RELEASED Cat and dog at the same time

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by keyten, Mar 15, 2016.

1. keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

So, this small guide will allow you to add more cats and dogs to your farm so you could have something like this:
    [​IMG]
    If you have a cat or dog you need to add this into your save file:
    <NPC xsi:type="Dog"><name>Estos</name><isEmoting>false</isEmoting><isCharging>false</isCharging><willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot>false</willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot><isGlowing>false</isGlowing><coloredBorder>false</coloredBorder><flip>false</flip><drawOnTop>false</drawOnTop><faceTowardFarmer>false</faceTowardFarmer><faceAwayFromFarmer>false</faceAwayFromFarmer><scale>1</scale><timeBeforeAIMovementAgain>0</timeBeforeAIMovementAgain><glowingTransparency>0</glowingTransparency><glowRate>0</glowRate><Position><X>3392</X><Y>512</Y></Position><Speed>2</Speed><IsEmoting>false</IsEmoting><CurrentEmote>24</CurrentEmote><age>0</age><manners>0</manners><socialAnxiety>0</socialAnxiety><optimism>0</optimism><gender>0</gender><id>-1</id><homeRegion>0</homeRegion><daysUntilBirthing>-1</daysUntilBirthing><daysAfterLastBirth>-1</daysAfterLastBirth><birthday_Day>0</birthday_Day><moveTowardPlayerThreshold>0</moveTowardPlayerThreshold><isInvisible>false</isInvisible><followSchedule>true</followSchedule><datable>false</datable><datingFarmer>false</datingFarmer><daysMarried>0</daysMarried><DefaultFacingDirection>0</DefaultFacingDirection><DefaultPosition><X>3456</X><Y>512</Y></DefaultPosition><IsWalkingInSquare>false</IsWalkingInSquare><IsWalkingTowardPlayer>false</IsWalkingTowardPlayer><friendshipTowardFarmer>192</friendshipTowardFarmer><CurrentBehavior>1</CurrentBehavior></NPC>

After code of your cat/dog which should look exactly the same. Basically you need to find a fragment that starts with <NPC xsi:type="Dog">, ends with </NPC> and double it. And change one dog to cat in one of that fragments.
    That code will give you 1 dog. If you want Cat change <NPC xsi:type="Dog"> to <NPC xsi:type="Cat">
    You can add more that code to have more cats/dogs.
    I currently have 29 cats and 27 dogs.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    • Kiatsu

Kiatsu Industrial Terraformer

Finally! A way to have more pet~you're awesome! Thank you~ :)

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd love to have both one cat and one dog. Can we get some more elaborate instructions? :)

• MrIce

MrIce Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can you make a tutorial of how make it?
          [​IMG]

• Aryade

Aryade Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a purpose to having more than one pet?

• She Meows

She Meows Subatomic Cosmonaut

More pets = cuteness overloadX3:kitten2::kitten2::kitten2::kitten2::kitten2::kitten2::kitten2::kitten2:

farmvillesux likes this.
              • keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Is there a purpose to have even one cat?

• Oyakodown

Oyakodown Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are those codes supposed to be added in the save file? I need more clarification:pwease:

• mehmehmoh

mehmehmoh Seal Broken

Open your save file (named something like: "Name_Numbers" (not the "SaveGameInfo" file)) in something like Notepad++
                    Search for Dog (or Cat if you currently have a Cat)
                    Scroll a bit further 'til you see "</NPC>" followed by "</characters>"
                    Paste in between those two tags and save.

• Oyakodown

Oyakodown Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you for the instruction!

• mehmehmoh

mehmehmoh Seal Broken

You're welcome.

Additionally, to make them a bit more distinguishable from each other you can edit the <scale> values as well.
                        I wouldn't recommend (or do I? :lolwut:) going above 1 because then you'll have a dog as big as your house.

For example you can have a momma cat with scale 1 and a couple never-growing-up baby cats with scale ~0.7/0.8

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
                          Zovino, Yoseiri, Acerbicon and 10 others like this.
                        • AuroraBlades42

AuroraBlades42 Void-Bound Voyager

This is so great! I love both cats and dogs, and only chose a dog in-game because I currently have a pet dog. After a while I started considering marrying Abigail, but I felt bad because she's always wanted a cat and I didn't have one. Now everyone's happy! I'm definitely going to try this out in my game later <3

RoastedCoconutz and Missus like this.
                          • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

You're a genius. Thank you so much for this!

Does having more than one cause any issues at all? I'm guessing no if you have upwards of 50 lol

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Didn't encounter any. They even sleep in different places.
                              [​IMG]

• Abokado

Abokado Subatomic Cosmonaut

Worked great, thanks!

Oh, are you not bothered by the amount of barking? Or do you know a way of disabling that somehow? (I wouldn't mind not having any dog sounds at all.)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
                                • aniseedling

aniseedling Intergalactic Tourist

For some reason this isn't working for me. When I paste the code in it just makes 0 pets show up at all (including my original one).

Edit: NVM, got it to work. If anybody else has the same problem as me, it was because I was having a series of rainy days.. instead of showing up inside or outside the animals just weren't there. Once it was a sunny day though they showed up.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
                                  • SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Tried it out and edited one cat to my already existing dog. Works great!
                                    Only downside is, when I exit my house in the morning and look at my two pets, they are sleeping in the exact same spot... Do you know any method to mod there standard sleeping place at morning? If not its ok too, cause its only at the morning, but it would be nice, if there is a way for that. ^^
                                    Otherwise nice job figuring that out, always felt a little down, that you can only have pet, especially with all those cute Pet mods for both Cat and Dog.

• Walknoot

Walknoot Tentacle Wrangler

+1

• blargsnarf

blargsnarf Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah I'm curious what 50 Sans/Annoying Dogs look like in the morning all overlapping each other. Even having one dog and two cats causes a lot of sprite flickering until they wake up!

Hamiradon likes this.
                                        • keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Indeed they are. But at least they sleep in different locations when they are inside the house.
                                          Petsz2.png