Modding Help Will Art Mods Still Work After Updates?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by zatel, Mar 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. zatel

zatel Aquatic Astronaut

2. Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

AFAIK art mods should be good, unless the update specifically altered the files that the artist edited. Mods using various APIs may break until the API/mod are fixed.

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Yeah, like Kamirose said. If only the Grafik on the file is changed, nothing will happen at all.
      It could only get replaced from a Update when it give a new file for that cuz its a new grafic or similar.

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had to reinstall all of my portrait, animal, character, and loose sprite mods after this last update on Thursday I think it was. So, maybe? I really don't know what the update targeted so I have no idea why I had to reinstall everything.

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

For me the Update didn't removed any of my Mods & graphical and api-based. So, no idear about that.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

The update removed a mod in the cursors file, but that's because the cursors sheet changed to add the zoom buttons.

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, good to know. Maybe my problem was related to something else then. Thanks, you two :)

• GamerAmelli

GamerAmelli Poptop Tamer

Perhaps you could change the files to read only so steam cannot over-write the files on updates?