RELEASED James009 Spriting Shack

Discussion in 'Mods' started by James009, Mar 1, 2016.

1. James009

James009 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I've been working on some sprites for Stardew. I've been playing with remaking the characters and changing the appearances of animals. Mind you, I'm not an artist by any means.

We haven't seen a huge variety of sprites released yet but with modding now available we'll hopefully start seeing more and then start to see them work their way into mods. Anyways, here is what I have so far...

Animals
    I made a grey cat.
    Download: Goes into the animals folder. Fixed
    [​IMG]

Recolors
    I made Abigail with black hair and a new outfit. I really like this one; it fits her character.
    DOWNLOAD: All files included in a .rar, extract into main directory.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I really thought the black outfit suits Abigail nicely and made her hair blond.
    [​IMG]

Here I made Abigail a blond with a red shirt. Kinda reminds me of Karen from Harvest Moon!
    EDIT: Updated this one, looks much nicer now. I just need to work on a bit more now.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Abigail's mother is always talking about her natural hair color and someone mentioned she had brown hair. Check out Abigail with her natural hair!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lastly, I got tired of the cinnamon bun in Penny's hair so I removed it. Now Penny has shorter hair.
    Portrait Download: If you want her in your game. Goes into Content\Portraits directory.
    Sprite Download: This replaces her in-game character sprite by removing the bun in her hair.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I REALLY hope to see more recolors and redesigns from others in the future.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    • James009

Updated the previews and added download links for most of the characters. Let me know if there are any problems and what you think. All bugs should be fixed now. Download links fixed as well.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
      • MaxDamark

MaxDamark Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice retexture. I like the black on most. Really suits Abigails character ! Keep up the great work. Would love to see more in the Future. :poke:

James009 likes this.
        • cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Repack the grey cat with the newest XNB Node. It was causing that border most likely, fixed in latest version.

• James009

Yeah, I've been working on fixing that. I managed to get Abigail with brown hair working by messing with the file a bit when saving it. I'll try the new XNB node though, thanks.

EDIT: Looks like the problems have been fixed via various solutions including the new compiler XNB node and changing some settings when saving. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
            • BunnyBuns

BunnyBuns Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey I was wondering if you would be willing to help me make a mod myself! Im an artist and have been dying to try out my ideas on this game but alas I have no clue how to mod :D if not I understand I just figured I'd ask someone on the forums for help before going on an endless google search!

• James009

Sure, send me a PM with what you need help with.

• skomega01

skomega01 Tentacle Wrangler

good sir could you add a little bit more hair to peny ?

i like penny she is a good girl, but the only thing i dislike is her bun.. your mod is awesome, but can you make penny portrait mod that is still has a medium-long hair ? that would be more awesome :DD

• Snebbik

Snebbik Aquatic Astronaut

How do you get rid of the white boarder on the grey cat? I like the mod since I have a grey cat that basically looks like the one you made, but when I use this mod there's a white box that's 3 squares wide with the cat in the middle and two squares tall.

• JaiantPanda

JaiantPanda Guest

Aah, the grey cat is adorable but I am also getting a semi translucent white border around it; [​IMG] I'd love to use him still if it gets fixed, though!

• Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Short-haired Penny is so cute! The look really suits her; looks like she's finally ready to step out into the world.
                        Really looking forward to seeing more mods myself, I'll be keeping an eye on you!

• Unicornking Dean

Unicornking Dean Intergalactic Tourist

• Cerylia

Cerylia Void-Bound Voyager

i really like her natural hair color <3

• James009

This should be fixed now.

No idea, portraits?

Me too! Been thinking of re-doing her mother's hair to be brown too. Doesn't seem right she randomly has green hair.

JaiantPanda likes this.
                            • devilkitty

devilkitty Space Hobo

I get a virus alert on dark hair Abigail when I try to download it.

I didn't get it the second time i tried but I hope I won't regret it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
                              • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

• James009

Might want to SERIOUSLY double check whatever program you are using to virus scan things.