Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Got my yamls packed into their sweet potato pie - dialogue, schedules, dispositions et all.
    However, I'm not yet seeing the new NPC in question. Any thoughts on what could be causing that?
    It's all very rudimentary, but I'm certain it should work as is. When I'm back from work I'll post what I've got, but any 'did you check to see it was plugged in/turned off, and then on' advice'd be appreciated.

• KissBally

KissBally Void-Bound Voyager

>w< i think i need more girl mod add new npc i think that good i need Popuri in HVM and Mist in RFF thk for you mods guy

• stringstorm

stringstorm Astral Cartographer

Hello everyone. :)

I kinda want to jump into the modding scene. To this, I kinda want to make a rule 63 harem mod just because :p Nothing too fancy. Just reskinning the guys into girls and vice versa. I looked up the guide on steam but I was utterly confused on what to download and what to do next. Also, do we have some sort of character sprite sheet editor that we can use? :p

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

• ravi

ravi Void-Bound Voyager

You want to use command
          xnb_node.cmd extract Content/Animals/cat.xnb cat
          without extenstion
          script create folder with name cat and correct png file inside

Flareon likes this.
          • Flareon

Flareon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I removed my post from here since the OP had asked discussion to move, but thank you!

I tried using what you said and I got this as a result. It is not a folder and won't open with PS or anything else. I'm not sure what I did wrong. ;; I'm sorry I'm so clueless!

• ravi

ravi Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, ma bad.

Create folder cat in another place on disk, copy cat.xnb there.
              Create folder with random name (cat_extract for example) and run script with command

xnb_node.cmd extract cat cat_extract
              From folder to folder.

Flareon likes this.
              • Flareon

Flareon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you SO much! This solved everything for me. :D

• Keenencates

Keenencates Space Hobo

Hello friends, I'm new to modding, but I have pretty decent experience with OOP in java and c#. I think I can probably manage once I get rolling. I want to add a craft able tool to the game (I would rather not disclose my idea, so no one makes the mod before me), but I'm trying to discern how to even get started. The current guides seem to explain how to replace things in the game and modify things, but I want to add a totally new object.

Am I out of my element on this?

EDIT: Sorry, I switched to the new thread and my questions were answered.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
                  • vyvy

vyvy Void-Bound Voyager

i hope someone will put PONY in to the game as horse xD

• vroomsegway

vroomsegway Void-Bound Voyager

can we have another audio mod guide coz @Drogean guide is shit and not properly specified

Drogean likes this.
                      • vroomsegway

vroomsegway Void-Bound Voyager

@Drogean
                        Sorry for being a complete jackass. :/ I just want to change the audio and it got me frustrated for not be able to understand your tutorial.
                        Can I ask you to update your guide?

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

theres nothing to update

Rupert484 and keyten like this.
                          • bloc97

bloc97 Void-Bound Voyager

• Kirbyarm

Kirbyarm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Regarding Draivin's latest posted XNB Node.

How come when I unpack the stardew directory some of the png files have major discoloring issues, particularly on pixels that are supposed to be partially transparent?

Also, I use the command "xnb_node.cmd extract Content\Animals\cat.xnb cat.png" and a png file appears, but it can't be loaded by any image editor, it says it's corrupt or too large. I can only properly open and edit the files if I extract entire directories.

Lastly, what is the proper command to pack a single file back into its single xnb file? I got a stacktrace error when I used "xnb_node.cmd pack testout\Animals\cat.png cat.xnb" ...

I have read the pack and unpack webpage explaining the steps so I am aware of them and have tried them but these problems aren't going away no matter how many times I try to redo the steps. Please can anyone help?

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

It's because you're not reading the new thread where this question has already come up once and been answered.

http://community.playstarbound.com/...g-discussion-redux.109131/page-2#post-2817261

IF YOU ARE READING THIS, POST IN THE NEW THREAD. NO ONE IS WATCHING OR UPDATING THIS ONE ANY MORE.
                              http://community.playstarbound.com/...-and-general-modding-discussion-redux.109131/

keyten likes this.
                              • teshin

teshin Aquatic Astronaut

how to do Direct X Software Kit a custom install?

• teshin

teshin Aquatic Astronaut

Please make a video for tutorial.

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you run it, and uncheck what you dont want

• apyja0607

apyja0607 Seal Broken

Hey, I am having problems with the transparency with XNB Node 0.2.1, or is it meant to be that way?

(These are the window sunlight thingy from Cursors.xnb file)
                                      Here's an example of a png extracted with 0.2.1:
                                      [​IMG]
                                      And here's an example of a png extracted with 0.1.2(with that double dot issue):
                                      [​IMG]
                                      I assure you, I did not mix them up.

Maybe I'm just dumb, or my PC is the problem.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.