1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED New Biome Music (Outdated!) 5/12/16

Changes biome music so that it'll fit in better with the biomes (and re-enables battle music).

1. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Shadow Wolf TJC submitted a new mod:

New Biome Music - Changes biome music so that it'll fit in better with the biomes.

Read more about this mod...

2. Shadow Wolf TJC

3. Shadow Wolf TJC

4. almedyl

almedyl Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, interesting mod, thanks! Is it compatible with Frackin' Music ?

5. Shadow Wolf TJC

I've never played with the Frackin Universe mod, let alone Frackin Music, so I don't know yet. However, I can check with the files to see if there will be any compatability issues.

Update: From the looks of things, Frackin Music is a mod that adds new tracks to music playlists. While I doubt that it'll cause any crashes, I believe that there is a risk that my No Biome Music mod, which my New Biome Music mod requires, may overwrite the music playlist that the Frackin Music mod adds to.

Normally, it should've been as simple of a fix as adding this line...:
    Code:
      "includes" : ["No Biome Music", "New Biome Music"],
    ...to Frackin Music's pak.modinfo file...:
    Code:
    {
      "name" : "FrackinMusic",
      "version" : "",
      "path" : ".",
      "dependencies" : [ ],
      "metadata": {
        "author" : "Sayter",
        "description" : "107 new songs added to FrackinUniverse biomes and vanilla biomes",
        "support_url" : ""
      }
    }
    ...to get something like this:
    Code:
    {
      "name" : "FrackinMusic",
      "version" : "",
      "path" : ".",
      "dependencies" : [ ],
      "includes" : ["No Biome Music", "New Biome Music"],
      "metadata": {
        "author" : "Sayter",
        "description" : "107 new songs added to FrackinUniverse biomes and vanilla biomes",
        "support_url" : ""
      }
    }
    This would've insured that Frackin Music would load after the No Biome Music and New Biome Music mods have been loaded, yet wouldn't require either of them to be present in order to successfully load.

Unfortunately, as the Frackin Music mod was compressed into a .modpak file, it will need to be unpacked 1st. There's a tutorial of it here in case you need it.

I'll also need to contact the author of that mod to bring this compatability issue to light.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    almedyl likes this.
  6. almedyl

I have an unpacked version of FM already so it's OK.
    I found a warning related to your mod :
    Code:
    Error: Could not apply patch from backend: Folder <../giraffe_storage/mods\No Biome Music\.>.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'musicTrack' in pathApply("/musicTrack/day/tracks")

7. Shadow Wolf TJC

Is it causing any crashes for you?

8. almedyl

No, I found it while checking my logs.

9. Shadow Wolf TJC

I believe that it might be because the game was trying to replace a music playlist that wasn't existing within the vanilla game's files. Specifically, atmosphere.biome.patch, within the No Biome Music, was trying to replace the atmosphere biome's music list with a blank list, but was failing since atmosphere.biome within the vanilla Starbound files never had a music playlist in the 1st place.

As this seems to be a non-fatal error, and doesn't seem to have any negative impact on the experience provided by the New Biome Music mod (which didn't have anything to add to the atmosphere biome anyways), I'll leave it alone for now in favor of working on some more important projects, like a new biome music pack with non-Starbound music...

10. Shadow Wolf TJC

11. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC updated New Biome Music with a new update entry:

5 Music Tracks that I didn't have previously were added!

Read the rest of this update entry...