RELEASED [SMAPI 0.37+] Sprint! A faster, stamina draining run.

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by Yoshify, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Yoshify

Yoshify Intergalactic Tourist

Hardly, but I try ;)

• Randonx

Randonx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How possible would it be to add a second, alternate sprint?

For example you have your:
      1 speed
      1 stam/5 seconds

Would it be possible to add a second sprint so that you could modify it to be a OMFG I'M DYING sprint
      4 speed
      5 stam/second

Could we do this by adding your mod a second time, renaming it, and adding a second config file with the same name as the renamed mod file?

*Edited for apostrophe*

• GosuGian

GosuGian Twenty-three is number one

Can you make a Storm version?

• Schaeffer

Schaeffer Space Spelunker

This is probably too hard, but I made an account here just in hopes that someone sees it and is able to pull it off, but could Yoshify or someone add an extra bar beside the Energy bar with an "S" above it that works exclusively for sprinting? Don't like the idea of sharing stamina between tools and sprint. Think of it like in Half-Life 2, in which the sprint bar appears when you use sprint, and when you let go or run out, it slowly refills and then disappears when full.

• curi0

curi0 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks a lot for the mod, man! The toggle function is really useful. Also, when the toggle is activated, is it possible to stop stamina drain when the character is idle? coz currently it still drains the stamina even when not running or doing anything (only when the toggle is activated). It's actually not affecting my gameplay since I also use stamina regen mod, but it might affect others.

Edit:
            It also drains the stamina while on pause (a similar issue with stamina regen mod).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
            • Yoshify

It wouldn't work like that because they both share the same internal class name. I guess I could compile a secondary DLL for you if you want this?

On my todo list.

I'll look into it. :)

Should be a relatively easy fix! Thank you for the report.

Schaeffer likes this.
              • Yoshify

New update!

v1.1.2 (09/03/2016):
                • Fixed bug where Stamina would continue draining when paused/idle.
                Expect Storm support most likely tomorrow, also looking into a separate energy bar for sprinting.

curi0 likes this.
                • Randonx

Hey there.

Any chance you can start including the version number in the name of the archives for the mod? Makes it much easier to sift through the multiple downloads of your mod I have. :D

Schaeffer likes this.
                  • kaiaureli

kaiaureli Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for the mod! A small bug that I've run into is that if you end the day (go to sleep) with the run toggled on, then the mod stops working the next day.

• Randonx

Got a bug here as well, Yoshi. Not sure how it's happening, but I have my sprint key bound to LeftShift. If I open up the Steam overlay (shift+tab) the game registers the shift key being held down indefinitely. Is there a way to make it so the mod only drains your stamina while you're moving?

• Yoshify

I'll look into it, cheers!

The latest version fixed it so Stamina no longer drains when paused or idle. Are you sure you're using the latest version?

Sure, small oversight by me.

• nebee

nebee Space Hobo

I got a problem where the sprint mod would work during the first start up of the game, but after around 5 seconds, my character would immediately run at the default normal speed while holding down the hotkey for sprint, and would walk when not holding down the sprint hotkey. Was wondering if this problem is a problem with the mod or something else.

Angelesse likes this.
                          • nonameforme

nonameforme Tentacle Wrangler

This also happen to me.
                            It seem that whenever my MC run over some 'grass'/'object' that slow them down, the game will suddenly change the 'sprint speed' into 'normal run speed'. And then the 'normal run speed' into 'super slow-motion speed'.

• nebee

nebee Space Hobo

What's strange is that this mod was working perfectly fine for me yesterday, but when I started to play today, this issue occurred.

• nonameforme

nonameforme Tentacle Wrangler

This may have something to do with the new update I suppose?
                                I try config. the speed to -3 and see if reverse effect will happen. (the slow -> normal, and normal -> super fast).
                                It seem I cannot fool the system with such methods.

• Yoshify

I haven't tested compatibility with the new update just yet, let me look into it! :)

Schaeffer and Angelesse like this.
                                  • Schaeffer

Can confirm this exact situation, Yoshify, the 1.05 update broke your mod. I hope you'll be able to figure something out!

• Angelesse

Angelesse Void-Bound Voyager

Looking forward to seeing this updated soon n.n I can't live without your mod now xD

sweetangel20 and Schaeffer like this.
                                      • Schaeffer

Here's to hoping you don't work Friday mornings and can get this going again soon...Here I am trying to play Stardew without sprint and it's like an addict going cold turkey. :nuruundead:

Angelesse likes this.
                                        • Dratro

Dratro Big Damn Hero

Ok, we need an update cuz with 1.05 there is some minor "bug" when you sprint after some time it slows you down. Help! :D