WIP 'Teens' to Mid to Late 20's [Elliot Added]

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by elyneara, Mar 18, 2016.

1. elyneara

elyneara Void-Bound Voyager

I decided to re-touch several of the younger looking marriage candidates to look more like they are in their mid to late 20's. On top of that I gave them some visual details to suit my tastes, but tried to keep them in line with the Stardew Valley Style so they won't look out of place with non-overhauled characters.

Update:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Elliot's Portraits are done, one with short hair and one with a braid. I took the braid sprite from Leah and re-colored it.
    I changed his color palette for hair and skin, gave him glasses, a pencil in his ear, removed his ascot, gave him earrings and gave him a goatee. Overworlds coming soon!

[​IMG]
    @Jokerine made a No Glasses version of Sam, with Overworld sprite :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

@Jokerine made the no-glasses edit for Sebastian and Sam, and the cleaned up jacket for Sam.

If anyone wants to take my edits and make their one changes please feel free.
    Post them here and I will put them up for download for everyone!
    Changed Details

To Download:

I have all mods uploaded to a public subfolder of my google drive account

If anyone wants additional character overhauls let me know who, and what details should be included.

WIPs

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    • buddy4life

buddy4life Void-Bound Voyager

I LOVE this Maru! Very nice work! Her hair looks awesome. Really adds character to her. I can't wait for her hospital photos!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
      • idiotequed

idiotequed Aquatic Astronaut

They look great! I love love love Maru's hair and freckles. And you added glasses to the boys... my secret weakness... one of my main Harvey draws... I'm very curious to see how you'll do Harvey, if you decide to! I don't have any ideas at the moment. I dig your style.

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really like Virus! ;) Would there be a chance of getting that version with something like a t-shirt or hoodie? It just seems a bit weird to picture him in suit and tie riding his skateboard ;)

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

I love these!

*pondering to change it or not..hmm*

• Abokado

Abokado Subatomic Cosmonaut

Aha! More piercings is exactly my style. Thanks, Sam is a real cutie now!

• Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

Sebastian with glasses.. :up:

Sarah_Kixira likes this.
                • elyneara

Glad you guys like them! I have t-shirt Sam and Maru's nurse sheet almost done. Then I'm working on the Overworld sprites and some building re-makes.

lannihamm and Abokado like this.
                  • lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

i love these, especially Maru! i also saw your overgrown farmhouse, and i think the anticipation of waiting for the overworld sprites and the front porch glitching to be fixed might kill me x.x

• eliminnowp

eliminnowp Intergalactic Tourist

This is the best Maru I've seen! I miss Seb's hoodie though.

• thatz

thatz Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my gosh these are lovely! I might just have to use this Maru mod. ;o;

• elyneara

:D Thanks guys! I'm feeling really motivated to update the over world sprites, I played last night and was really thrown off by the differences, lol.

I can do an alt with Sebastian's hoodie back, I took it out so his color palette would have more variety. I can put it back on with a little different palette though.

Katniel and Abokado like this.
                          • SundayLion

SundayLion Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very nice portraits! Thank you!
                            I have an idea for Abigail, maybe you'll like it - I would like her with shaved haircut (shaved temple and long hair) or with short hairstyle with one bright dyed curl (I think black hair with her classical purple will work)

• Jokerine

Thank you for Sam with a shirt! Hope we can get an overworld edit too <3

• elyneara

@SundayLion Sounds cute! I wanted to give Abigail something to represent her adventurousness. It seems like someone who wants to explore and adventure would have scratches/blemishes on her face (lack of makeup) and shorter hair. Pulling twigs out of long hair is a nightmare!

Can anyone give me more insight to Harvey's personality? I haven't done any of his heart events at all.

I'll do overworld edits ASAP, the tiny details are hard to get right.

• Jokerine

I haven't talked to Harvey much, sorry. The wiki may have some info :) I haven't looked because I want to romance him so I wanna avoid spoilers :p

In the meantime, just to test the XNB unpacker that was linked elsewhere, I threw together a version of Virus + the vanilla blue hoodie so I wouldn't have to worry about the overworld sprite. Here's a pic in-game. I think it looks good enough -- much better than Sam's stupid default hair, haha! Thanks again! :)

• BlueFenik

BlueFenik Void-Bound Voyager

Maru's hair is really gorgeous!

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Alex next please! I really love this look. Sam looks especially better imo.

• SundayLion

SundayLion Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, it makes a lot of sense ))

Harvey wanted to be a pilot, maybe add something like an aviator scarf and aviator sunglasses (or his normal glasses have aviators shape).

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

I would love to see an Alex recolor; right now i use Candel0ro's Alex recolor & sprite mod because I couldn't stand looking at that yellow and green letterman any longer, but I like your style and what you've done with Sam/Maru/Sebastian, so I'm sure I'd enjoy your take on him <3