RELEASED [SMAPI] Harvest With Scythe 1.06

Harvest all crops and flowers with Scythe only

1. ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

[SMAPI] Harvest With Scythe - Harvest all crops and flowers with Scythe only

As it stands this will alter your currently planted crops FOREVER. When you sleep, the game will serialize the new Harvest Method crop property for all existing crops. If you remove the mod, none of the future crops you plant will be affected.. unless you add the mod again. So this does affect every crop and flower you currently have planted.

It also makes Hops season that little bit more bearable.. trellis crops with a Scythe :)

Requirements

SMAPI v0.39.2+
    Mod Files
    - http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/236/

How to install and run SMAPI Mods:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/stardew-modding-api-0-38-1.108375/

disclaimer: always back up your save file! :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
      ice2744, cera12sim, Gyumaou and 16 others like this.
    • flyinghusky

flyinghusky Void-Bound Voyager

OMG THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely fantastic!! Also thanks to KingJoey & dk2020!!! You guys are awesome!!! I'm extremely grateful to all of you!!!

ThatNorthernMonkey likes this.
      • firsonmage

firsonmage Big Damn Hero

You guys are god

• Qwynn

Qwynn Industrial Terraformer

This is exactly what I was looking for, huzzah!

Sadly I cannot use it yet, as I am still running SMAPI due to other QOL mods not moving to Storm yet. =<

KayokoSalsa likes this.
          • Genn Faol

Genn Faol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does harvesting with the scythe give you farming XP? Because harvesting plants manually does.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Genn, I would have to look into the code but I'm sure it does. I doubt CA would have neglected to give XP for harvesting things like Kale and Amarnath :)

• ThatNorthernMonkey

If you can provide me with a list of these mods (specifically, ones where no mention of a Storm port is in development - don't want to tread on any toes) then I could have a look at these.

• flyinghusky

flyinghusky Void-Bound Voyager

You can use this mod once and immediately go back to SMAPI. Use storm + this mod and sleep/save. All existing crops/flowers will be harvestable only by scythe even after you switch back to SMAPI. Future crops/flowers will have the normal harvest method though until you use this mod again.

• Genn Faol

Unless CA patched/changed it in the meantime, you did not use to get EXP for harvesting Kale and Amaranth, or anything else with the scythe. A lot of people were complaining about that.

• Shadow123367

Shadow123367 Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for Noob question, I don't know which part to put in the Mods Folder, Just the one that says HavrvestWithScythe, or do I need to put the 2 Folders and 2 Files in as well?

http://puu.sh/nLcmW/1b4a5cc988.png

• ThatNorthernMonkey

No need to download the source, look at the top right hand corner of this topic and there's a "Download Now" button. Follow the tutorial here if you're not sure what to do after: http://community.playstarbound.com/...w-to-install-and-use-storm-mod-loader.109778/ :)

I'll be playing about with the XP on this after completing the little mod I'm currently working on. No need to deprive people of XP for using a Scythe!

Kenma and Shadow123367 like this.
                        • kkaracho

kkaracho Void-Bound Voyager

neat, loving this mod already!

• Kenma

Kenma Void-Bound Voyager

Just did a quick test of this and it didn't let me harvest my wild spring crops such as Horseradish and Leek. Everything else harvested fine though, so I'm still loving it. :)

• Qwynn

Qwynn Industrial Terraformer

According to the authors they've looked into porting to Storm, but it either doesn't have the functionality they need or they can't get it to work, so it is what it is. I know I'm not the only user stuck in the crossroads right now between the two modding APIs. :rofl:

Either way, great work on this!

• Genn Faol

Sunflowers are supposed to give you seeds on harvest, I think. Using this mod, they do not.

• adari91

adari91 Void-Bound Voyager

oh my god, oh my god! I love you!! Seriously!!!
                                  I just back to check the request topic and found your post. Thank you so much T^T!
                                  So, It's still work even though I back to use SMAPI, right? :) perfect!

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Correct, just load the Storm mod every time you plant a big lot -> remove mod and go back to SMAPI :)

Genn: Thanks, updated OP! Still working on this Universal Access Storage mod, will implement new features on this soon.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Unfortunately it doesn't affect Forage, as this only iterates through Crops (different category Id than Forage) that have been planted in the Farm. Infact, I need to add the Greenhouse to the next version too :)

Kenma likes this.
                                      • adari91

adari91 Void-Bound Voyager

It's my first time with storm. I followed the step (How to install and run Storm Mods:) and the storm's bar showed the number of mods loaded but it seemed like there is no any mod work: / do I miss anything?

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Currently porting this to SMAPI (with the planned features in OP).

adari91, I probably need to update the Storm version.

flyinghusky likes this.