RELEASED Character Portrait Overhauls! - 1.1 compatible! [Oct 7] 0.6.5.4.3

Touch up to the NPC portraits, staying true to the vanilla style.

1. Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

lilipea, Meevers and Junitow like this.
  2. BlackLion

BlackLion Intergalactic Tourist

Oh damn , sorry for that stupid question ! All work fine ! Great Job and thx again <3

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

No worries! I'm glad it worked out :D

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is legitimately my favorite portrait mod that's being worked on. I've been keeping an eye on this since you started and downloading as they came out. I just want to say that you're doing an amazing job. <3

Kamirose likes this.
        • Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

100% agree with this, although I haven't been downloading it yet. I'm too OCD to have portraits of conflicting styles in my game, so I'm just sitting tight until everyone is finished. But very much looking forward to it!

My only wish is that none of the portraits were fully frontal-facing (like Haley's, Sebastian's, etc.)... Personal preference, but frontal pictures just look wonky to me. Still, as frontal pictures go, these are nevertheless great.

Kamirose likes this.
          • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Thank you both! It means a lot to me :D

Landwalker, it's possible that I'll make angled portraits, but that would be at the VERY end, after everyone else's is done, and TBH isn't very likely. But nevertheless, I'm glad you're enjoying them ^^

My goal is to get at least 5 out a week. I stream myself making them on occasion, usually Fridays (Thursday if you're in PST-EST timezones), so you can check those streams out if you're interested :D

• Octoroket

Octoroket Void-Bound Voyager

:whoop: I've seen a lot of people making variants of Maru as being white, half black and white, etc... But could you make like... A Vitiligo variant of Maru? I haven't seen one yet. I think people with Vitiligo are absolutely gorgeous (Here's an example)
              [​IMG]
              And, another idea I had (Sorry if I sound demanding or annoying or anything, I just wanted to share my ideas since I really loved your art style and such </3 ) would Sandy fit looking similar to a Gerudo from ocarina of time? I thought it would make sense given her location and everything.. And her demeanor. Keep up the good work <3

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
              • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

lilipea and idiotequed like this.
              • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

No worries, feel free to give suggestions ^^ I don't have vitiligo planned right now, but I won't say never :) Same with the Gerudo, but now the thought's in my head so it's possible :D

• Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

somehow you made emily look even creepier. :rofl:

In either cheese, very nicely done O:

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Creepy? xD I think Emily is adorable! I was super sad to find out I couldn't romance her.

• jedikitty

jedikitty Aquatic Astronaut

This is awesome ! Started using this mod a couple days ago. I can't wait to see what you'll do with Linus and the little kids ! :D

• idiotequed

idiotequed Aquatic Astronaut

Everyone looks SO good. Thank you so much for these. I feel like a real dick asking this, but if you're taking variant requests... I super dug the 19th century Elliott portraits posted here, with his hair pulled back. If you'd be willing to do a variant like that, I'd be ecstatic!

izzy82 and jedikitty like this.
                        • izzy82

izzy82 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the style of your portraits, I'm using Alex. If only Sam and Sebastian had normal hair (not a big fan of beiber or goku hair) and thicker build and faces closer to Alex's because I like their personalities but not the looks. :(

jedikitty likes this.
                          • Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

oh deff xP i just find her portrait to be really creepy for some reason xD
                            She definitely sticks out like a sore thumb though.. almost like she would be a romanceable.

• Minx

Minx Void-Bound Voyager

I have to say, these are really nice portraits! I've been slowly adding them as you update them because I enjoy keeping the original feel of the game :love: Though I'm curious, would it be possible to do a variation of Sebastian with a ponytail? I dunno, I think he'd look great with one! If not though, that's okay :D

Thank you very much for these lovely portraits! <3

Milly Rainbowskittlez and izzy82 like this.
                              • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

skomega01 and idiotequed like this.
                              • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Kamirose updated Character Portrait Overhauls! with a new update entry:

Character Portrait Overhauls! - Added slim Abigail, Caroline, and Linus [Mar 20]

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rheatheylia, jedikitty and Minx like this.
                                • jedikitty

jedikitty Aquatic Astronaut

Yay, Linus looks absolutely awesome ! The leaves are great, and I love the new hair and beard. He's my bestie. :D
                                  Caroline is also lovely ! I love her new hairstyle, and the softening (best word I can think of !) of her collar. :)

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Thanks! I might tweak his beard again later, but I think it came out pretty well. And yeah, I think there was supposed to be a stripe on the vanilla collar for Caroline, but it just looked like a highlight, which didn't work well, so I got rid of it.