More heart events! Post marriage events!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Trifoilum, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

While some may want for new villagers and marriage candidate and that's wonderful, I personally want existing characters to be developed further.

it felt like a lot of the villagers has not a lot of depth at this point in time, or they have seeds of an interesting story that doesn't get anywhere.

George, Pam, Shane, Clint, Linus...

And then there's Kent.

And on that vein, I'd love to have updates to our spouses' plotline post-marriage. While yes, 8-10 heart eventss are somewhat enough for an 'end', a lot just feels like they are ending halfway (and then there's the depressing marriage dialogues etc, which is another beast entirely).

Wouldn't it be nice seeing Sam advance more in his music pursuit (or dealing with his father's reentry), Alex going pro (or dealing with his parental issues), Penny and Pam's issue resolving (especially since she most likely married a rich farmer), and other stuffs?

What do you think?

Farmerman92 likes this.
    • Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

I would like to see more heart events post marriage. Alex talked about feeling sorry for his grandparents having to take care of themselves now that he's gone. Penny talks about wanting to leave the trailer park and her mother, maybe a cutscene where she comes back with you to visit would be nice.

Trifoilum likes this.
      • Jack Nevermore

Jack Nevermore Void-Bound Voyager

Agree. There are a ton of details and hints and dark secrets in this town. I can't imagine how much time was already spent on details, but I'd love to know and see more.

Trifoilum likes this.
        • Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, agreed.

Although I feel like aside from all the programming, ConcernedApe is probably trying to preserve the idyliic and peaceful feel of Harvest Moon while still trying to push some envelopes and giving more depth here and there, so I can understand if some things aren't explored more than they should, but yeah.

• HakuroHanagata

HakuroHanagata Space Hobo

I completely agree with this and would love to see more development. I was hoping something major would happen in my soon-to-be spouse Sam's life when his father came home (and also maybe that Kent would have some reaction to his son having a girlfriend all of a sudden, but that's for a different post), but instead Kent is just...there. I'm sure there's more that I haven't seen (I'm only in the second year after all), but I still find it odd.

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

I know! I'm all about being bros with Sam and Vincent and I'm quite close with Jodi too and I really want to see how his father's return affect them and...nope. Nothing.

• ishizu29

ishizu29 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i would like to see this too. that one peck on the lips everyday might be enough to keep the hearts up, but it´s boring.
                and the less said about the post-marriage conversations/ spouses personalities, the better.
                so i would like to see this. and maybe also involve the spouses family/ friends more.
                seriously, both after we started dating and even after the wedding, my husbands mother would sometimes ask " have you met my son?" and you´re just like " yes, i do believe i have:yeahhhh: "

• swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

yes ..i also look forward to find out more secrets of the town..

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, right; some of the dialogues of the townspeople don't change too .__.