WIP Chocobos mod!

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by NachoDevs, Mar 6, 2016.

1. NachoDevs

NachoDevs Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!!

• burningleos

burningleos Cosmic Narwhal

NachoDevs likes this.
    • NachoDevs

For sure! I have added you in the mod description in: Special thanks, so everyone can know how you contributed in this project!

burningleos likes this.
      • tearoppai

tearoppai Master Chief

Could this be edited and used? I'd do it myself and most of it I actually did, but I'm no spriter and it still needs a bit done to it like...the eating grass sprites and the black around the body (not the legs) could be removed. I'm not sure the size of it would fit, either, but I tried to resize it the best I could

[​IMG]

NachoDevs and burningleos like this.
        • Edge!

Edge! Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow, very nice! I hope it can be added!

NachoDevs likes this.
          • NachoDevs

If you want I could try ir for you, but right now I will keep my sprite, I think it fits beter in the game.

• tearoppai

tearoppai Master Chief

Oh no you don't have to. I was just trying to help out by finding a matching style of sprites that don't need to be so heavily edited and were large enough to replace the horse unlike the current one you have, but if what you have is better for you then all's good! Good luck with the future updates.

Edit:
              The sprites I had fit really nicely, but it's just too big despite it being the size of a chocobo. This is going to be a rather difficult mod as the chocobo is going to be the size of a baby just to fit. Mine ALMOST fits, but it's just 3-4 pixels to big and when going up, I'm on top of the feathers D:
              And I ain't no spriter, but I did the best I could. Even had a grass eating animation where he pecks the ground. Oh well. Might just let it gather dust in the depths of my steam folders. So good luck to you, Nacho! Hopefully you can get a decent look!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
                NachoDevs likes this.
              • burningleos

burningleos Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, Anything new for the chocobobos?

NachoDevs likes this.
                • NachoDevs

Working on it, as I have said I am very new in this :confused: and also there is nothing on the internet for helping me out in a direct way, so I am working with the api trying to implement the song when you mount the chocobo(this is not defenitive but it is the best way to implement the song before I can get into the minigame)

burningleos likes this.
                  • pacmanjr2

pacmanjr2 Orbital Explorer

Can't handle the cuteness, awesome dude!
                    Oh can you add the chocobo's head and replace the horse's head in the pause menu? .__.
                    Thanks for this chocobos by the way :3

NachoDevs likes this.
                    • NachoDevs

Sure, I will try to put the chocobo's head in the pause menu. Let me see how can I do it.

• pacmanjr2

Can I sleep with him on the stable?
                        20160317020324_1.jpg
                        Thanks dude, you're awesome :up:

NachoDevs likes this.
                        • NachoDevs

Thanks for letting me know , I had completely forgotten about that haha

• NachoDevs

Ok it is done, wait untill medifire is up and I will update it :3. By the way, glad you like the mod, stay tuned for future updates, we have some really cool ideas! ;D

• NachoDevs

The new version is ready! More info in the main post

• pacmanjr2

upload_2016-3-17_9-53-13.png
                                OMG OMG you're awesome dude, seriously :lickitung:

NachoDevs likes this.
                                • NachoDevs

I could not make it fit better, bit I guess for now it is ok haha. Glad you like it ;D

• pacmanjr2

ah dude, may I ask you something about Cursor.xnb?
                                    Can we using 3 Cursor.xnb in a same time? like replace the horse's head, the dog's head on the pause menu together in the same time? and also Cursor.xnb for digging spot?
                                    Thanks dude :D

NachoDevs likes this.
                                    • NachoDevs

Well, you can not, but if you want to send me the three Cursor.xnb I will merge them into one for you. If you send me the three files, tell me what change in all of them, for example mine will change the horse head from menu, and so. If you don't know what it changes do not worry, I will look for it, but in that file there is a huge amount of sprites haha. :up:

• pacmanjr2

Ummm, what application that used to merge them? and is it difficult to merge them? maybe i want to try it by myself .__.

NachoDevs likes this.