1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded FurryBound Revival - A furry friendly Starbound server!

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Geodeek, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Hiuki

Hiuki Pangalactic Porcupine

lol, calm down and take a breath, mate. remember your punctuation. xP

2. pokemonhuggies

pokemonhuggies Aquatic Astronaut

Fine,will you be on?

Hiuki likes this.
  3. pokemonhuggies

hey alex Nanette please reply anyone can add me on steam look for Malena the Foxtaur

4. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Good server, just started playing on it. A problem, though, is crashing to desktop game/server sided or client sided?

5. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

That depends. Did you install the modpack?

6. baconsama25

Ohh, forgot to mention that it was normal ( despite a bit laggy ), until I died, then CTD.

7. pokemonhuggies

thx

8. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

I'd just like to point out the munari mod is now allowed in mod packs with authors consent.

9. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

The modpack is so huge that it lags every single thing I do. It takes 10+ minutes to open up starbound. If there's even 1 small structure, my frames go from 50 to 5 FPS. Some mods need to be removed. I can't just move the mods in and out. It takes about 20 minutes just to move them over and over, and it's really tedious.

10. baconsama25

Problem is, many mods bind the character to the saves ( even small ones might do so ), so to make a big clean of things a wipe might be necessary. However if it is, it might be possible to at least trade ships so you can have what you had, and quests/beamaxe should be easy through offline admin mode.

However I strongly agree that it needs to wipe out several mods, especially the outdated.

11. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Character binding mods are much less common than they used to be. And its easy to test. Just remove the mod, see if your character is still there. If not, put it back in, and find out why. You can remove recipes and tech with starcheat, I believe, which should unbind you.

12. baconsama25

There's the matter of codices and especially the hidden/custom stats, which can't be edited ( or at least without a lot of effort ).

13. Royaltop

Royaltop Astral Cartographer

This looks like an interesting server community, plus the sheer massive amount of mods allowed makes me happy.

14. Creeping_Ender

Creeping_Ender Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason there is an an error saying that I'm already logged in, What do I do? My IGN is Starbird if its needed

15. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

That is a problem I haven't yet found the cause of. All you can do is use a different character and wait until it shows your bugged character log off. Or play singleplayer for a while while waiting if you want to keep using that character.

16. pokemonhuggies

hi star bird it did that to me to just now after kicking me off

17. pokemonhuggies

its me malena

18. baconsama25

The wired padlocks has an update in the latest discussion pages and it's working like a charm!

19. Geodeek

Geodeek Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, good to know! I'll see if we can get consent.

Yeah, that's not good... I've heard similar things from others as well, so slimming down the pack is definitely a priority. In the meantime, I'd recommend at least removing StarMounts. It is pretty much broken and I've heard reports of performance increases after removing it.

This is due to Starbound's built in AFK kicker. When the wrapper briefly hangs, it causes the underlying server to think everyone is AFK, causing them to be kicked. The problem is that the wrapper doesn't realize the player has been kicked and assumes they are still logged in. It isn't until the wrapper's (stupidly long) timeout is reached that you can log back in.
    I've been trying to develop a workaround for this but it hasn't been all that easy.... I can identify when a player has become stuck, but can't kick them from the wrapper as it has no RCON functions. The only option left is to build a plugin for the wrapper, but I don't actually know the language it's written in. :/

Thanks for mentioning that! I'll make sure to update it in the next cumulative update.

LOL BALL and Lindazana like this.
  20. Dunto

Dunto Guest

/lurk 0

You could also try adjusting (or setting, if it's using the default) timeout to make it much smaller. What wrapper are you using?