RELEASED Bigger Cave (Now with 2 floors and farmable!)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by KingJoey, Mar 12, 2016.

1. KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome and good to know! Does the elevator you put in work? Does it prompt the same message as in the mines? And is the water through in the mines tileset? You got a nice cave going on mate!

• Oyakodown

Oyakodown Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, the elevator is just for cosmetics, I just add a tile property to show a message "Busted" (lol) when activated. If you want to make it exactly like the mine (you know, transfer right into the dungeon floors) you can copy the elevator property in the mine, see if it warps you to dungeon floors.
      Also, I added a different tile sheet in the tIDE and picks the png file with the through in it. you can pretty much add every tile sheets from the SDV assets (I believe). :lickitung:

Superior_s likes this.
      • KingJoey

Yeah I thought you added another tileset, good to know it works cause I haven't played around with that yet.

• KingJoey

Nope, you'd need to have a all crops all seasons mod but that would make everything like the greenhouse :D

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Is there a way to do mod the cave to do that without affecting crops outside?

I don't like to cheat /that/ much.

• dk2020

dk2020 Space Penguin Leader

It will have to be done via storm/smapi and not via xnb if I'm not mistaken. the code checks for location is greenhouse or the season is correct to grow a seed.

As to the fishes in the pond in the cave, hmm. Looks like you will have to add it to the data/locations.xnb or via smapi/storm. Looks like fishing references locations.xnb for what is available to be fished and it cross references with fish.xnb for what season/weather/time.

I just need to wait for all my kegs in my old farmcave from another mod to finish brewing so i can take everything out to switch to this mod. good work kingjoey

KingJoey likes this.
              • Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

nice update, but still waiting for the "cellar" :nuruhype:

KingJoey likes this.
                • KingJoey

Let's see, you want a ladder in the house leading to a seperate 'cave' or cellar right? To plant stuff there or just for kegs and stuff? Ah the hell, I'll probably make it so you can do both, so you can do whatever you like to do there.

• Efa43

Efa43 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The new cave is amazing! I'm excited to have a brewing cave where I can also grow hops. Really neat work you're doing here. :up:

The only thing...there seem to be random parts of the 2nd floor cave that can't be tilled??

• themaddoctor

themaddoctor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ok so i have the bats in my cave, so with this mod id still be able to get the drops from them and have a place to store all my kegs and other items that work in the background? or am i trading one for the other?

• Efa43

Efa43 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your cave will still be the same! This will add a ladder in the corner that takes you down to another cave that is a big empty space.

themaddoctor likes this.
                        • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

To be honest, how about a second floor with bare floor as an option? Fishing is so location/seasonal/weather/time based I doubt you'll ever be able to reaally make use of that indoor pool outside of mimicking say floor 20 mines. Waiting on batch of wine to finish to dismantle all 262 kegs to see if I cannot get the effing mushroom cave to arrive.

https://i.gyazo.com/e6c51b339e62af81c54de9c0d7c89679.png

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
                          • themaddoctor

themaddoctor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sweetness, thank you

• dk2020

dk2020 Space Penguin Leader

changing the locations.xnb to add FarmCave works like a charm. I duplicated the entry for backwoods and all the backwoods fish can be fished from the 2nd floor lake. All the time and season applies that are in fish.xnb . Have to see if fruit trees will grow inside the cave instead of crops. Wouldn't mind an underground fruit orchard, less work than crops.

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Yes, but can you make it look like the design of the house? i mean the flooring and the wall, and no planting just for kegs and stuffs :) thanks!!

• FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

A covered wooden ladder at the side of your house (Near the Shipping Bin) would be nice. Heck you could try to make it one of robins house expansions/Farm buildings.

• treenewbee

treenewbee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do not know this is a bug or not . I had used the MOD in my new game archive . And now I am in autumn……and little Demetrius never come to my house to ask me which one I like , mushroom or bat.......

• BoffoBoy

This happened to me too, I think if you put anything into cave at all before he arrives, the game is prevented from spawning the event; neither of the cave events is worth overwriting a chest of tools that cannot be normally replaced for example.

I have not tested this at all but I dare say this would not have anything to do with the mod itself, I just do not see the need for anyone to use the regular cave for storage in a normal game since he is supposed to come rather early (@25k Gold earnings) and it's a meager little space to bother to exploit.

So yes, I fixed it and now have mushrooms in the top cave where they were bugged. What I did was remove everything from the cave though I only had one floor worth of kegs... no crops. I slept and quit out on save and then used Chicklet Character edit to pick mushroom_cave->save->blank cave->save->mushroom_cave->save and then loaded the game by it's normal launcher (not the STORM API)

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/chicklet-save-editor.109617/

Chicklet rocks - now with floor and wall paper support!!!!

If you are having issues still and have crops, I would revert to a version without the farm-able level then using Chicklet. Just save everything before messing with anything!

• BoffoBoy

Ok now that I've run the first level of the cave into kegland, how about this... have Clint (the dwarf is a bit too hard to get to) offer for 30k or so to install an elevator in cave and excavate yet another level just like the the one before it. I can literally fill up many many levels of caves worth of kegs, what with bigger farm mod tempting me and scythe to harvest a painless way to collect even MOAR berries.

I mean so much cash, can buy out 10 stacks of rock from Clint , hit skull and craft stairs down to skull 100 where the iridium flows like wine and get a few barns full of pigs for truffles to feed the lighting rod farm via rain totems - all for more iridium sprinklers!

• ravn1203

ravn1203 Void-Bound Voyager

the mod doesnt work for me the ladder in the cave never shows up can anyone help me?