WIP Studio Ghibli Re-Textures

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Crazy_Leen, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Crazy_Leen

Crazy_Leen Phantasmal Quasar

It started with a request for some alternative skins for the scarefrows and now will be a slightly bigger re-texturing of some things to become stuff from Studio Ghibli movies! Below you find the content of the files and the files to download, together with a directiory, so you know where to put what!

-----Scarecrows & Pictures-----
    The scarecrows are re-textured as followed:
    Regular Scarecrow = Turniphead (Howl's Moving Castle)
    Witch = No Face
    Snowman = Totoro (My Neighbour Totoro)
    Tikimask = Laputa Robot (Laputa)
    Dwarf = Cloaked Mononoke (Princess Mononoke)
    Flowerdance Scarecrow = Jiji (well he kinda looks like a regular cat already so it's a little generic xD) (Kiki's Delivery Service)
    Stone Red Panda = The Baron (Whisper of the Heart & The Cat Returns)
    Alien = Porco (Porco Rosso)
    Turniphead = Turniphead's real form (Howl's Moving Castle)

The pictures show the mini Totoros, a forest spirit, Calcifer and No Face.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Zip with all xnb files:
    coming soon

Scarecrows

Stardew Valley > Content > Tilesheets
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2916508/Forum Grafiken/Stardew Valley Forum/Tilsesheet/Craftables.xnb

Have fun!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
      Dozy, leaona0821, fynx and 61 others like this.
    • nprudym

nprudym Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my goodness the weeaboo in me is dying of happiness right now. Thank you so much <3

• rompokus36

rompokus36 Poptop Tamer

pls do all 8 of them !!!

• miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

another cool one could be Baron, the cat (statue/character) from whisper of the heart & the cat returns
          [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
          • Cruxador

Cruxador Poptop Tamer

You're really good at conveying detail effectively in these low resolutions.

• crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

Well an obvious one to add is Turnip Head from Howl's Moving Castle.

• miryuo

he's already in the game :p

• Crazy_Leen

That's a nice idea! I tried but I'm not sure how wel you can actualy see it's the Baron, haha. At one point it just gets difficult cramping detail into a smalls paceX3
                  But I added him for now, letting him replace the stone red panda:
                  [​IMG]

You can get the new version in the startpost.

Any ideas for the last two scarecrows then?

SarahKik likes this.
                  • miryuo

btw its Hayao Miyazaki...
                    hm maybe the forestgod from mononoke or ponyo..?
                    oh, the little dog from howls moving castle? it could have the chicken legs poke out on the side ^^
                    [​IMG]
                    oh and remember not to change turnip head, he's part of the gang!

on another (completely unselfish) note (if you're in the mood at some point..) could you maybe do some of the sumikko gurashi characters as pets *cough* :D

SarahKik likes this.
                    • Crazy_Leen

Fixed the typo <w<" I'm sadly prone to typos a lot x'D I just write too fast x'D

ANyway, I though it'd be nicer to make all of them come froma different movie. I might do Ponyo, depening on what other ideas I mgiht have.

And actually... I'm debating with myself if I maybe should keep on building on the gibli idea. I could edit some other aspects of the game, like the witch that can randomly appear, making her into Kiki, or making the bus into the bus cat from Totoro... maybe <w< I'm not 100% sure yet

(also... I have no idea what sumikko gurashi are. I googled it but there ae so many itty bitty creatures everywhere D: )

SarahKik and GreaterPorpoise like this.
                      • Techonrye

Techonrye Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My wife just handed me this gem. Adding Calcifer to the fire place when it is lit.
                        I agree with Miryou "oh and remember not to change turnip head, he's part of the gang!"
                        For the 7th rare crow maybe something from Arrietty, When Marnie Was There, or even Porco Rosso.

I would be totally on board with you building on the Ghibli idea.

Froyami likes this.
                        • miryuo

maybe one of the tanuki from pom poko?

• miryuo

hehe.. they are "things that live in corners" .. little dustbunny-like lethargic shy slow beings that just walk around and cosy up in corners and small spaces.. they are pretty cute ^^
                            [​IMG]

SarahKik likes this.
                            • Abokado

Abokado Subatomic Cosmonaut

Using the mod and I love it! Thank you so much. :)

• laidjon

laidjon Orbital Explorer

Really nice!! Gonna use this for sure.

• nprudym

nprudym Void-Bound Voyager

I saw you were looking for more ideas and I was trying to brainstorm things that would look good as scarecrows! What about these guys from Spirited Away?
                                  They're so derpy its great :D

tumblr_mrsp31L87k1rms5soo1_500.png

009i66, Octoroket, Crashbox and 2 others like this.
                                  • SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you so much for making these! They're awesome :D I agree that you don't need to replace Turnip Head though, unless you mean the original/default one then yesss!

Teto from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind could be similar to Jiji. I was also thinking the dog from Howl's Moving Castle could be a possibility like someone mentioned. Or maybe Boh from Spirited Away, after he's turned into the mouse/hamster:
                                    [​IMG]

Maybe even Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle? Not sure if he'd work right on there though. Having him in the fires on the braziers would be super neat though.
                                    [​IMG]

There's also the dragon from Tales from Earthsea, if you're trying to have them all from different movies.
                                    [​IMG]

He's a bit big so he might not work either :( But he might be cool as a replacement for the owl flying overhead some nights! :rofl:

I would absolutely use more Studio Ghibli mods too! The Cat Bus and turning the Witch into Kiki sounds awesome!
                                    Maybe even those Warp Statues could be turned into something, like Totoro statues maybe? The furniture/statues/decor for your house would also be a neat outlet for mods for these too. There's a lot available but I don't like the look of most of them. But I'd absolutely use them if they were modded into Studio Ghibli stuff! (sorry I'm getting ahead of myself here! Just excited for this!)

viovasvi and Froyami like this.
                                    • miryuo

maybe the ohmu (with blue/calm eyes) from nausicaƤ? in a top down view?

Mangal2012 and SarahKik like this.
                                      • Maluni

Maluni Void-Bound Voyager

I love this!!
                                        Thank you so much for sharing! :D
                                        Im so using them!

• Crazy_Leen

Alrighty, some more progress :> I think I'll go with the Gibli idea and edit some more stuff than jsut the scarefrows! I therefor also change the title of this thread now.

First off, the last two scarecrows.

[​IMG]

Alien = Porco (Porco Rosso)

And since Turniphead is already in the game... why not make the last scarecrow his real form of the prince?
                                          Turnipshead = Turniphead's real form
                                          Unless I can come up with something more fitting, I'll keep it like this.

I also switched around some designs, so don't worry, I did not get rid of Turniphead (seriously, calm down peeps, I won't edit something that already is from the Ghibli movies xD), but made him the main design of the scarecrows you can actually craft.

I'm going to look through some files now and see what I could replace with some Ghibli stuff.
                                          If you guys have any more ideas, please let me know :3