1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Game File is gone

Discussion in 'Support' started by The Dark Pony, Mar 16, 2016.

1. The Dark Pony

The Dark Pony Space Hobo

ehm hey guys... I got a problem, about 2 days ago i played Stardew Valley my new favourite game, thats why i have 53 hours played already. But then my PC crashed and as I restartet my PC the safefile that i was playing on (my mainfile) was gone... what should I do? I love this game but i dont want to restart all from the beginning again, please help me.

Sorry for bad english.

Nick

• thewierd

thewierd Void-Bound Voyager

If the file is not there and you have not activated Steam Cloud Sync in Steam you are smoked....

• The Dark Pony

The Dark Pony Space Hobo

but I got another file and this one is still there

• Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Could you upload your save file to www.filedropper.com and paste here the link it gives you?
          Also what day, season, and year were you on?
          Your save file is located at C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves
          You can also search for "%appdata%" without the quotes and find it that way.

• The Dark Pony

The Dark Pony Space Hobo

I know that it was year 3 but I am not sure with the month i think it was the first
            Heres the link: http://www.filedropper.com/yannick116610705

• Yusuke Urameshi

Your save file only has NULL values in it and cannot be fixed.
              Do you have a backup? If not,
              Try right clicking within the
              C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves
              folder then hit properties, then under the previous versions tab, see if there are any previous version of your save file.
              If there is nothing there, I am sorry, you will have to start over.
              I suggest making backups next time.
              Also there is a save editor you can use to help get some of your progress back:
              http://community.playstarbound.com/...-inventory-editor-thanks-to-midgetman.108255/

• The Dark Pony

The Dark Pony Space Hobo

Its all gone so I need to start again... but thanks for your help

• Yusuke Urameshi

You're welcome, sorry that happened! :(