RELEASED Skirt/Dress for Male or Female Farmer & Round Face for Males

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Alex_01, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Alex_01

Alex_01 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Screens.png
    (Dress for Female Farmer)

I saw that there were others who wanted this and I thought I would give it a go. This is my first time attempting something like this and honestly I think it turned out better than I expected. It's not perfect, but I may as well have been going in completely blind. If anyone has seen the contents of the edited .xnb you'll understand what I mean.

The following animations I have tested are:

- Walking
    - Running
    - Using basic axe/hoe/pick axe
    - Using watering can
    - Using sickle/sword

I have not tested out the more uncommon animations, like shock/fear, etc. but I believe they should hopefully work without any issues.

I haven't played much of the game (About 5hrs). So, any other animations or sprites that may appear later in the game I am unable to test in-game as of yet.

I was already doing this for myself because I wanted to make my character, 'Adult Malon' from LoZ:OoT. But, since others have requested it, I thought I may as well post it up here for everyone.

If anyone discovers something that looks broken, please let me know and I'll try my best to fix it.

Installation:

Navigate to your Stardew Valley Installation folder and copy file/s to:
    Content/Characters/Farmer

Don't forget to make a backup of the original .xnb file/s before overwriting

I hope you all like it!

EDIT:

• I've added my own Round Face Mod for Male Farmers. If there are any issues, let me know.
    • I've added a shorter skirt for Female Farmers (Normal and Beret's Face) Although it's more of a "shorter boots to reveal some ankle/leg mod". It is fully compatible with all skin tones and boots. If there are any issues, let me know.

Screenshots:

Screens1.png

Screens2.png

Screens3.png

Screens4.png

Screens5.png

Screens6.png

'Alternate' Male Swimwear for Male Skirt v3 by cure:

http://community.playstarbound.com/attachments/farmer_base-zip.144698/
    FIqymgy.jpg

Changelog:

- Added edited .xnb files for Malon as a separate download, as well as Instructions on how to recreate her.
    - Added a v2 for Female Skirt; With improved shading.
    - Added Male Skirt.
    - Added a v3 for Female Skirt; Fixed annoying gap between boots when facing away from camera, including skirt fix by PotatOSLament.
    - Added a v2 for Male Skirt; Same adjustments as v3 Female Skirt.
    - Added a v4 for Female Skirt; Minor tweaks to skirt including boot fix by PotatOSLament.
    - Added Female Skirt/Dress mod v4 + Beret's Face Mod.
    - Added Male Skirt/Dress mod v2 + Round Face Mod.
    - Added Round Face Mod for Males (No Skirt).
    - Fixed Beret's/Round Face Mod Hairstyle 32 bug.
    - Added a v5 for Female Skirt; Fixed skirt being too low while walking left/right (pointed out by calikii) as well as floating boots while walking left/right.
    - Added a v3 for Male Skirt; Same adjustments as v5 Female Skirt.
    - Updated Round Face mods; Same adjustments as v5 Female Skirt/v3 Male Skirt.
    - Added a v4 for Male Skirt (Updated Round Face version too!); Female wardrobe malfunction.
    - Added link for 'Alternate' Male Swimwear for Male Skirt v3 by cure.
    - Added a Shorter Skirt for Female Farmer (Normal and Beret's Face).
    - Added a v5 for Male Skirt (Updated Round Face version too!); Fixed shading when running left/right, fixed boots when using sickle left/right.
    - Added a v2 for Shorter Skirt; Fixed large boot when running left/right. (Updated Beret's Face version too!)
    - Added screenshots for the alternate versions of my mod.
    - Added a Shorter Skirt for Male Farmer (Normal and Round Face).

________Malon
    Malon.png _

Mod Thread:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...mer-round-face-for-males.109734/#post-2820298

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
      Jsan, HiHaHi123, Kagea and 40 others like this.
    • Qwynn

Qwynn Industrial Terraformer

If you would ever be so kind to make a version for male characters as well, that'd be great.

I need a nice yellow sundress in spring to go with my daisy. =<

kman.awesomeguy likes this.
      • jml

jml Orbital Explorer

This looks amazing, and I'm so glad someone decided to undertake this. I immediately downloaded it and tried it out. I do have one minor criticism, however: it may look better if it were shaded more evenly, the way Haley's and Penny's skirts are. But that's all I can really think of to say about it; great work.

Also: you may want to put this in the mod repository; as far as I know the moderators are trying to get mod authors to move them onto there. The mod page will make its own thread after you put it in there, but you can just ask a moderator to merge it with this one.

Alex_01 likes this.
        • sunbean

sunbean Void-Bound Voyager

This is great, I love it! I hope you don't mind if I make some minor modifications to this?

Alex_01 likes this.
          • alan88

alan88 Void-Bound Voyager

i love this..ty so much:nuruflirt:

• swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

Thanks ..LOVE it....:nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt:

Alex_01 likes this.
              • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

looks great :)

Alex_01 likes this.
                • Alex_01

I can try. Hopefully, the pants sprites for males are the same or near identical so I won't have to redraw every one.

Thanks for the advice, that's a good idea. Honestly, I was just happy it was in the shape of a skirt, but I will try my best to make it look a little better. :nurutease:

Thank you. :nuruflirt: I don't mind at all, have fun!

• cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Himbeerninja likes this.
                  • deathCorporate

deathCorporate Void-Bound Voyager

how do i make malon i want to use it with my epona?

• cure

cure Big Damn Hero

You mean change appearance? Get 4 hearts with the Wizard and then go to the hatch at the back of the tower and pay 500 at the shrine. To change your name, Get the Stardew Valley Save Editor. (Which can also change appearance)

• Qwynn

Qwynn Industrial Terraformer

Huzzah! =3

Alex_01 likes this.
                        • Himbeerninja

Himbeerninja Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah I was wondering if someone could combine the skirt mod +rounder face mod pls? Atm I'm struggeling which one to use..cannot decide ^^

cure likes this.
                          • Alex_01

I added Malon, along with directions on how to recreate her as a separate download. Have fun!

• deathCorporate

deathCorporate Void-Bound Voyager

thank you

Alex_01 likes this.
                              • StardewLaunchPlayer

StardewLaunchPlayer And Do the MONKEY!

This is great! I'm currently using it. Someone else asked for a yellow dress, I would LOVE that color as well if you're up to making it.

• Alex_01

Thanks, the problem with that is the mod is a replacement only for the pants. So, the only way to achieve this, is to colour it yellow and wear a matching yellow shirt.

StardewLaunchPlayer likes this.
                                  • StardewLaunchPlayer

StardewLaunchPlayer And Do the MONKEY!

Ooooh! Dummy me! See, I installed it but didn't try to recolor. I understand now. Thanks!

Also, does anyone know how to change shoe color? OP's picture has brown shoes but my character's shoes are purple. D:

• Alex_01

I added a Skirt/Dress option for males too, I hope you like it! Let me know if you run into any problems.

I added a v2 in an attempt to make it look a little better, I hope it's to your liking.

StardewLaunchPlayer likes this.
                                      • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

I'm going to give it a shot, (combining the two mods) just wondering though, what program are most people using for editing these .png files? all I can think of is paint or photoshop really.