Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skedone

skedone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

here is one for you it REALLY dont like steam link lol or any form of steam in house streaming

• spring_onions

spring_onions Master Chief

Can someone help me know what's causing this:
      An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at StardewValley.Locations.BusStop.doorOpenAfterReturn(Int32 extraInfo)
      at StardewValley.TemporaryAnimatedSprite.update(GameTime time)
      at StardewValley.Locations.BusStop.UpdateWhenCurrentLocation(GameTime time)
      at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
      at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
      at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)

This only happens when I go past the 30th floor of the skull cave and go back to town.
      Other mods that I have are freeze time, easier fishing, and the in-game cheat menu (with only x2 movespeed and infinite HP checked).

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Oh gawd, i was removeing one mod after another until i found out that it is SMAPI that make me lag at my farm. pew.
        Thanks for the fast fix! After updating it, it now works fine again! :)

• Rubim

Rubim Void-Bound Voyager

Hanging on Starting SDV.

[​IMG]

• Pronk

Pronk Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, I just installed SDV on Steam, and tried to launch the API, but I keep getting this error. Not sure whats wrong.

[​IMG]

• Emtu

Emtu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Try installing the latest version of .NET Framework.

• Cygen

Cygen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A big Thank You for releasing the 0.37.3 update of the moding Api. The lag on the Farm Field is now finally gone even without removing a larg amount of grass/trees/rocks. ^^

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Hey, I wanted to ask a question about a specific mod.
                  I would like to improve storage. Instead of 36 items you can put in a chest or the fridge, I'd like to add a new line, to put 48 items.
                  Would it be even feasible ? Would someone know what to do to change this ?

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

Perhaps, but I'm a little reluctant to say for sure.
                    Adding a new-line would mean a UI change which would be a lot more difficult, but there might be ways to have scrolling lists with more than 36.

Ah I've had this problem happen in my development version too. I've not tracked it down yet (not caught it in the debugger yet), but for me restarting the API usually solves it.

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

Emtu is right I think, you'll need to install .NET 4.5 which you can get from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30653
                      It doesn't work on Windows XP, to be honest I'm not sure when I'll get around to looking at making it target 4.0 instead but it's something I want to give a go.

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

I've been interested in this, for now the biggest issue I found is that I am not sure how to make Stardew don't break the save file, I need more information because I can say if it can be done or not though, but I am looking into it... as I am looking in to lots of other things :/ So my efforts are kidna spread thin now.

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Thanks for the replies ! Guess it's much too complex for me to take care of it. I'll be patient until someone, possibly, finds a solution.

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

When installed SMAPI i had a few thing to do:
                            1. .NET Framework 4.5 install
                            2. Set in StawdewModdingAPI.exe the propertys to start as administrator.
                            3. Set in Stawdew Valley.exe the propertys to start as administrator.
                            (4. Add the steam_appid.txt into the Stardew Valley.exe folder.)
                            (5. Change in Steam the gamestart option to "YOUR PATH\Stardew Valley\StardewValleyModdingAPI.exe" %command% )
                            (Dont remove the "" an change YOUR PATH to your path.)
                            (6. Set in Steam.exe the propertys to start as administrator and restart steam.)

The 4, 5 and 6 you only need to do if you want to start it with steam and get the time, archievements and overlay.

Oh, and maybe you should get the latest version of SMAPI (at the moment it is v0.37.3).

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

for some reason unknown to me I didn't needed any of that, but maybe because I am using gog.com version

• Rubim

Rubim Void-Bound Voyager

1. 4.5 Installed (Windows 10 don't let me install 4.5, error saying that i allrdy have the current version)
                                2. Done
                                3. Done

4,5,6 skipped.

• skedone

skedone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I guess I'm the only one who uses steam link then lol.

• kaetzer

kaetzer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hello, i just had my 4th crash after returning from the desert, i thought i should notify you. i have some mods installed, maybe it's one of them though :/

report:
                                    bus returns from desert, drives up to bus stop and right before the player character should exit the application just freezes. no CTD, no warning, just freezes and doesn't respond anymore

the log and console show this error message:
                                    Code:
                                    An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                       at StardewValley.Locations.BusStop.doorOpenAfterReturn(Int32 extraInfo)
                                       at StardewValley.TemporaryAnimatedSprite.update(GameTime time)
                                       at StardewValley.Locations.BusStop.UpdateWhenCurrentLocation(GameTime time)
                                       at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
                                       at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                                       at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                                    mods installed:
                                    CJB's Cheat Menu and Show Sell Value
                                    cantorsdust's Freeze Time Inside
                                    montana123's Instant Geode Processing and Social Menu
                                    hitachihex's No Friendship Decay
                                    dantheman999's Variable Grass Growth

if i were to take a guess, i'd say it's the time freeze mod. i will remove it and see if the error reoccurs. since it's pretty rare i won't know for quite some time

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

You have CJB... for what u have the time one too? CJB's Cheat Menu has also time freeze for Inside, Mine and everywhere...?

• spring_onions

spring_onions Master Chief

I suffer from that too.
                                        I also posted that error on the Freeze Time thread and this is what its dev said:
                                        "Despite the GameTime reference, FreezeInside does not touch that variable, nor does the mod have anything to do with the BusStop. Went and looked over the source and saw no obvious relation. I don't think this is on me."

• kaetzer

kaetzer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just realised that too^^ i use it for the fishing stuff, never really took a closer look at it

that's unfortunate, maybe it is SMAPI :/ do you use any of the other mods i use too?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.