It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Lone_Chosen_Dweller

Lone_Chosen_Dweller Orbital Explorer

I use Sanctuary as the place for all of my supply lines. I scrapped everything there and sent them all to the rest of my settlements. My map just has a crap ton of lines coming from Sanctuary.

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

That must look like a spidah web! btw im curious, theres those supply lines, I imagine they can get attacked? or you just set X settler to supplier, leave them on their merry way and never hear of them again? or do you actually have to put a modicum of creativity as of where they are going/safest route?

3. Lone_Chosen_Dweller

I am not sure, I have never had supply lines be attacked, just the settlements. I would assume that as long as they aren't in a settlement as it is attacked they should be fine.

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hmm I guess the setties are enought annoyance, I have heard people mod them out of their games lol.

5. Lone_Chosen_Dweller

Really? Wow. I wonder if you could mod out settlement attacks completely and still have the settlement.

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh, thats what I meant, they mod the attacks xD not the place! I guess its not everybody`s cup of tea, I mean I would love to defend my places, but I wouldnt unlock EACH spot, it would quickly become a fools errand.

7. Lone_Chosen_Dweller

Yeah, I have most settlement workbenches unlocked, but no settlers because it would get so annoying to see "X is under attack" constantly. When Wasteland Workshop comes out I may use some as arenas.

8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh right, the CK is not out, right? has there been any word about it? I have a couple ideas I would ambitiously bother people with to get worked on.

9. Lone_Chosen_Dweller

Yeah, they said it would be out around April. Here is the link to the interview it was mentioned in.

Corraidhín likes this.
  10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Sweet! so long there is no horse armor :p

edit: wait... theres gonna be robot building in this game??? I... I need more time to continue with my design >w<

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Lone_Chosen_Dweller likes this.
  11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I've seen them come across enemies and fight them, but much like regular settlers they basically cannot die by NPC action. I've never lost a provisioner to an enemy NPC, but I do tend to equip them with combat armor and a laser rifle, which likely helps. They might be able to die from radiation in water, so always send a ghoul provisioner to Spectacle Island if you choose to set up shop there.

Corraidhín likes this.
  12. Lone_Chosen_Dweller

I haven't had a provisioner die due to radiation whilst on their way to Spectacle Island, but then again I usually never see them go into the water. They usually are either not at any settlements or in the middle of the island.

13. Jonesy

I've seen them swimming at least once, when I was nearby.

14. Lone_Chosen_Dweller

Oh, I must just be seeing them afterwards. I usually fast travel there because I frequently use my Power Armor.

15. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it possible to pickpocket a artillery smoke beacon onto someone? Like... could I pickpocket it onto a legendary enemy and run like hell as the bombs drop? My pickpocket skill is low, but could someone go all mythbusters for me?

16. Jonesy

No need. It says on the wiki that you can do it, as long as you have rank 2 Pickpocket. Honestly, though, throwing it would make more sense. If you sneak up and plant it, you have to then get out of the blast radius, which may not be easy when sneaking.

17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Why plant explosives when you can plant ARTILLERY barrage signals?!

*EXPLOSION NOISES*

At this rate im gonna scrap my mobster idea and create a Mr Torgue in FO4

Benkinz99 likes this.
  18. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

1:my big brother used to play fallout 1 and 2 at maxium blood and gore i wasen't Allowed to play any of the fun violent game because i was too young i was only Allowed to play pimball and it started to get really boring after some time so i started to spying on my big brothers playing when mom or dad didn't notice it was fun to watch and i always asked a hole lot of qusetions about what was going on one of my big brothers was a super fallout fan did all the endings on all of them tryed everything in the game his still a super fan way bigger then me he even got the special tip/story/law/cooking fallout 2 collectors book its super rare

2: i will say fallout 2 and fallout new vegas it was a lot you could do and they had the best good endings and a lot of diffrent endings lots of colorfull characters and the s.p.e.c.i.a.l. system mattered also it was fun to go 1 or 3 on intelligent to see all the stupid things you could do and talking to ohter people that was as stupid then you saw it like you sophisticated gentlemen talking when ohters saw you as cave men talking xD got a lot of jokes i would say more another time

3:well the main story is bad it started good but got bad fast and it don't fit at all into the fallout serie they really didn't learn any thing from fallout tactic which never exsisted by the way, we don't get enough time to bind to the baby to make us care about it but we do get enough time to make us care about the wife,
    codsworth was a good idea and fits well love that he can say your name but hi is stupid in combat and gos in front of us so we keeps shoting him,
    compainions can't stealth at all *hey i think is saw something* of course you saw something we are trying to sneak *compaion shots BAM!* *super mutant* WHAT WAS THAT!* *me*FUUUUUU***!
    the side qusets are cool but you don't got any real chooses its yes or yes and you can't be the evil guy in this game you got very limited freedom and chooses of speech most of the npc are inmortal and immortality don't belong in any fallout games,both of the endings sucked,
    i hate the fake East Coast brotherhood of steel they are meddling with things they are not suppose to be meddling with at all the time and not doing what they are really suppose to do nik all high technology from every one that no one is useing, they loses power armors all the time and never trys to recover dem and they care to much the real brotherhood don't give a shit the only cool thing about the east coast brotherhood is liberty prime, i miss the doctor and first help skill in fallout it was planed to have a surgeon simulator in it but bethesda thinks all fallout players are like strong the super mutant and only wants fighting and more shoting so they canceled it,
    the power armor here are the coolest so far but they suck power cores like vampires suck blood wtf the power core can power a big building for 200 years then why can it power a power armor longer then a hour thats bull*beep*,
    the east coast super mutants are too stupid there are not enough mutant types there lots of diffrent mutant types in the ohter games,the suicide super mutants don't make sense it would have made sense if it was a crazy drug filled raider,
    you can only have one compainon and the compaions all got1 on intelligent you can't chooses there combat style and tactic like in the ohter games they all kamikaze every one, befriending them is a joke
    the combat is really good ohter wise but there too few gun types and waaaay to many pipe pistols in the game why are they everywhere if guns are so rare they where removed from fallout 2 for a reason, blocking is back which is good but unarme combat is stupid why do you only use one arm you got two, it only feels like its gone a week not 200 years, , v.a.t.s. is cool and well made but you can't aim for there weakest spots i miss the abilty to shot ass*beep* in the nuts with vats like in fallout 2
    there are a lot to explore if you ignore the main quset which is good
    the magazins are awesome and fun to find also usefull they really did good with them but its a shame that we can't read dem like in skyrim
    building is unnecessary hard and every item you put down has too thick invisible walls around them
    durpy glicthes is bad to have
    upgrading is awesome and fun if you know how to make it good and fits well love that you can upgrade all weapons except the battle axe but you can only upgrade your vault suit and no ohter cloths ohter then the shoulder pads and chest pads leg pads so your forched to use your vault suit all the time
    no real tutorial all fallout games have them but its offen hidden in the game play but not this one
    why can't we use a shovel as a weapon but a poolcue gos x(
    i miss the ability to kick down rotten doors in fallout 2 or to kick at all it could have been a easy add alread got the f hit/power melee attack/throw button which is good.
    death claws are scary which is good but there need to be more type not only giants also some very very few of them could talk.
    legendarys are hmm meh could have been cooler.
    fun thing you can steal a power core from some wearing a power armor to steal there power armor.
    they said more enemys would stealth no enemys are stealthing at all ohter then the deathclaws ,but there are enemys that are jumping out of the ground but that don't count
    no juke item every thing got a use very very good but it also makes the juke jet useless piece of heavy junk.
    we can recycle armor and weapons very nice.

i give it a 4/6 or a 6/10 its not a bad game but it could have been a waaaaay better game

4: preston,dogmeat and marcy dead the ability to get some real chooses, diffrent endings not just two stupid ones, fixed speech,more enemys and clans, reputation system back,someone else to protect those dumb settlements i'm the general for crying out loud i did't even want to be it weridly, a minutemen ending; the real brotherhood kicking the ass of the fake east coast brotherhood,completly unopen vaults, more unique weapons and guns way more guns type but no pipeguns,fixing the upgrading for armors and cloths,the ability to make our own radio station would have been awesome ,fixing so power don't break so easly;fix the compaions, no more immortality, makes the s.p.e.c.i.a.l. system matter more for dialogs,seening the old vault suits.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  19. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Daaaamn punctuations bro, use them more often! I was trying to read that with no chance to catch my breath!

Jonesy and Lone_Chosen_Dweller like this.
  20. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

Who needs to be sneaky when you have rocks.
    upload_2016-3-16_9-54-4.png