1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Linkdeous Extra Utilities++ [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mod Packs' started by Linkdeous, Mar 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

My sugestion: A craft station that allow one to craft weapons and change its appearence.

The idea is to allow the player the ability to create specific weapons, with the desired appearence and effects.

Since the console command to generate melee and ranged weapons draw from a fixed sprite and effect/skill table to compose the weapon being generated, I think (IMHO) that one could deliberated create weapons in the game in a controled way.

Hope you understood what I said, english is not my native language :)

2. Linkdeous

Linkdeous Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yes, i understood, and yes, that a really good idea :D you mean, crafting random weapon (like the vannila one) but you can CHOSE what your weapon will be like ?

3. Linkdeous

I will search on the net if it's possible to make custom menu and custom weapon liek that, thanks for the idea ^^

4. Linkdeous

By the wat, you mean the like 4 arrow direction or something else ?
    Those one : http://prntscr.com/af57ee

5. Kennethern

Kennethern Phantasmal Quasar

You could use my pseudo, I suppose. I'd prefer it to be the "Ken Headgear", or something of the sort. Also, I meant the "Plus" hairpins that are in Nep Nep's hair.

6. Linkdeous

Ok ^^ i'm making those right after the search for the craft station ^^ I will make the texture now, but i will code it after my little search

7. Linkdeous

Ok, for the custom GUI, i searched, and it's appears that it's not yet implemented ,at least, someone ask the Starbound's creator, but he didn't get answered yet. I will make a sword that you can sell at the same price as you create it, and you will just have to sell/recraft if you don't like the way it have been created

8. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ooh, requests! Here's two off top of head, a fairly simple one and an absurdly complex one :)

It would be nice to have a two-handed version of the grapple gun with two lines, so you could effectively dual-wield grapples by selecting a single item, rather than having to fiddle around selecting two separate ones whenever you want to grapple.

Also, I'd like a mech based on the Thermo-Extreme Bunyip from the "Ty the Tasmanian Tiger" series on GameCube, that has matter manipulators for mining, is immune to all environmental effects, and has a large item pickup radius. I just think it would be fun to have a hazmat mining mech for lava oceans and stuff.

9. Linkdeous

For the nep gear, i have a VERY BIG Problem : The texture are so freaking small, i will try to make the complete armor, becasue the head cross is not very very pretty :rofl:

Kennethern likes this.
  10. Linkdeous

1- Your first ideas would be not that easy, but i can managed to create a dual grappling hook, but i dunno if this will be like terraria for example.
    2-For the mech, that is rather easy, because there is arleady mech in starbound, so i just have to change texture / values ^^

11. whitejpg

whitejpg Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just a suggestion but could you have a table of some sorts which compiles all the objects that will be in this mod so it'll all be accessible from one place?

12. Linkdeous

Very easy, thanks :D i will call it the Extra table, or something like that. Any ideas for the texture ? Something like an anvil, a basic crafting table, ... ?

13. Linkdeous

you mean THIS mecha ? There is also an orange one, so i need to know :rofl:
    [​IMG]

14. Linkdeous

SO, Important . After this post, your ideas will come in the v.2, and not the V.1, the v1 will air out today or the 15/03.
    Directly after the v1, i will work on the V2, so don't worry ^^

It's because i need to upload a ressource, or the mod will be hated by some who dosn't understand the "DON'T DOWNLOAD NOW" :rofl:

i will post your requestin the V.1 only if this is a quick item, like a sword from an anime.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  15. Linkdeous

I will post your ideas in this post, in a prntscreen html link.
    Watch if you like it, tell me what i should change
    For info, i think the vehicle will air out in the v.2, there are EXTREMELY diifcult to code and texture. Sorry, but you will have to wait a little longer ^^

Nepgear hat : http://prnt.sc/af5vpb
    Random Weapon ; Baseball bat : http://prntscr.com/af6h4s
    (Don't mind the Shimakaze wallapaper :rofl:DDD)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  16. whitejpg

whitejpg Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was thinking either a hi-tech compact 3D printer or something similar to the Architect's Table from Nightly (http://starbounder.org/Architect's_Table)

Idea.png

I made this out of some assets for how I feel it should look (its kinda poo bc it's rushed) but you can do whatever ya want because it's your mod :kawaii:

17. Linkdeous

that look really nice, BUT will use instead of the Replicator, i will use the base of the iron crafting table, or the robotic one ^^

whitejpg likes this.
  18. Linkdeous

I will post your ideas in this post, in a prntscreen html link.
    Watch if you like it, tell me what i should change
    For info, i think the vehicle will air out in the v.2, there are EXTREMELY diifcult to code and texture. Sorry, but you will have to wait a little longer ^^

Nepgear hat : http://prnt.sc/af5vpb
    Random Weapon ; Baseball bat : http://prntscr.com/af6h4s
    (Don't mind the Shimakaze wallapaper :rofl:)

19. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

That tank looks amazing so far! Holy buttbutt batman! As for a table idea.... why not a dumpy old computer? Like you go to ebay to buy it?

20. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Also i wanna warn you.

Mods like this tend to have a rampancy issue where the developer gets totally overwhelmed by requests, i sugguest you take only a handful of requests and complete them, once completed update the mod and allow the next group of requests to come in

This is merely a suggestion, its your mod, do as you like

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.