is a preview:

[​IMG]

For those wondering the colours meanings:

red is non-watered
                      green is watered
                      blue is the game watered tiles, you can't edit those.

Attached Files:

• OrSpeeder

Finished the coding! Now I need to cleanup my messes, take screenshots, write README, that stuff, soon I will upload it all :)

• OrSpeeder

And it is done! Whoa, that took some effort!

• ADoby

ADoby Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice work, linking to this one in my thread.

Maybe add the option to add custom sprinklers = like scarecrow as a sprinkler :p

• OrSpeeder

This actually already works :p

I just didn't added it to the GUI, but if someone copy and paste the configuration for a normal sprinkler, and change the number to be the spritesheet of a scarecrow, it becomes a scarecrow that sprinkles :)

I dunno what happen if you mess with the GUI config after doing this though... I never tested...

EDIT: forgot to say that after the update, the mod also should work in all those custom maps mod (the 1.0 version only worked on the farm itself, the new version works on the entire world, as long the location is in the location list).

• Don Leo

Don Leo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if it's this mod or something I did but after removing simplesprinklers and adding this mod, I now have 2 cursors. If I zoom in completely the second cursor disappears

edit: only in inventory or chest screens

• OrSpeeder

What version of the mod, and what version of SMAPI?

EDIT: you are using my chest label mod?

• Don Leo

Don Leo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just downloaded your mod so that one, and ... ah, it seems the SDVMM updated the smapi version automatically. to the latest. it's probably other mods that are breaking now SMAPI 0.39.5

On another note, your sprinklers work in the extended map mod by advize :3

• OrSpeeder

Good to know! I on purpose changed some code to make sure it would work with Advize's mod, great to know that it actually worked :) (I didn't tested... sorry...)

• tandpastatester

tandpastatester Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@OrSpeeder and you did it again. I love your mods, for some reason you just keep delivering things that add so much value to the game that I don't want to play without them anymore. And your efforts to keep the game balanced and challenging by adding mechanics makes it even better. Keep up the great work :)

• sweetangel20

sweetangel20 Starship Captain

Which version of SMAPI for this mod? I have 39.2 still