RELEASED Pet Replacements

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by WildSpirits, Mar 3, 2016.

1. apyja0607

apyja0607 Seal Broken

Zhuria made a white horse (kinda, cause she named it Gray. I don't know if that's a kind of horse, I'm not an expert LOL:DD).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
      Neonova likes this.
    • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

There's not really such a thing as a white horse - they're called gray/grey (the colour). (there technically is, but they're uncommon and they're called dominant white, and they have pink skin, not black) The two in the photos above are gray (they're born dark and turn white over time) The more you know~

(also I'm a she :rofl:)

Neonova likes this.
      • hikarushirou

hikarushirou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

::sees border collie, immediately downloads:: Yaaasss, I love collies, they work so well with farm life! <3

• Crazyfool319

Crazyfool319 Space Hobo

Trying to patiently wait for the shiba.

• apyja0607

apyja0607 Seal Broken

Learned something new and sorry bout the gender confusion. LOL (*Edited)

Neonova and Zhuria like this.
            • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

No problem, and always happy to teach someone something they didn't know :D

Neonova likes this.
              • Neonova

Neonova Big Damn Hero

Thank you guy and miss for helping me out. Zhuria I liked your gray horse, if you don't mind, may you make a brighter version, with a slightly darker muzzle and without the saddle? [the second image for reference]
                (also, you should teach me how to change the sprites, so I can make them for my own the next time) Thanks in advance. :)

*Edit*
                (I've never seen a gray horse IRL so I didn't know they were called gray, not white) :s

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
                • Sineenard

Sineenard Poptop Tamer

I need to see Applejack mod. ^_^

[​IMG]

Neonova likes this.
                  • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Here you go :D

[​IMG]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbyzuel35u9pap3/horse.xnb?dl=0

Colleen95, miryuo and Neonova like this.
                    • apyja0607

apyja0607 Seal Broken

Well if you want to do it your self.
                      I use these so I recommend using XNB Node for extracting the png from the xnb file, XNB Builder for converting the png to an xnb file (which needs the Microsoft XNA Game Studio, you cant use that if your running Windows 8 or Newer so use this which needs Microsoft Visual Studio depending on what which you choose.), and finally an image manipulating software like Photoshop or GIMP(Free).

(I don't know if I'm allowed to link directly to the download page, I just want to reduce the hassle of looking for them):cautious:

(you could just extract the png from the xnb file using XNB Node, edit the sprite, then ask the people here to convert them to an xnb file :giggle::giggle::giggle:)

• CosyAlligator

CosyAlligator Aquatic Astronaut

Okay I've only edited sprites a couple times for this game, to make my babies/toddlers cuter and to make my farmer cuter, but I only used XNB Node. I didn't need XNB Builder or anything, you can use XNB Node to repack it into a .xnb file.

Anywho, as someone with no experience in anything like this, I followed this guide step by step on how to do it and it was really straightforward ^-^

• apyja0607

apyja0607 Seal Broken

Well I'm dumb then for not finding the guide, I just searched "how to extract png from xbn" then xnb node was shown, then searched for "how to convert png to xnb" then XNB Builder was shown so...:facepalm:

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Yep, you only need XNB Node! It does everything you need! And that's the guide I used, too :)

CosyAlligator likes this.
                            • Sasakitty

Sasakitty Void-Bound Voyager

Would using this mod affect steam to prevent achievement awards?

• Beroin

Beroin Space Spelunker

Shameless thread plug here, but I've been working on my own sets of dog replacement skins, with the German Shepherd completed, so the OP (Wildspirits), can possibly work on other breeds, as well as what I'm currently working on here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/new-pet-skins-beroins-mod.109346/#post-2815747

The "mod" itself is actually a texture replacement, changing the dog sprite sheet in the game to something else. The game will load the file just fine, and won't stop steam from giving achievements, because all the files are still there, even if replaced.

• EpicAdventure

EpicAdventure Zero Gravity Genie

• Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just throwing this out there for anyone who might want to tackle it but I'd love to see a Husky or an Alaskan Malamute dog replacement/retexture. A Great Pyrenees would be cool too but that's as far as my request list goes. (Love the Border Collie by the way)

• Recklessxlove

Recklessxlove Space Hobo

I'd love to see a fawn and/or brindle Boxer! brindle_boxer_puppy_2_by_marchuntilmay-d3063aa.jpg baby-beautiful-boxer-brown-cute-Favim.com-407511.jpg

• kaine.the.klone

kaine.the.klone Space Hobo

Yo, I was thinking, since I made my character Jade Harley from Homestuck, why not try and have her trusty god-dog, Becquerel, on her farm?
                                      Here's some reference photos:
                                      [​IMG]
                                      [​IMG]
                                      And I might want God Cat, so here's the only reference photo:
                                      [​IMG]

• apyja0607

apyja0607 Seal Broken

I made a thread here.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016