Digital Desi Draws - Starbound & Such

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by desbro, Mar 16, 2016.

1. desbro

desbro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I mostly haunt the Stardew forums, but I also own and have played on and off, Starbound. At any rate, I draw and enjoy drawing, but sometimes you just don't have ideas for yourself.

This is where you come in! I'm taking character requests. I can draw just about anything, any bodytype, any gender. I'm pretty comfortable in the general sense (barring weaponry and armor, I will confess those are my weak points, so you'll forgive me!)

I actually haven't drawn much in this particular fandom, so it'd be nice to dip a toe in!

My only stipulation is, not every request will get drawn, although I'll do my best. Also, the more you give me in terms of reference (even just sprites) and written information, the better I'll be able to translate!

Leo the inter-galactic 'punchy star.'
    &
    Eva aka The Ringleader, inter-galactic bad seed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I also play World of Warcraft, so I've done a fair number of pieces on commission for folks on the RP servers there!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The dreadlocked troll is my Drakkari berserker, the boho-chic nelf with the tat is also mine... annnnnd The troll crest design was for a guild I never quite got off the ground! The rest are commissions. I was doing a bust flats special for a while.

To Do
    - S.A.I.L

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Oh wow, that Novakid looks really good! [​IMG]
    Would I be able to make a request? [​IMG]

Royaltop likes this.
  3. desbro

Have at it!

Royaltop likes this.
  4. Peaceful Floran

Peaceful Floran Phantasmal Quasar

Will you only be taking starbound requests or can I request something unrelated to it?

Royaltop and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  5. desbro

I guess that depends on what it is? I'd like to keep it within the realms of Starbound, since this is a fanart board and I'm not really sure what the policy is on non-starbound related stuff (or I probably would have just mentioned it in my Stardew master post! :D)

Royaltop and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  6. Firepaw Da Cat

Well, you could always open just an art in general request thread in this area of the forums here
    People could request Starbound art here and non Starbound art there.

Royaltop likes this.
  7. desbro

I could, and might at some point, but my two focuses currently are Stardew and Starbound, so we'll stick with them for now!

Royaltop and Alkanthe like this.
  8. Firepaw Da Cat

Ah well, I hope you do decide to open up an art thread like that at some point [​IMG]
    Also, do you think you could you draw this Floran girl named DangerSpider?
    DangerSpider.jpg

9. Peaceful Floran

Peaceful Floran Phantasmal Quasar

Can you draw my character? His name is Rooger. He's a clumsy doofus that cant take care of himself. Like me. :DD

Rooger2.jpg

Royaltop likes this.
  10. desbro

Is that a hat she's wearing? I can't really tell what her head foliage looks like. xD

Royaltop likes this.
  11. desbro

EDIT: removed those pictures, since I added them to the master post. :D

Screencap of a sketchy paint I'm working on.

Leo is a gender ambiguously built gasbag that specializes in pugilism, while she goes by feminine pronouns, her appearance can sometimes be a little confusing and she makes no effort to correct initial assumptions, but instead just sort of rolls with whatever.

her signature move is the Atomic Punchâ„¢.

You've probably seen her in the prize fighting circuit, she can't get enough of it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  12. Royaltop

Royaltop Astral Cartographer

So your Punchy-star looks kickass, defently soembody that would win good money, and could never be bribed into taking a dive!

I'ma give you a request (I know you don't have to do it, but it never hurts to throw a hook~) But what cha you do with http://i.imgur.com/XfieIBr.jpg

My cute little starboard charcter. Known as Royal-Top, it was the result of an avaian research ship crashing in a florian inhabited jungle-world. After scavenging (And most liekly eating said avaians.) A florian got drunk and decided to just jab random sparkle crystals onto one of the pet pop-tops. The result ended up with a large bunch of Sail crystal fragments fusing with said poptop and becoming highly intelligent, to which it ran off, fixed the ship up, gather it's kin, and took off in the stars, never to return!

It now rules as monarch over the similarly augmented army of poptops, looking for worlds to save and gum to chew!

13. desbro

I'll see what I can do tomorrow!

Royaltop likes this.
  14. Firepaw Da Cat

Oh yeah, she's wearing a circlet [​IMG]
    Here's a picture of her not wearing it
    DangerSpider no headband.PNG

Royaltop likes this.
  15. desbro

[​IMG]
    Soooo, I'm not super familiar with the monsters, and my stylized monster abilities are noobish at best, but I gave it a go!

16. desbro

Oh cool, cool, gotcha!

Royaltop likes this.
  17. Royaltop

Royaltop Astral Cartographer

Noobish my rump, that looks fantastic! And so quickly too~ Thank you so much, Royal-Top looks like it has zero ideal what's going on, which isn't unusual for me in general!

18. desbro

Haha, well thank you. Practice makes perfect right? I relish a challenge. I was sleepless last night, so I got a headstart on yours and Peaceful Floran 's piece.

Royaltop and Peaceful Floran like this.
  19. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

i was rly upset that this flew under my radar but you only started it yesterday while my internet was out so fhew!

they look rly good ;u;

20. desbro

Aw! Yeah, I just started it, it's no big! :D