Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

I don't reached the desert yet on my playthough... (I had, but I accidentally nuked that save while testing my mods!)

So I can't see the bug yet... if I reach the bug before someone fix it, I will see if I can help.

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't know for sure so I can't exclude it, but I don't think it's SMAPI. We've not really touched anything which could cause that AFAIK. I'm not far enough in my save to test it yet.

You don't happen to have a 4K monitor do you? That's a known issue with Stardew at the Bus Stop.

• spring_onions

spring_onions Master Chief

Yes except for the instant geode processing and grass growth.

I think it's SMAPI too. Either that or the cheat menu. Btw I only have infinite HP and x2 movespeed checked on the cheat menu.

• Erunestaron

Erunestaron Void-Bound Voyager

@kaetzer: FreezeInside is now TimeSpeed. There is a up-to-date Smapi version. Delete your FreezeInside and swap it with TimeSpeed or use CJB :)

Why i'm here: When i install the More-Music XNB from Music, smapi doesn'T seem to work. Is there a workaround for that?

• zeraxx

zeraxx Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm also using more music but can run smapi just fine.
            I mean, it's just music file, something else is causing your smapi not working.

• kaetzer

kaetzer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i have NO idea xD not as far i know, i have an ASUS VX239H, i looked it up and didn't find anything about 4k

i have found a workaround though (kind of...), i just warp out of the desert :D warp totems aren't cheap, but i do have the resources. plus: this way i can explore the desert caves longer without having to worry about getting home in time^^

already did, thanks, using CJB for TimeFreeze too now :)

• barbaraluv25

barbaraluv25 Poptop Tamer

I'm still seeing 37.2 version even though I downloaded 37.3 A?

• Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

Not sure if it is just me but when SMAPI is done intiating and SDV starts, the console screens a bunch of 4s as it runs. Assistance is appreciated with this Id: ten-T error. [​IMG]

• ClxS

Yeah I'm dumb and forgot to update the version information again :)
                    The only difference between 0.37.2 and 0.37.3 is the performance patch anyway so as long as it's running fast, then you've got the right one! ^_^

Hmm what mods do you have installed?

• Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

Actually found the mod that is causing this, social editor. Going to check that thread if there anyone else is exhibiting this symptom.

Edit: After re-updating the mod, it no longer scrolls the console. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
                      • ClxS

Not at all :) glad you solved it!

• Luree_P

Luree_P Space Spelunker

Hey guys I have a bit of a problem. I just got the game and loaded it up. I went to put mods on it and after I loaded it up with SMAPI_0.37.3A it runs fine every where but at the farm. I went to took all my mods off and run it with just the API and it still lags at the farm to the point you cant see your player move. So I tried and run it though Steam and it run great with no issues. I have tried running 37.3A, 37.2A, 37.1A with no mods and every one lags at the farm screen but every other screen runs great. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this, or tell me what I might be doing wrong. Thanks. If you need more info just tell me what you need and I'll do my best to send it to you.

• ClxS

Hi there,

Unfortunately there are still major performance issues with how it deals with checking objects, 0.37.3 only fixed some of it.

I suggest you try out storm mods for now. A new major api rework is in progress which won't have these issues, and 0.37 mods will still work after the change

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I'm thinking of re-writing my mod in SMAPI, or at least making a SMAPI version. Are you sure the API isn't yet capable of adding new locations? They said that about Storm but my mod is proof that it can be done.

My current source code (Link) and link to my mod (Link), please take a look and let me know if this is easily ported.

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

After reading your source, I think it CAN be done, I am not just sure how, since I never tried.

But this is because SDV load maps independently of each other, anything that require overwiring existing XNBs cannot easily be done yet.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Well I managed to add warp points to the farm without actually modifying Farm.xnb. The biggest issue is that (you may have noticed a commented out line of code) I wanted to preserve existing warp locations in Farm.xnb and simply add to them, but Storm wouldn't allow me to retrieve the current list of warp points successfully. I had to manually re-add them all with code in addition to my 2 new warp points. What's weird is that the now commented out code compiled just fine, but ran into an error at runtime.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Disregard what I said previously, I've managed to port my mod to SMAPI successfully.

• ClxS

Hey everyone!

So we're back at you with another version! We expect this to remain fully backwards compatible with 0.37.0 mods. This does not introduce any performance optimisations so you'll only need to update once mods upgrade to the new mod layout. What this means is that mods created for 0.38 will not be compatible with prior versions, but old mods should still work.

In other exciting news I'm happy to welcome the original creator, Zoryn, back to SMAPI! Zoryn is the one who provided this update.

Version 0.38.1
                                      - Introduces a new Manifest.json format for setting up mods. New mods should refer to TrainerMod for an example.
                                      - Added inbuilt support for mod configuration files. Note that this does not currently work with arrays but primitive data types should be fine.

Link: https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases/tag/0.38.1

Zoryn is currently in the process or updating her mods to support this latest version and demonstrate it's features. We'll let you know when it's done.

Sorry I've been slow to update SMAPI myself, I've been working on a private development branch which includes major changes (practically a rewrite) to the API which includes many features I'm sure modders will love. This brings me on to something people have asked about a bit: The lifetime of SMAPI. Unfortunately, Storm was not able to get into a position where I feel it's capable of replacing SMAPI for now. SMAPI will continue for sometime - and will likely become or be swallowed by something else similar to it in the future.

See'ya soon. Let us know if you encounter any bugs.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
                                        Zoryn4163, CJB and Glagroon like this.
                                      • CJB

CJB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welcome back Zoryn!!!! Really love your work!!! Hopefully we'll keep SMAPI alive as long as we need too. :)

Superior_s and Zoryn4163 like this.
                                        • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

So is SMAPI still going to be phased out eventually for Storm or is it going to be direct competition for it? Sorry if there has been something new that has addressed this, its just with inclusion of Zoryn, thought there was a possible change with that.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.