RELEASED More Hair (Updated 4/24)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by pencilstab, Mar 15, 2016.

1. pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    V1.6
    [​IMG]

Do not repost/edit/use my mod as a base without my permission!

So this mod just adds in new hairstyles and lightens the base game hairs (meaning that they will be more vibrant).

I will be adding in more hairstyles, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. This is my first mod, so please be patient with me if I can't answer all of the questions; decided to make this available to all because I figured that I should try to give back to the modding community for once, haha :)

If the attached file doesn't work (though it should), It's also available here

If you guys use my mod, I'd love to see your farmers :D

Installation instructions:

• Download the mod
    • Extract the archive
    • Go to Stardew Valley/Content/Characters/Farmer
    • Replace the hairstyles.xml file with the provided

------------------
    My other mods:
    Portraits (also available on the forum here)
    ------------------

Known Issues:
    • Some of the hats change the hairstyles: This is not something I can fix, that is unfortunately in the game's coding
    • Some hairstyle numbers are bald: this is just the way the png file is set up; they are bald because I've not created hairstyles for those specific numbers yet

Changes:
    4/24/16: Added 6 new hairs
    3/30/16: Added 4 new hairs, fixed up some of the first ones I did because they looked like shit
    3/25/16: Added 3 new hairs, technically 'male' but all of these hairs can be used on either gender
    3/18/16: Added 1 new hair, lightened all hair again, tweaked 3rd hairstyle so it doesn’t look as dumpy
    3/16/16: Added two new haircuts, lightened ALL of overall hairs so colors should be a little more vibrant!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
      sichengs, Baconfry, Soraiah and 61 others like this.
    • LiterallyNatalie

LiterallyNatalie Master Chief

Is it possible if you can add Rosalina's hairstyle(Super mario)? I'd love to use it on my character!

Shuna likes this.
      • pencilstab

Yes, I think that will be possible!

StardewLaunchPlayer likes this.
        • Cimeni

Cimeni Phantasmal Quasar

Which hairstyles does it replace? There are a few I adore and I'd hate to load this (because these are so nice!) and then find out I lost one of my favorites. (Namely, 18.)

• pencilstab

Replaces 7, 19, 22, 27, and 30!

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

hair 30 is so cute!! <3

thank you for this mod! looking forward to seeing your future hairstyles :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
              • MeanieKitty

MeanieKitty Void-Bound Voyager

I believe you don't need to replace any hairstyle. I could be wrong but someone mentioned that all you needed to do was resize the png to make it longer to add more. I saw it when someone was doing a undertale hair mod. I'm not sure what they exactly did so I could be completely wrong. However I am loving this. Had to have this because I am in love with one specific hairstyle here.

If you can, I feel the men are lacking in good hairstyles. I love playing as a guy on Stardew Valley but the hairstyles aren't that good. To me they aren't, but I am picky when it comes to hair. If you can add more then that would be amazing. I do have a style in mind that I like but not sure what it's called. Spikey hair but bangs covering one eye. Many people would likely call it an emo hairstyle, but I just found it cool to look at. In real life if I could I would have had my hair like that. Being a girl with a very round face, it wouldn't go well with me.

StardewLaunchPlayer likes this.
                • asdasdgfrw

asdasdgfrw Title Not Found

I'm not sure how resizing the sprite would do anything.

The number of hairstyles must be in exe itself, or maybe in some xnb. But probably in exe, otherwise there would be already a lot of hair mods.

• MeanieKitty

MeanieKitty Void-Bound Voyager

What I got from it is that they made it longer to add more hairstyles. Maybe asking them would be best as it seems they added a new hairstyle without replacing others. I'll see about messaging them to find out more. I do not mind if hairstyles are replaced though. A lot of them I do not like much.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
                    • pencilstab

I can see how expanding the canvas and adding onto the hair list might work, but I'm unsure how to do it, as, just as asdasgfrw said, it would definitely require editing the actual game values. I'm not quite sure where the specific xnb file is for hairstyles, but I will look more tomorrow.

If you do receive any information that the other modder is comfortable with sharing, please do let me know! It would be nice if I didn't have to erase preexisting haircuts :rofl:

• Umaru

Umaru Poptop Tamer

I am using the vibrant hair color mod right now. It is the same file I need to replace. Is there any way to use the two mods at same time QAQ

• Umaru

Umaru Poptop Tamer

How to get those cheek blush..sooo cute.....QwQ

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

• Venoshock

Venoshock Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hey great mod! any chance you could combine it with this? would be amazing!

• Umaru

Umaru Poptop Tamer

Rosalie likes this.
                            • She Meows

She Meows Subatomic Cosmonaut

Love that sailor moon hairstyle!
                              Im gonna download this by tommorow.
                              So exited!
                              <3<3<3

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Howdy! You don't need to replace any hairstyles. Just increase the height of the picture and add new hairstyles in the bottom. All "blank" hairstyles will be bald.

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Can vouch for that too. I've been adding hairstyles to my farmer and I can confirm that increasing the height to add new hair does work. :)

• sirentu

sirentu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you by chance add the hair style of Cynthia from pokemon? o.o Love the hairs by the way!

• pencilstab

That can probably be easily done, as I'm fairly certain that the modder simply lightened the values.

Ahh, I see! Thank you for the help :D