1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition 1.16a

6 Excessively Destructive mechsuits - Cheerful Giraffe

1. Kennethern

Kennethern Phantasmal Quasar

What exactly is the XS R-11? Either way, I've never seen mechs stop responding to controls, other than the Pirated Rho when I severely damaged it. You could try repairing the mech, or clean installing the mod.

2. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

A similar thing happened to me earlier today. Just quit the game and load the character up again- the mech should become responsive again.

On another note, I realize the author is trying to fix this, but you may want to put some extreme thought into the mech prices with the vehicle salesman. I was able to buy the Elite Sigma at Tier 3 and one-shot Dreadwing and the Floran hunting party boss.
    I don't mean to keep people from enjoying the mod, but I'd suggest either lowering the mechs' damage or raising the price so you can't buy Go-To-Tier-6-Free passes for the same price as a hoverbike.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Relten likes this.
  3. Atromixx

Atromixx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello I am Currently Trying to make a mech of my own and I was wondering how do you change the muzzle flash and projectile locations? I have finished it except the muzzle flash and bullets are about 10 pixels below my barrels. I can't seem to find the code mostly due to the fact that I can't understand lua and that I was just looking through the files, searching for some numbers and a bit of text in a sea of text and numbers.

4. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

projectile spawn location (at least in xs mechs) is set in the .animation file (on 'frontArm' and 'backArm' parts)
    i believe the vanilla mechs are the same

Atromixx likes this.
  5. Atromixx

Atromixx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright that fixed it. Thanks!

6. Freddy_Millz

Freddy_Millz Void-Bound Voyager

So while Im more then ecstatic that someone has brought my all time fav mod back to life, I must confess that im having a time tring to get it to work. Ive placed it in the proper folder an all but they are no were to be found in the vendor's inventory. I even logged on to an old character of mine's and tried looking in the robotics table...still nothing. I have no clue what im doing wrong here...

7. Reydomx

Reydomx Void-Bound Voyager

Make sure to put it in Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods

8. Freddy_Millz

yea, Im more then positive that the mod is in the right location. Ive taken it out and reinstalled dozens of times with no results. I got nothing.

9. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

thats weird.. never had an issue on any of the copies ive tried it on
    check your starbound.log file (in the giraffe_storage folder) near top it lists all the assets & mods it finds, and their location

if something weird is going on, it shoud say so in log

10. Freddy_Millz

I got it running finally. Had to uninstall my entire game then reinstall. Pretty weird but at least im happy now. Thanks!!!

LoPhatKao likes this.
  11. TheCreeperCyborg

TheCreeperCyborg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:cancel:WARNING:cancel: DO NOT USE THE RONIN RHO AGAINST THE MECHARACNID, IF YOU DO THEN THE LAG WILL RAPE YOU :zombie:

12. DDrazard

DDrazard Starship Captain

Thanks for the mod, I didn't used it again, but with your commentary, I am sure it is awesome.

Oh and last thing, I just want to know if it have a great impact if I remove it from my game (I got a mod that I can't remove now because it does crash the game if I do).

13. TheWorstPersonEver

TheWorstPersonEver Cosmic Narwhal

Is there supposed to be naked legs sticking out from the normal rho and pirated rho when you move in them?

14. JaegerPanzerkrieg

JaegerPanzerkrieg Space Spelunker

This is the first time I comment on a mod.

Just letting you know, this is mind-blowing.

15. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

ok somewhere in last week of april, these stopped working on nightly

to fix, need to change 1 line in the 4 xsm_***mech.lua files
    change all instances of "gunDamageLevelMultiplier" to either "weaponDamageLevelMultiplier" or "mosterPowerLevelMultiplier"

16. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

big thanks to GamingByGaslight
    he spotlit xs mechs and yellow submarine mods in Cheerful Giraffe nightly
    ( crashes are the result of nightly, not the mods ;))

17. Gameguru09

Gameguru09 Void-Bound Voyager

I noticed that I wasn't taking any damage with my Sigma when I spawned it in.

Monsters would attack and no damage numbers would appear. I sat and tanked the Penguin mech for 10 minutes and didn't die, I REEEAAAALLLY want to use this mod but I can't until the damage gets fixed because it breaks the balance too much.

18. Frostybrand

Frostybrand Void-Bound Voyager

Brings up a good point. Can they be disabled due to damage? It seems outside of walking through something that touches my character sprite (deep acid/lava, explosions bigger then sigma, etc.) its essentially god mode.

19. eddyhamilton

eddyhamilton Big Damn Hero

HALP! I installed this mod, crafted the rhonin and theta, tried to place one, and got a crash. So, I uninstalled it, and now I cannot open that character, it crashes, single and multiplayer.

http://pastebin.com/1aH5CE8f

EDIT: The crash may, or may not, have been caused by trying to place the mechs on my ship, and/or trying to use this in multiplayer. I fixed the second crash by simply reinstalling the mod. It would appear I am stuck with the mod on this character until starcheat re-enables quest editing. In the mean time I will avoid placing the mechs indoors.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  20. Vayporz

Vayporz Void-Bound Voyager

Does it work on Nightly?