It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I keep trying, but I've never managed it yet. I've been meaning to level up my Luck at some point, so maybe that'll help.

2. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

It takes a while, but yes. It is possible. I have managed to get it once. It still sits in my settlement.

3. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

You haven't been having power problems? I keep running out of power for the Castle, and the generators are starting to pile up. Also, the generators are kind of loud and ugly.

I neglected my luck stat, now I'm paying for it in time spent on Port-A-Diners.

4. Jonesy

That doesn't really answer my question. Are the fusion cores going to be used in some sort of higher-capacity generator?

5. SparklySheep

SparklySheep Void-Bound Voyager

6. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

That's what I would assume. There isn't anything for sure about fusion core generators anyways, somebody just saw one in the background of a DLC screenshot, and it looked like it was powering things.

7. Jonesy

8. SparklySheep

I like this one the best. Metro 2033 added that in and it made the game infinitely more enjoyable.

All of these seem to make the game a lot more fun since the base game was relatively easy, especially if you're a melee focused character.

Jonesy likes this.
  9. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I'm kind of curious how a melee character will work in Survival mode without the Blitz perk.

10. Jonesy

Taking a break from Fallout 4, I'm thinking about reinstalling Fallout: New Vegas sometime soon (since I had to replace my harddrive a while back). After reading a bit on TV Tropes, I was thinking about doing a good karma run with Caesar's Legion to see what happened. But now I'm leaning more towards Mr House.

So, has anyone sided with either of them? If so, what were your impressions of working with them?

11. SparklySheep

I sided with Mr. House the first time I played. The only thing I didn't really like about working with him is that you have to destroy the Brotherhood of Steel base. He's extremely authoritarian in how he handles things but he's also a genius that knows how to revitalize a city in under a decade. He's like the Justinian to the game's Caesar. Extremely ambitious and blinded by idealism that he'll do anything to reach those goals to see an old empire return from the ashes.

Jonesy likes this.
  12. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Any expert FO4 blender, 3DSMax, or Maya users here? I have been (slowly) working on a design for an anthropomorphic power armour (tail, digitigrated feet, claw-like gauntlets, plated helmed with ears) and I was wondering if its even possible in the first place to create custom pieces for power armour. If yes, ill keep working on my design.

edit: by digitigrated feet, I mean a slightly altered look, not truly digitigrated.

Jonesy likes this.
  13. Jonesy

Oh man, I want to see this when it's done.

14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hehe I hope I dont disappoint! im taking X01 as the base, I want a bulky yet ferocious look on the armour, Im not a big fan of the BOS design. If it ends up looking as good on paper as it does in my head, I might go ahead and try some "custom paint jobs" like Atom cats style.

Jonesy likes this.
  15. Jonesy

I hate how many of the high-tier resistance-boosting paint jobs are plain. My old 'main' hybrid suit used the red flame style for an Agility boost (with red literally making it go faster), and my 'mule' T-45 suit (specced for carrying many items) has the Strength-boosting military colouring. But my current 'main' X-01 suit has some great resistances, but is boring old grey. So tempting to sacrifice the resistance for being beautiful.

Corraidhín likes this.
  16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hah yeah, the youtuber I watch play FO4 (im still waiting to see if the DLC will be worth it, I keep my hopes high) recently acquired a set of X01 and he complains about how dreadfuly boring it looks in comparison to his older, stylish yet weakish T60, whatever paint job hes using with it, is just plain military green olive. If everything goes according to my plan, ill try to design a paint job proper of both X01 and APA (anthropomorphic power armor, cuz that name is a mouthful)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    Jonesy likes this.
  17. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

All of this talk of modded power armor excites me. I cant wait to see how this looks. BTW YOU NEED TO MAKE A GREEN PAINT JOB. Why you might ask? Combine green lizard power armor with "player.setscale 10" and you immediately have Godzilla.

Corraidhín likes this.
  18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Lol green lizard? I thinking something more wolf-like, but you ve given me an idea. I could try designing a lizard-esque helmet, maybe all those times I tried drawing Castlevania Lizardmen will be of some use. I have been looking at a modded werewolf player model from Skyrim for references, the Howling to be more precise. APA would look broad shouldered like X01, with less armour on the waist to help solidify the intended look, puttng extra emphasis on legs/feet/gauntlets to give it that look.

Btw I have been squeezing the internet for screen shots of the power frame/X01, some are useful... but I need in-game up close screens of the legs and shoulders, if someone would be so kind as to provide some, that would be wonderfully appreciated c:

I apologize in advance if its agaisnt the rules to make such a request here.

Jonesy likes this.
  19. Jonesy

It doesn't help that the Institute does have a pretty cool X-01-unique white paint set, which boosts Intelligence. As much as I'd like that, the Institute is now a smoking ruin in my game.

No, it's fine.

Corraidhín likes this.
  20. SparklySheep

Enclave armor isn't made to look pretty. It's basically the equivalent of wearing a panzer tank for a suit.

That being said, I wish the varieties of power armor weren't straight upgrades from each other besides the cost to keep them repaired.

Corraidhín likes this.