What are the life span for all fences?(Or most effecient?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xreaper331, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Xreaper331

Xreaper331 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm building the chicken coop and want to have fences around it before it's done and I don't know what to use...
    I've had wooden fences and im not goign that way but i dont want to waste my resources on stone or iron if i dont know how long they will last for, so can someone PLEASE tell me how long each fence can survive for?:cry:

• Marak

Marak Big Damn Hero

My very unscientific study of fencing:

Wood fences: I JUST BUILT YOU LIKE A WEEK AGO WHY ARE YOU DECAYING!?
      Stone fences: I'm pretty sure a real stone fence would last longer than 3 weeks, CA. Just sayin'.
      Iron fences: Stardew Valley is apparently filled with acid rain and a Rust Elemental is at work on my farm, because Iron fencing should last for years and not months.
      Hardwood fences: ...why is hardwood superior to stone and metal again...?

Xreaper331 likes this.
      • Xreaper331

Xreaper331 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks! Il start using iron I guess since i really dont want to repair every couple weeks for stone! And hardwood is just to rare right now at my level

• Marak

Marak Big Damn Hero

To be more helpful and less jokey, it's something along the lines of

Wood - a couple of weeks if you're lucky
          Stone - maybe a whole season if your'e lucky
          Iron - two seasons or thereabouts
          Hardwood - dunno, Abby is able to fix them before they decay entirely so far

But I'm no expert, I have very little fencing on my farm because gates are such a huge time waster and I don't see the point in putting up fencing that is constantly slowing me down when it serves no real purpose (other than an aesthetic one). If the grass is encroaching on my paths, that's what my scythe is for (and I probably need the Hay anyway).

Xreaper331 likes this.
          • Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

All I can say is I haven't needed to repair my hardwood fences in almost 2 years.

Xreaper331 likes this.
            • Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

Boom!

The recap:

Wood Fences: Typically last about one season.
              Stone Fences: Typically last about two seasons.
              Iron Fences: Why are you wasting iron on a fence? But I guess if you are, expect about 4-5 seasons of use.
              Hardwood Fences: About 2.5 years.

Xreaper331 likes this.
              • Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

Hardwood lasts forever once you get married, Alex keeps fixing my fence every once in a while.

Xreaper331 likes this.
                • Thanatosll

Thanatosll Scruffy Nerf-Herder

according to:
                  http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Crafting

gates last 100 days. wood fences last for 23 to 33 days. stone fences last 55 to 66 days (get the recipe at farming level2). iron fences last 120 to 132 days(get recipe at farming level 4). hardwood fences last 260 to 300 days(get recipe at farming level 6).
                  hope this helps.