RELEASED Less Depressing Marriage Dialogue

Discussion in 'Characters' started by azeala, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

Sam gives up his music? Well that's freaking depressing.

• BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

Why would they even need to give up these things? o_O That makes no sense. I'm glad this mod is out, even if I haven't gotten anywhere past the second day.

Davrial and MetaSieg like this.
      • keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

I agree. Why don't Farmer give up his farm and star making music or sculptures?

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ouch! Okay, that is not a very nice thing to say. If I had just gotten home from watering the crops, tending the animals and running all over the country side looking for plants, hearing this when I got home would have made me grumpy. Even if it was true and I was a complete slob. Why couldn't they have helped clean up? Who says this line? Could we have this one fixed too? And the worst part is that my character can not even talk back to defend himself. Oh, the joys of married life. :D

irene21000, Davrial and izzy82 like this.
          • Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

This minds me of a dialogue section from Jade Empire...

Sing
            : [referring to her husband's precious ox] "Do I have to slaughter that thing for you to show me some attention?"
            Merchant Hing: "No, dear."
            Sing
            : "Are you lying again?"
            Merchant Hing: "No, dear."
            Sing
            : "Are you listening to me?"
            Merchant Hing
            : "No, dear."
            [SLAP!]

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

HAHA! Oh, that dialogue is precious. Thank you for making me laugh!

• bararaqsigh

bararaqsigh Void-Bound Voyager

Would it be possible to replace the jealous dialogue as well? I don't know if it's just Abigail, but if I give a gift to any of the bachelors/bachelorettes after marrying her, she mentions something about me giving a gift to them in secret/behind her back. Which is weirdly petty for her personality, considering you give gifts to EVERYONE, and I usually only talk to the bachelor(ette)s on their birthdays anyway!

KayokoSalsa and Kittenykat like this.
                • Candel0ro

Candel0ro Poptop Tamer

Weird, Alex doesn't say anything depressing like that lol- he just says stuff like "I love living on a farm" and "Don't ever let me get lazy, I wanna look good for you"

Still it would be nice to have a mod that lets your spouse go into town an walk around the farm lol

Relenanator and Vixxi like this.
                  • Preacher

Preacher Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah. The game is nice, no question, but some things are REALLY weird. I mean, why would your wife / husband just sit in the house 24/7 except for 1 time going out on the farm, complain about not going in the city, WHICH IS LIKE 100 METERS AWAY. Why cant they have a nice day to day cycle like they used to, meeting their old friends, doing some hobbies, whatever? ... Also no updates from the dev since 2 weeks. I guess he went to vacation with his millions from the sales:eek:

Davrial likes this.
                    • WirlWind

WirlWind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You mean the game dev? No clue what you're talking about, I've had a few updates download through steam over the past week... Do you have steam auto-updating turned on? Maybe it downloads while you're sleeping and you never notice?

• Preacher

Preacher Phantasmal Quasar

What? The game is still 1.05 and there has been not a single update on his twitter or on Steam forum / front page either since the 1.05 update that was like 2 weeks ago.

• apotheoseGrifter

apotheoseGrifter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What are you talking about? I'm looking at his tweets right now; his last one was literally a minute ago. He's helping a bunch of people with questions and problems, mentioning what he's working on right now (which is unique post-marriage dialogue, in fact), and all around being more active than any developer I've ever seen or heard of. I'd actually almost prefer it if he wasn't being so obviously active, since every tweet and post is time spent not working on an update and he really shouldn't feel obligated to reply directly to questions that reddit would be ready and willing to answer.

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

I tried this and my game crashes. What am I doing wrong? I just replace the original Marriage Dialogue file with this new one right? This is my first time moding something so do I need a special file or software?

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Oh good, cause he was my next choice after Sebastian, which was a no due to his smoking for me personally.
                              I know people may think it's shallow, but I think it's important to put effort into appearance when you're married or with someone.

endermaryn likes this.
                              • Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

Okay so, apparently 1.06 is released and it changes the marriage dialogues.

I assume the modded file will change too?
                                My question is......has anyone tried it? Is the new dialogue good?

Can we combine the new dialogues with this one?

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

The new dialogue with Sebastian is pretty good. He mentions going for a ride on his bike to get away, how his dreams for moving to the city weren't realistic as he's a loner, and how he looks forward to seeing Sam if the next day is an event. He still gets jealous when you give the other bachelors gifts though.

Trifoilum likes this.
                                  • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

I didn't see a problem with the original dialogue. Welcome to marriage people, say goodbye to your dreams. Still, it's a solid dialogue mod and I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for the first few years of a "happy marriage". Anyone else find it odd that none of the girls are doing anything exciting? Maru's career would be cut short, but she would be the most affected. Abigail stays inside anyway, all Penny does is read (still love her), Haley is a shallow bimbo and Leah eats plants. Did 1.06 really need to change much about them? I wonder because I haven't been married for too long at this point.

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

by the by, I'm a bit curious;

does the 1.06 patch overwrite this mod? I will assume it is, but I wonder if it's partial or...not.

• skilynn

skilynn Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, thank you. It made me sad whenever Sam stood by his guitar and said that he didn't have the drive to play it anymore. Your music was a big part of how we met and dated, Sam! Please, you can play your guitar in the house. It doesn't bother me.

fairyglitterbomb likes this.
                                        • _iridescent.lotus

_iridescent.lotus Aquatic Astronaut

Now if only there was a way to have your spouse do what they normally would.

I feel bad that now Penny doesn't sit by the graveyard or hang out with Maru on the bench.