Can't Crush Geodes at Smithy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ananisapta, Mar 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ananisapta

Ananisapta Space Hobo

I have accumulated several geodes in my first spring of clearing my farm. I took them to the smithy and tried to lay them on the anvil as instructed. All I get is an announcement of whose anvil this is. I can't seem to leave the geode there. Any hints?

• bsctgod

bsctgod Void-Bound Voyager

The option to crack open geodes is in the shop menu with Clint the Blacksmith.

• Ananisapta

Ananisapta Space Hobo

And he says, 'Put it on the anvil' which doesn't work. A possibility is that I entered right before closing time so he quit work while I was in the shop. I'll try again tomorrow.

• sorrymyfault

sorrymyfault Phantasmal Quasar

you have to talk to clint while he is at work, there will be the option "process geode"(when you got some with you) and than a window apares with clint and his anvil, than you drag the geode from your inventory to the anvil, your inventory will be allready open at this point. you are clicking on the anvil that is just decor

• xnoirel

xnoirel Big Damn Hero

lol, you have to drag the geodes onto the images above the conversation, not literately to the anvil in the house

• Ananisapta

Ananisapta Space Hobo

AND you have to be there well before closing time. I've spent a lot of time around smaller communities and NOTHING ever starts or ends on time! For the dev I would suggest at least 30 minutes after announced closing to lock door and not leaving until current customers are served. Opening times might more realistically be randomized up to 15' before and after posted.

;-)

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

If inventory is full then you won't be able to break, as it won't let you. The only exception to this is if you are on the last geode.

Also keep in mind the small fee for each time you crack one open.

• sorrymyfault

sorrymyfault Phantasmal Quasar

25g

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

yeah small fee. :nurutease:

• meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

Yeah rather than trying to place them on the anvil in the open shop you have to open the conversation/dialogue window, choose the geode option and then place them on the anvil in that window.