RELEASED Bigger Cave (Now with 2 floors and farmable!)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by KingJoey, Mar 12, 2016.

1. KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

Hi everybody!

Thanks for all the download of my mod so far! On request in this topic I made the cave slightly more appealing by adding some static stuff on the wall and adding a bit of lighting. It is also one tile higher than version 2.0.

[​IMG]

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j8t7k6dh5a161pr/FarmCave.rar

Paste this file in your Stardew Valley/Content/Maps folder. If you're updating from an older version I suggest emptying out the cave first. If you're updating from version 2.0 it's not that big of a deal, if you are updating from the first version definitely empty the cave first.

I have added another floor to the cave, and thanks to @Advize I added some properties to the second floor so you can farm there! I have yet to figure out how to make fish appear in the little pond so for now you can fish up some trash! ( Broken Glasses = Refined Quartz so I don't really care for now )

[​IMG]

Download Second Floor: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wng4qio456c9h11/FarmCave_2Floors.rar

Hey everyone!

I edited the cave to have a second floor under the mushroom farm, so I could clean up my yard and plant some flowers there instead of an army of furnaces and kegs. I made an earlier version that made the cave wider, if you used that (it's in the spoiler down the post) you have to clear out anything you placed before you install the new one. The new one doesn't alter farm.xnb anymore, so if you're not updating from version 1 you only have to paste farmCave.xnb into your Stardew Valley/Content/Maps folder. The download includes the original farm.xnb file for those updating from the old version. I'm looking into getting furniture in there but for now, I have no idea how to and if that would even be able to do without an API.

[​IMG]

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6jwbz4cylcn77ph/Maps(2).rar

Hey, I edited the map file from the cave to make it about five times as wide. The mushrooms/fruits can be found to the far left in the cave. I made this so I could move my storage from the side of my house to the cave so I can make a proper yard for my house instead of a bunch of furnaces and chests. You need to put the two .xnb files into your Stardew Valley/Content/Maps folder. I had to edit farm.xnb as well to alter the warp point in the cave, else you would warp into a wall.

[​IMG]

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ww77rviwcqw7700/Maps.rar

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    • xithyl

xithyl Void-Bound Voyager

This is awesome, but with the entrance on the right and the mushrooms/fruits on the left its extremely inconvenient... When you simply wanna get the mushrooms and nothing more in the cave you have to walk through the whole thing :/ Its a huge time loss

KayokoSalsa, KingJoey and LadyKianna like this.
      • KingJoey

It's the only way I know of to make the cave go to the left. I have no idea where to acces the data where the boxes/fruits should spawn. I play with a sprint mod and a freeze time inside mod so I hadn't thought of your problem.

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

I LOVE THIS. Now I can clean up my yard and house. <3

farmvillesux and KingJoey like this.
          • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

This should be standard really, it's that amazing. A cheap way to store your workstatons outside of house without buying barns (planned storage sheds) or valuable farmland is great, thanks!

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Nice work! Just like my one but entrance is on the other side and no elevator for fast travel.
              Glad to see someone else is working on map editing too.

Also what the point of an exact copy of the cave to the far right?

• KingJoey

Thanks! Your cave was the reason I started messing around with it and got determined to make it go to the left (feels right to me, no pun intended) all I had to do was alter some warp point values. Do you have any idea what controls the mushroom spawn points?

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Something in the exe file. Maybe this:
                  public void setUpMushroomHouse()
                  {
                  base.setObject(new Vector2(4f, 5f), new Object(new Vector2(4f, 5f), 128, false));
                  base.setObject(new Vector2(6f, 5f), new Object(new Vector2(6f, 5f), 128, false));
                  base.setObject(new Vector2(8f, 5f), new Object(new Vector2(8f, 5f), 128, false));
                  base.setObject(new Vector2(4f, 7f), new Object(new Vector2(4f, 7f), 128, false));
                  base.setObject(new Vector2(6f, 7f), new Object(new Vector2(6f, 7f), 128, false));
                  base.setObject(new Vector2(8f, 7f), new Object(new Vector2(8f, 7f), 128, false));
                  }
                  But I am not sure.

• KingJoey

Ahh great, I'll be testing some when I hit home

• Blitz

Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like that it trails off to the left and not the right, since otherwise it would kill the immersion (the cave would be crossing the valley). I really want a way to be able to expand your cave as a native feature through maybe a bundle or an upgrade from the carpenter. Or possibly as a relationship perk with someone, like someone from the adventurer's guild who might have the demolition expertise to clear out that cave a little bit.

• DMFC

DMFC Space Hobo

Would there be a way to make a permanent elevator or stairs down to a second floor of the cave very similar to the mines?

That way you could harvest mushrooms/fruit quickly, or quickly drop down to your storage and craft rooms and you could make a wide open storage room and not break immersion because it would be like a basement.

+ you could buy additional floors from carpenter

KingJoey likes this.
                        • KingJoey

Okay I am working on a second version right now, just gotta run some tests with it. The new one will keep the old one intact for time managing purposes, in the back will be a ladder leading down to a bigger area. Hope everything will work as planned, fingers crossed!

• deadrun

deadrun Void-Bound Voyager

I love your cave! I love that it goes left and is simple.
                            If I has one suggestion, perhaps add a mine cart? :D
                            Thanks again for your mod.

• KingJoey

Deadrun, you mean like the ones that allow you to fast travel? Cause I have no idea how to implement that to have it work like the other carts. I can add warp points though.
                              Second version of the cave is done. The cave stays in its original formation, with a staircase leading down to a bigger (more rectangle-shaped) area. I will upload it soon.

• viovasvi

viovasvi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Amazing, i love this for all the non-appealing items on the farm, keeps its nice and organized

KingJoey likes this.
                                • KingJoey

Thank you, that is exactly what I made it for ^^

• JonONeill

JonONeill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Woke up this morning to a cave devoid of chests. :(

Not entirely sure what caused it but I had approximately twenty chests in the lower cave filled with various goods. Seeds, materials, forage, etc. Went to sleep and got up the next morning to grab some stuff to build a barn and all the chests were gone.

• viovasvi

viovasvi Subatomic Cosmonaut

weirdly enough, my chests were in the void behind the walls of the cave when i transferred into the vanilla version again. but i just re-added the map expansion and access to chests are once again established B]

• KingJoey

I have not encountered this problem yet, been using the mod a lot lately. I did have the problem Viovasvi here described, where I didn't get my chest out of the older version before upgrading to the newer version. You didn't update between versions in between playing?

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is convenient that I only have to get close enough to the ladder and am then automatically sent up and down them. I don't have click on the ladder at all. Very nice.