WIP Furry skins

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Baromeus, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Nabsaurus

Nabsaurus Big Damn Hero

Honestly, not a huge fan of furry, but I will say you done an outstanding job here, with Abigail being my favourite bachelorette, she looks pretty adorable with those cat ears. x) Kudos to you.

• ChewyChronos

ChewyChronos Void-Bound Voyager

A Spectacled Flying Fox, to be more specific. So cute.

• Baromeus

Baromeus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

quite a wish... dunno if i can do it, but its worth a try... should i do it with or witout "wings"... *g*

TeddyBearYoshi likes this.
        • ChewyChronos

I think just a pair of small, cute wings on the back would be sufficient. Just enough to understand he's supposed to be a bat and not a brown opossum.

TeddyBearYoshi likes this.
          • TeddyBearYoshi

TeddyBearYoshi Subatomic Cosmonaut

I feel like Gus would be a good frog, for some reason he just reminds me of Grippy from Star Fox, lol. A half-suggestion but more of a random idea.

Also, I personally think Linus would be way better as a Raccoon than a bear, he looks more like one IMO and the way he goes through trash and stuff is very reminiscent of racoon-like behavior, especially since George even thought he was one.

I never knew how much I wanted this until now.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
            • Baromeus

ikr, TheCatUnderTheSink and ChewyChronos idea is great.
              btw. since you said that gus looks like slippy i can't get this picture out of my head... he looks indeed like him

• Ink Dragon

Ink Dragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance we could get some non-mammalian species in there? Like Lizards, Birds, maybe a frog?
                Wizard would be a good candidate for any of the above since I know most people don't like the less cuddly animals and he is pretty out of the way.

Other suggestions,
                Sandy as a Coyote?
                Mr. Qi as blue poison dart frog, Blue Whiptail Lizard(Cnemidophorus arubensis), or a electric blue gecko

Also would you be willing to consider Demetrius as a Bat?

• ChewyChronos

I think Demetrius could be changed into something non-mammalian. I see him as a reptile kind of guy.

• Baromeus

Someone did say that Gus would make a good frog (starfox reference :D) and i guess thats a good one. Demetrius... well i hav no idea what i will make out of him... i will think about it just go ahead and make some more suggestions, sure i can't promise i will take every thing you trow at me but more heads have more ideas ;)

• jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

Can we turn the dwarf into a turtle or something? hehe

• Calacene

Calacene Phantasmal Quasar

Given that Gunther is an archaeologist, that has me thinking something like a badger, mole, or even a rabbit (I do love rabbits)

• Qwynn

Qwynn Industrial Terraformer

I was going to suggest Demetrius as perhaps a goat and Maru as a sheep, but Demetrius would also be a good candidate for something reptilian. I do like the panda idea as well, though.

I love Sebastian, but I have a hard time imaging what he could be. Bat is a pretty good idea, but I'd also even say something like a cat.

Come to think of it -- What about a crow for Sebastian? Both are quick witted, smart, and skittish. Robin could be avian as well and take after her namesake.

Ink Dragon likes this.
                          • Baromeus

finished portrait from Alex, hope you like it. will make the sprites later.

• TeddyBearYoshi

TeddyBearYoshi Subatomic Cosmonaut

I meant more of Grippy, Slippy's father but there's not much of a difference haha.

Consider this: Dwarf Hamster. O:

Wow, that's adorable. It seems very fitting for him.

• Marxon

Marxon Supernova

It's quality spriting indeed.

• Baromeus

Dwarf hamster, eh? ... sounds like this could be fun... well next is caroline.. just did the bouncer, since he is not only a side but a side side character i didn't put to much effort in him... sry 'bout that

• Baromeus

haha, well i don't think so... there are a bunch of artists out there who would laugh 'bout this and would be right ;) but i guess this much is getting the job done and i hope some people will have fun with it... i for myself will be happy about the use of this and the expirience i gain :)

• Qwynn

Qwynn Industrial Terraformer

A few more suggestions for consideration.

Rasmodius (Wizard) as a rat, because if that name doesn't conjure visions of a rat wizard, I don't know what does.

I know you have Jodi and Kent listed as dogs, but hear me out on this: That family (Jodi, Kent, Sam, and Vincent) are great candidates for being reptilian/amphibian. I thought of it this morning when thinking about possibilities for Sam who I ended up liking as a bearded lizard (it's something about his hair I think).

Jodi as a newt, Kent as a komodo dragon, Sam as a bearded dragon, and Vincent as an adorable gecko.

Thoughts?

• Baromeus

sounds intresting... nut sure if i can make lizzards that good tho... maybe i will try both... i mean... it wouldn't hurt to have some variation or alternatives ;)

• ValkyriaRose

ValkyriaRose Void-Bound Voyager

Is it just me, or does Light version of Abigail have some weird little misplaced white pixels above her head?