RELEASED Animal Ear Anime Portraits and Fantasy Edits

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by AriaDraconfly, Mar 9, 2016.

1. osuki

osuki Space Spelunker

I LOVE THAT!!

• McCracken86

McCracken86 Big Damn Hero

Love the work you've done so far! Can't wait to see Maru and Penny when you've completed them too.

I'd gladly help on creating the sprites, if I had any idea how to do that kind of work, lol.

• AriaDraconfly

AriaDraconfly Title Not Found

Okidoki there's Penny, so-so on it but it's cute enough. Never drawn mouse ears so it was an interesting experience haha.

geir likes this.
        • xFishbone

xFishbone Cosmic Narwhal

now all we need is someone to help with editing the sprites to match!

• Baromeus

Baromeus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rly nice pack of portraits. You did well with the animal ears (after i redid mine 4 times i know how hard it can be...) and tehy look awsome.
            Still i think there is something off with the elven ears, maybe to bulky?

making the sprites isn't that hard... but frustrating since ears are kinda small, but good luck with it ;)

• AriaDraconfly

Thanks, yeah I felt the same way about the elf ears, I am using a mouse to do all the drawing so that makes it a bit harder.
              It's been a long time since I've drawn anything. This has been great to get me back into doing some art. It's making me really happy and making me want a wacom tablet.
              I used to draw all the time and now... it was so hard to get my mind to relax and just draw.
              http://isisblaze.deviantart.com/ Some of my art from years ago. I'm not the best but I still love to do it.
              I'll probably do the sprites next, or try at least, but I have to do Maru, she's hard because of the hat, floppy dog ears is all I can think of but I'm having a hard time drawing them....

• Baromeus

like i said... ears can get hard.
                since i do the furry variant of the village (a light version with only ears and tails too) i know the struggle.

and funny how you too, just started to draw again for Stardew. I do have a graphic tablet but for pixeling its not rly good so i work with my mouse here.

unfortunalty i don't have a deviant account/profile to show you but if you are interested i can send you some links to my work via PM (don't want to much offtopic in your thread ;) )

• xFishbone

xFishbone Cosmic Narwhal

• AriaDraconfly

Hah awesome, though the person called me a guy lol. My avatar is me so definitely not a dude. :p

• Baromeus

Aria, would it be okey if i link your Portraits in my thread? So users who aren't happy with my furry/half-furry may have a look into your fantasy characters.

• AriaDraconfly

Sure not a problem :) Oh and yeah feel free to link me some of your art!

• AriaDraconfly

[​IMG]
                        So, I don't really like it.... do I need to change the color of the ears or any other ideas?

Yunix likes this.
                        • Precurser

Precurser Void-Bound Voyager

These are really good, thank you for the effort :)

• AriaDraconfly

[​IMG]
                            Argh I just can't make it look good... It looks like part of her hair, not really dog ears. Do I keep trying or can someone suggest a different animal?

• tomatix

tomatix Star Wrangler

Hmmmm if you want to stick with the dog theme, perhaps a butterfly dog or a french bulldog? their might be more suitable but those are the two that I can come up with that have upright vertical ears, which I think would work better since maru has a wide hair style?

edit: or maybe since she is a nurse, you can make a tongue and cheek reference to nurse joy from pokemon....jigglypuff?

• xFishbone

xFishbone Cosmic Narwhal

maybe a weird request.. but if you have time, can we get a version of penny with ears that match the color of hamster penny marchemelo did?
                                (its in the leah fox sprite thread)

and maybe try different colored ears for maru?
                                like mainly white with 2 or 3 large spots the color of the rest of her hair?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
                                • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

looks great!

• McCracken86

McCracken86 Big Damn Hero

Hm, if you're sticking with the dog motif then here's my two suggestions:

1) Short, folded over ears that are simply 'hidden' underneath the hat.

2) Tall ears that poke out through the hat as if there were holes cut into it.

Not sure if either matches the aesthetic you're aiming for though. Either way, you've done a great job.

• AriaDraconfly

I'll be off for the next couple days, my birthday is Saturday (Yep tomorrow) and I have a bunch of prep (I'm in my late 20's so I have to do all the prep myself :p ah adult responsibilities) to do for my party (Part of the East Bay Geek meetup I run) and I'll probably be wiped out the day after since my East Bay geek events range from 20-60 people and run until 2-5am. But I'll try to get to Maru on Monday, I have some ideas for her now I think.

cure likes this.
                                      • TooManyGamesPoro

TooManyGamesPoro Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever you get the time I would love an elf looking elliot or a kitsune elliot ^^! Also happy early b day!