1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Wineskin wrapper for Mac

Discussion in 'Support' started by DandoCalrissian, Mar 8, 2016.

1. DandoCalrissian

DandoCalrissian Astral Cartographer

When you view the logs, does it open two windows? I need both logs as there should be one with your system specs in it that will help me add the GPU in an update. You can also try running this in addition to getting the other logs: http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/ (click the Save as Text in the upper left when you run that program and attach that .xml file here)

EDIT: I just uploaded a new version of the wrapper that should include almost all of the stock GPUs that shipped with all varieties of Mac. You can download it by using the link in the first post!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
      pandahatbear likes this.
    • DandoCalrissian

Everyone! 1.05 is out and you may need to perform an extra step (or 3) if you're using Steam and it doesn't seem to be updating (an easy way to check is to see if the zoom feature is in the options screen). If you aren't in 1.05 and it has already downloaded the update, try these steps:

HAVING TROUBLE UPGRADING TO 1.05?
      My wrapper was not updating the game in Steam even though the patch downloaded, but I was able to resolve it by doing the following:
      1. Right-click the game in Steam and select Properties
      2. Click on the Local Files tab and press Verify Integrity of Game Cache
      3. It will show a progress bar, once it is done, exit out of these windows and run the game
      You should now be in v1.05! I'm not sure what to do for GOG, so you may need to just re-download the game and install it again in order to upgrade to v1.05.​

• natakazam

natakazam Seal Broken

Hey there, thanks so much for your hard work. I have gotten to the point of installing SDV but when i try to run it, it says it's installing microsoft framework 4.0 and the msxl3 then just doesn't run. Is there something I did wrong? I'm pretty sure I did all of the wrapper prep right.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
        • DandoCalrissian

Try going back through the Preparing Your Wrapper steps to see if anything was missed when installing dlls from Winetricks, namely dotnet40, msxml3, and xna40. Usually if those are missing, they will cause of the issue you're seeing. If that doesn't seem to help, get logs and post them here as outlined in the Troubleshooting section.

• natakazam

natakazam Seal Broken

It looks like the very first issue I had was from not installing dotnet40, but I went back and did it again, double checked and got everything and am still getting the same issue. I will try once more to see if not I will get the logs.

• natakazam

natakazam Seal Broken

Still nothing. I also got a LastRunX11.log if that is important too.

Attached Files:

• Juanbalboa

Juanbalboa Space Hobo

I got the gog.com version to work great. Thank you SO SO much to everyone who helped make this possible. You all are exceedingly awesome.

DandoCalrissian likes this.
                • DandoCalrissian

Is this happening after going to Winetricks and selecting dotnet40, msxml3, and xna40 and hitting the Run button? It looks like the xna40 install didn't work properly. Try going to Winetricks and installing msxml3 first, then dotnet40 and xna40 and see if that does the trick for you.

• natakazam

natakazam Seal Broken

That did the trick, I confirmed the game was running well and everything and then quit steam and stardew valley. I pointed it to the steam.exe afterwards like in the steps and then closed it, tried to open it through the wrapper and it just brought the wineskin window up. Did I do something wrong here? I am sorry these are stupid questions, I have never used wine before.

• DandoCalrissian

Glad it's working! Are you double-clicking on the wrapper itself, or the Wineskin button after you click "Show Package Contents"? If the wrapper itself is bringing up that menu, hit Advanced and double-check the Windows EXE field to make sure the Steam.exe path is there. It seems like sometimes it just doesn't save, so it's no fault of yours :)

natakazam likes this.
                      • natakazam

natakazam Seal Broken

[​IMG]
                        I'm double clicking on the wrapper, and I checked the path and this is correct, no? If it didn't save, do I have to start at the beginning or do I just have to go through and install software and set up steam again?

• DandoCalrissian

You don't need to start over if it was working, it just seems like some fields don't save for some reason. If you hit Test Run, does it start up properly and allow you to play? Also, do you by chance have multiple copies of the wrapper extracted? I've accidentally tried to run an empty one multiple times and facepalmed after starting to troubleshoot.

• natakazam

natakazam Seal Broken

Hmm.. no it doesn't let me run the game when I hit test run. I'm not sure what that's about, I had the game running just fine before I closed them out.

Nah, that's my only one, so I don't think that's the problem.

This is what the log says after I try to test run:

fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start: 1053
                            fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
                            fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
                            fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
                            fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32" failed to start: 1053

• DandoCalrissian

That's a weird one. I know this will kind of suck, but I would suggest deleting the wrapper at this point and starting over from scratch. It's possible something funky happened to the wrapper and now it's just giving you errors even though things look like they should be working properly.

• Bwolfiee206

Bwolfiee206 Intergalactic Tourist

After following all of the steps, when i sign into steam everything is blank. I can look into my library but i cannot go to the store or do anything else within steam. It looks like it is not connecting properly. I did the test run to gather the logs, i received two. Not sure whats going on with this.

Thank you for the support and helping to bring this to the Mac! :)

Attached Files:

• natakazam

natakazam Seal Broken

No problem, I will probably do that next. I have gotten it to run fine just by going through and doing the executable again, it only takes about 30 seconds to rework steam - it's not convenient but I was just itching to play lol ;) but thank you SO much for all your help and all that work! I'm so happy to be playing !

DandoCalrissian likes this.
                                  • DandoCalrissian

Ah yes, this is an issue in Wine. Everything is working fine, just go to the Library tab, install Stardew Valley, and start playing! If you need to purchase it, you'll have to do that either through the site or through the Steam client on your Mac.

• RepellantArtist

RepellantArtist Space Hobo

Dando, I got the game to work once. I closed everything after I was finished. When I came back to play again and double clicked on the chicken icon, nothing happened. What should I do? Do I have to repeat the setup process?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
                                      • telgalad

telgalad Aquatic Astronaut

Hey all, Any work around to get smapi or storm installed with this? I've played 30+ hours using the guide on page 1... now i'm trying to add a few mods but can't get the modding api's to work.

• KnightBaron

KnightBaron Space Hobo

I got SMAPI running by install .NET 4.5.2 using the installer (not winetricks). Note that you have to change "Windows Version" (in winecfg) to Windows 7 before installing .NET 4.5.2 and change it back to Windows XP to play the game. (I got crackling/popping BGM if I leave Windows Version to Windows 7.)

.NET 4.5.2 Offline Installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642

JohnnyFYVE and DandoCalrissian like this.