It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah, I wish there were more Chinese designs in the Fallout games. We've spent a long time in the US, and as much as there is left to explore, I'd love to see the other side of the war and what was happening over there. Surely they would have some survivors, and monstrosities let loose from their labs. It'd make a good interquel game, like New Vegas.

Chrillzilla likes this.
  2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Nick Valentine mentions them briefly I think, one of his dialogues about the other side of the war. It does make one curious, but I supose they dont want the franchise to start looking like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or Metro.

3. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

50 of all common drugs + 5-6 hazmat suits. LOOT QUEST!

Did you guys know there's an easy quest to get 50 of each type common drug with relative ease? This quest can be done at a pretty low level. I recommend somewhere in the level 6+ range. You need to talk to the people in the upper stands of Diamond city. You will witness a bar fight, then talk to the loser. he will start the quest. From there you kill the bartender and go to a drug drop (since bartender was dealer). There is about 10 of each in 5 crates. You have to kill 5-6 peeps to get it though. I recommend power armor since they all immediately unload a clip of SMG into your face no matter what you say. From there you can find their base of operations from the sole survivor of the gunfight (she will sit down like a companion and not die until you finish dialogue and kill her or spare her). The base is at that one processing plant with a 4 leaf clover on it. Its really sneaky, being built into the wall, but the survivor has a map to help you with the puzzle to reveal the door. The puzzle is somewhat hard as there are many ghouls messing it up, so I recommend clearing the area first. Also super mutants nearby, so what out for that too. Once inside kill all the workers and take what little loot the place has (primary loot is the hazmat suits the workers are wearing). This quest takes maybe 5-10 minutes, more if you suck with the puzzle, but its very much worthwhile.

Hope yall meatbags enjoyed your easy drugs. Whether you sold em, used em, or burned them all like a maniac, enjoy the loot!

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Thats... pretty nice advice actually, ty! it also fits with my headcanon character. not as drug consumer, but "provider of goods"

5. Jonesy

I actually did that quest very late into the game, when I had a massive stockpile of chems that I never use. I also didn't choose to kill everyone; instead, sparing one of the original enemies (in doing so gunning down a former ally who tried to shoot her in the back) and honouring my deal with the original questgiver.

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

there are bloody JETPACKS in FO4?!?!

how good are they! how err.. viable are they? I can imagine some shenanigans I could pull off with one of those beauties!!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    Chrillzilla and Jonesy like this.
  7. Jonesy

Jet packs are a mod you can apply to the torso of your power armor. They require investment in your armor and science mod perks, as well as the necessary materials. To use them, they consume action points and fusion core charge. But they are very useful (though rarely essential) for exploration, so they're worth looking into.

Chrillzilla and Corraidhín like this.
  8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

hot diggidy daffodils! uurrrgh, if I wasnt so stubborn on waiting for all the DLC to come out >w< I would be installing it posthaste!

9. Jonesy

I caved and bought the season pass before the price hike. Not that I'll have much time to play the DLC this semester.

10. Solar313

Solar313 Fat Man

Hello! I just finished the main story campaign of FO4 and decided to see if there was a Fallout 4 thread on chucklefish forums. Sure enough, there was.

11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oooh still in school, ouch. Well its already yours! nothing to worry about! im sure the wait ll be worth it!

(also im so gonna try to get a bleeding shotgun, thats gonna be my priority)

no spoilers! (tho I dont really care myself, others might)

12. Solar313

Solar313 Fat Man

Yeah yeah. One most annoying NPC in fallout four: Preston Garvey "Another settlement needs your help"
    Me: WHY DO THESE STUPID SETTLEMENTS NEED ME TO HELP THEM?!?!?!? WHY DONT YOU GO DO IT?!?!?!? I still remember all those hours spent trying to finish helping all those settlements. Hours of my life, slowly ebbing away.

Corraidhín likes this.
  13. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

And that is exactly why I only will work on ...5 setties at most, probably 3 only. I would hate to be having a blast shooting someones face off only to be so rudely interrupted by people I already built a home for <w<

14. Jonesy

*university

Believe it or not, I began to find those radiant quests a lot more useful in the post-ending game, since I've been doing some occasional level grinding to get my level up for the DLC. The Railroad missions are best for it (one offers 400xp, or something like that), but the Minutemen ones are good filler while they recharge.

Corraidhín likes this.
  15. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

I have really low charisma, so most quests end up with me shooting something fully automatic into someones face.

Corraidhín likes this.
  16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

You are just "letting your gun do the talking," friend :p

17. Jonesy

My Charisma is maxed out, because of the settlement mechanic. More Charisma, more settlers.

18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I ve seen you can install artillery on your setties, does that mean you can have support fire from anywhere on the map? or it comes at a limited range? also I know it might sound like a strange question, but whats the benefit of having more settlers?

19. Jonesy

Artillery has limited range; about five map squares. The more settlements with artillery you have, the more coverage you have.

The more settlers you have, the more things you can have them do. Grow food, scavenge materials, man supply lines between settlements, etc. With 10 Charisma, you can have 20 settlers in any settlement you like, but generally you won't need that many settlers in most settlements (most of mine have four or five). But I do have some 'hubs' for supply lines, which have a high population of settlers who are mostly out on supply runs with other settlements. And a couple of settlements where I left the recruitment beacon on by mistake, which left me with more settlers than I needed.

Corraidhín likes this.
  20. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Huh... thats a lot of people for a place that got bombed beyond recognition. That hub idea is pretty smart actually, altho im pretty stubborn and will probably only bother with very little setties. Unless the artillery is as nice as it sounds... the more booms the better